Expired

TESCO Mobile - Totally the worst customer service I have ever experienced

Found 27th Jun 2012
If I went into lots of detail I'd take hours to write everything so i'm going to sum up:

1) on the 16/6 called TM (Tesco Mobile) for an account query, I also mentioned I was getting crossed calls and they said a new sim was needed. I said that was strange but OK.

2) On Monday 25/6 at 2pm NO SERVICE on my phone, got home at 4pm and contact TM. After 40 minutes they said it was a handset fault and I needed to contact phone support

3) 5pm after an hour calling phone support they said my SIM had been disconnected because a new one had been sent out. I said I hadn't received anything and I needed my phone. Was it sent recorded? what date? they didn't know?

4) As the sim may have been lost they advised me I should drive to a tesco store and collect a new sim then they would transfer the number. At 8pm went to Tesco, got new sim, contacted customer services. 24hr to resore I was told.

5) 4pm next day contacted TM worried as still not on advised it will defo be back by 8pm.

6) 8.10pm contacted TM still not on, gave all details again and assured it would be on by midnight. I said I didn't believe them, "trust us it's guaranteed" they stated. I have all logs and recorded calls.

7) midnight, NO SERVICE

6am Weds (today) NO SERVICE

9) 7am SIM card turns up, put it in the phone and it works

10) 8am call customer services furious, they were less than useful, couldn't understand my frustration and stated they my number had never been requested to be moved and wasn't in the system. They could see on the logs that it had, yet no action was taken.

11) I explained that I was told to drive to a store and collect a new sim, yet this was totally pointless, i'd spent in total 6 hours dealing with this and I never even asked for a new sim to be sent.

12) They offered free line rental to the end of the month, I said this is an insult. I pretty much had to beg for two months free line rental which I still feel is an insult.

13) I am so angry, not sure who I can contact as this is unacceptable. All the time I stressed that the phone is my primary contact for the nursery as I work for the Fire service and am mobile.

14) At the end of my contract thats it. I'll never use Tesco Mobile or their stores again.

God I'm so angry I've wasted so much time and money on this....
Community Updates
41 Comments
moral of the story dont get mobiler services with someone who should stick to selling bananas and potatoes
Yes, it's a lesson learned! In 20 years with mobile companies I ever experienced being switched off with no warning then told "we've sent a sim but don't know if it's been lost" - I'm done, as soon as my contract ends, which they say they will not release me, I'm off...
orange may be the next point of call for you (_;)
Should have stopped at 9)
I wish I had, if I thought that I'd driven to the store for a reason it may of helped. Problem is I was worried that the new sim would go off as they are supposed to be transferring the number to the sim I collected Monday! TOTAL MARE! God help them if I get no service on this one!
Seems you're not the only one with issues with them....

hotukdeals.com/mis…914
So how long were you without service?
You have your revenge already, as after seeing this they seem like little boys trying to play a big boys game and I too will avoid them as others probably will.
thesaint

So how long were you without service?

I was out of SERVICE from 1300 Monday to 6am today. That's not the issue, the issue is they made me run around to rectify their fault, even asking me to drive to a store to collect a sim as they didn't know if the one they had sent (and i didn't ask for) had been lost. Their left arm doesn't know what the right was doing.
id get back on to them and ask them to disconnect you now. Speak to a manager and tell them they have well and truely messed you about and have broken your contract. My brother had similar with a network one time and he got out after 3 months and kept the handset.
They said under no circumstances could I leave. I asked... They were just so totally useless. I've got the calls recorded and will post the mp3 files soon, it's a total comedy.....
I've been with them since March this year... 3 months :-(.

Edited by: "Mrlossy" 27th Jun 2012
Mrlossy

They said under no circumstances could I leave. I asked... They were … They said under no circumstances could I leave. I asked... They were just so totally useless. I've got the calls recorded and will post the mp3 files soon, it's a total comedy.....

Forgot - I also said to the complaints team I'll be writing to Tesco and the Mobile phone regulator complaining about your service. They said "you can't do this as we've sorted the complaint". I said are you real? I can complain to whoever I want. They are numpties.....

I've been with Tesco Mobile since June 2010 and have had absolutely no problem. You're getting 2 free months line rental to compensate - unfortunately a mixup has occurred which can happen in any company with vast amounts of customers. Don't understand how this is the 'worst ever customer service'? If you want that, try using a company like TalkTalk.

I pretty much had to beg for two months free line rental which I still … I pretty much had to beg for two months free line rental which I still feel is an insult.

How much compensation would have been appropriate?
yipykayay

How much compensation would have been appropriate?

6hrs worth a minimum wage and fuel!
plumberman01

Depends what tariff OP is on. I'd say a £15 - £20+ per month x 2 is fair compensation.
Mrlossy

I was out of SERVICE from 1300 Monday to 6am today. That's not the … I was out of SERVICE from 1300 Monday to 6am today. That's not the issue, the issue is they made me run around to rectify their fault, even asking me to drive to a store to collect a sim as they didn't know if the one they had sent (and i didn't ask for) had been lost. Their left arm doesn't know what the right was doing.

