Groups

Tesco misprice help / policy

Today I purchased 4 cases of Cider marked 2 cases for £12. When I paid the cases came to £36 with a discount of £4 (making £32). When I went to the till the customer services refunded an extra £8. I am sure that Tesco used to refund double the difference? When I asked the rep said they dont do that and I cannot find a policy.

Can anyone advise? I kept my reciept just in case :-)

10 Comments

Banned

i think your getting a good deal @ 2 for 12 anyway, try not to be too greedy fella eh

They do refund double the difference, it's on the big blue notice board behind every customer service desk.

The policy changed a year or so ago from retain and refund (you got your money back and kept the product) to double the difference. Go back and point out the policy at customer services desk.

Banned

snowflake;5993098

They do refund double the difference, it's on the big blue notice board … They do refund double the difference, it's on the big blue notice board behind every customer service desk.The policy changed a year or so ago from retain and refund (you got your money back and kept the product) to double the difference. Go back and point out the policy at customer services desk.

+100
    beaten to it:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I purchased 2 disney cars other day and it said bogof at £3.97 ea, but checking my receipt they came up at 2 for £5, went to customer service and she told me cause i was over charged she gave me back the 2 x £3.97 and I kept them, but later in week i was over charged on something else but she only gave me back the overcharge.

You should have got DTD, Customer Service were making up their own rules as happens a lot in Tesco. The policy is clearly stated on the blue sign behind CS desk, about 2/3s down.

i had this in our tescos, got overcharged for 4 items, went to CS and got full refund and products for free, another time only got back the money i was overcharged and another got double refund, so think it depends whos serving at the time !!!!!

snowflake;5993098

They do refund double the difference, it's on the big blue notice board … They do refund double the difference, it's on the big blue notice board behind every customer service desk.The policy changed a year or so ago from retain and refund (you got your money back and kept the product) to double the difference. Go back and point out the policy at customer services desk.

Yours does. The policy change was to let individual store managers decide on a case by case basis. Came in after the famous xbox360 fiasco (google). The OP needs to check the store display.

Yes they should refund double the difference, well they did me last week..

Tescos policy is that if you are overcharged then you only get double the difference now and you dont keep the item. This was due to the fact that some people were posting on this very website that there was a misprice on an XBox console a couple of years ago that was about £3 different on the label to what it was scanning and so £6 was given back and you could keep the console!! This was costing them a fortune and there were professional gangs going round and using the self scanner stations to check games and DVD prices so they could use this error to obtain free goods. This is why a lot of Tescos now dont have the self scanner stations and why the refund policy was changed. So it sites like this that spoilt it really.

Below is the new refund policy:

NEW REFUND POLICY - LIVE 26TH FEB 2007

AS YOU MAY BE AWARE, OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE REFUND POLICY HAS CHANGED.

FROM THIS DATE, OUR POLICY WILL BE THAT IF THERE IS A PRICING ERROR, WE WILL REFUND DOUBLE THE DIFFERENCE ONLY CUSTOMERS WILL NO LONGER BE OFFERED A REFUND AND BE ALLOWED TO RETAIN THE PRODUCT
    THE ONLY EXCEPTION TO THIS WILL BE IF A PRODUCT IS DOUBLE SCANNED. IN THIS SITUATION THE CUSTOMER WILL BE GIVEN THE PRODUCT FREE. DOUBLE SCANS ARE NOW RARE DUE TO A CHANGE IN TILLING SYSTEMS. STORES HAVE BEEN GIVEN SOME DISCRETION TO OFFER SMALL GESTURES IN THIS INSTANCE.

PLEASE NOTE: THIS POLICY CHANGE DOES NOT COME INTO EFFECT UNTIL MONDAY 26TH FEB 2007, SO IF CUSTOMERS CALL REGARDING THE REFUND POLICY, THE OLD ONE WILL APPLY UNTIL THAT DATE.

DETAILS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
    OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE REFUND POLICY HAS CHANGED!
    THE AMENDMENT TO OUR REFUND POLICY WILL CHANGE AS FROM WK 1 (26TH FEB 2007)

THE OLD POLICY IS OUR PROMISE
    IF ANY OF OUR PRODUCTS FALLS BELOW THE HIGH STANDARDS YOU EXPECT, PLEASE BRING THEM BACK WITHIN 28 DAYS, TOGETHER WITH YOUR RECEIPT, AND WE WILL HAPPILY REFUND OR EXCHANGE THE ITEM.
    IF YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND WITHIN 28 DAYS AND HAVE YOUR RECEIPT, WE ARE HAPPY TO REFUND OR EXCHANGE THE PRODUCT PROVIDED IT IS RETURNED AS SOLD WITH ALL THE ORIGINAL PACKAGING, TAGS, LABELS AND ALL ACCESSORIES.

IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE THE FOLLOWING ALSO APPLIES:

ELECTRICAL
    TESCO GUARANTEES ALL ITS ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS FOR ONE YEAR. IF YOUR PRODUCT DEVELOPS A FAULT, WE MAY OFFER A REPAIR, EXCHANGE OR REFUND AS APPROPRIATE. SMALL DOMESTIC APPLIANCES MAY BE RETURNED TO STORE WITH PROOF OF PURCHASE AND ALL ACCESSORIES. FOR HELP AND ADVICE ON ALL OTHER PRODUCTS PLEASE CALL OUR ELECTRICAL HELPLINE 0845 601 2549. MONDAY TO SATURDAY 9AM TO 8PM AND SUNDAY 11AM TO 5PM.

MOBILE PHONES
    FOR HELP AND ADVICE ON MOBILE PHONES OR IF YOUR PHONE DEVELOPS A FAULT, PLEASE CALL OUR MOBILE PHONE HELPLINE 0845 3006660. MONDAY TO SATURDAY 9AM TO 8PM AND SUNDAY 11AM TO 5PM.
    CDS, DVDS, VIDEOS AND COMPUTER SOFTWARE
    WE MAY RESTRICT EXCHANGES TO THE SAME TITLE DUE TO THE PROBLEM OF UNLICENSED COPYING.

CLOTHING
    CUSTOMERS CAN NOW HAVE AN EXCHANGE OR REFUND ON SWIMWEAR, UNDERWEAR AND HOSIERY IF THEY RETURN THE PRODUCT WITHIN 28 DAYS WITH YOUR RECEIPT, IN ITS ORIGINAL CONDITION WITH ALL PACKAGING, LABELS AND PRICE TICKETS AND WE WILL HAPPILY REFUND OR REPLACE THE ITEM.

JEWELLERY
    PLEASE REFER TO THE POLICY AT THE JEWELLERY DESK WHERE ALL RETURNS MUST BE PROCESSED.
    AND IF THINGS DON’T ADD UP
    IN THE UNLIKELY EVENT THAT WE CHARGE YOU MORE THAN THE PRICE SHOWN ON THE SHELF OR ON THE PRODUCT, WE WILL GIVE YOU YOUR MONEY BACK AND YOU KEEP THE PRODUCT.
    YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS ARE NOT AFFECTED
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Your dream gaming set up?815
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …134311
      3. Cat Chat74711
      4. Any PS4 News Here29213637

See more discussions