Maybe you should have asked the method of delivery for the SIM was being made at the time they said they were sending it?

So they asked you to drive to a store which might have helped you get you service, and it didn't work.
First world problems.

http://lolvirgin.com/wp-content/uploads/Male-First-World-Problems.png
I was happy with the customer service received, but I suppose it can be hit and miss even with the shops that pride on good customer service like JL
some people just like to moan about anything I guess. Lack of a mobile for a day or two is hardly a serious life issue!
littlepinkstarz

orange may be the next point of call for you (_;)

I've recently joined Orange, can't fault them so far... don't get me started on o2 though...

Mikey91

Don't understand how this is the 'worst ever customer service'? If you … Don't understand how this is the 'worst ever customer service'? If you want that, try using a company like TalkTalk.

Have to agree... my home broadband currently limps along at 4mb which the islamabad based customer services team assure me 'is good speed' and to be fair to them it probably is... in islamabad.

On topic, they're not going to release you on the strength of a few days downtime, sounds like you've had all you'll get with 2 months free line rental, I can understand your frustration though, might be a good idea to give the nursery an alternative contact number in case of emergencies but it's easy to point out the bleedin obvious after the event...

God I'm so angry I've wasted so much time and money on this....

and yet you are going to spend more time & money on this reporting them to ofcom etc etc. I'd hate to see how worked up you would get if you ever had a real life problem to cope with oO
He's taken compensation in the form of two free months therefore has no legal right to terminate his contract early. End of the day whilst it is a bit of a ball ache running around like that I personally wouldn't have given you two months free at all. And on a serious note I wouldn't post those mp3 files as you are no doubt aware that's illegal without the second parties consent? Just a heads up.
mrlossyman

I didnt ask for them to send a sim and why would I expect them to turn my … I didnt ask for them to send a sim and why would I expect them to turn my phone off? What company removes a service until they've awknowledged a replacement?

Why have you created a multi to post this comment? oO

They will have deactivated automatically probably as I assume they will have a practice in place to do so if they have sent you out a new sim card.
plumberman01

lol.
That may have been exceeded depending on the contract cost in which case the OP should be boasting about his negotiating skills.
OP - Out of interest, how much is your contract per month?
Yes you have had an upset with them and spent a few hours sorting it out. It's a horrible inconvenience and the hassle is frustrating.

BUT -

I spent over THREE MONTHS speaking to BT in 2005 trying to get my internet set up. I was very well compensated at the end but I had many calls where I was reduced to tears by the sheer frustration of it all.

Sorry, not trying to get one up on you but your experience Pales into comparison with the truly horrendous customer service of BT.
To the user who posted about real life issues. Try cutting a family out of a car with bits of body missing or hanging off, or perhaps cleaning up a horse hit by a lorry on the m25. Go home to your family and don't talk about what you've seen. If you can do this then you may have the right to make such a personal comment.
fr3ddy

He's taken compensation in the form of two free months therefore has no … He's taken compensation in the form of two free months therefore has no legal right to terminate his contract early. End of the day whilst it is a bit of a ball ache running around like that I personally wouldn't have given you two months free at all. And on a serious note I wouldn't post those mp3 files as you are no doubt aware that's illegal without the second parties consent? Just a heads up.

That is not true, if that was the case how would YouTube survive? Also, I asked to terminate my contract prior to agreeing two months compensation. Finally the originally offered free until the end of the month 5 days, which wouldn't have even covered the petrol to the store.
Mrlossy

To the user who posted about real life issues. Try cutting a family out … To the user who posted about real life issues. Try cutting a family out of a car with bits of body missing or hanging off, or perhaps cleaning up a horse hit by a lorry on the m25. Go home to your family and don't talk about what you've seen. If you can do this then you may have the right to make such a personal comment.

totally irrelevant to the tantrums and tears you are showing over the loss of a mobile connection for 36 hours!

Seems like you are a serial moaner anyway

hotukdeals.com/mis…273

out of interest, did this thread have any point whatsoever?
Edited by: "csiman" 27th Jun 2012
Mrlossy

That is not true, if that was the case how would YouTube survive? Also, I … That is not true, if that was the case how would YouTube survive? Also, I asked to terminate my contract prior to agreeing two months compensation. Finally the originally offered free until the end of the month 5 days, which wouldn't have even covered the petrol to the store.

its illegal
Edited by: "csiman" 27th Jun 2012
Ah csiman, How is the council house, the wife still having an affair? Got over the bullying from school? Perhaps I can now be guilty of making presumptions without any fact. Do you think I am really crying, tears? Are you really that stupid? Maybe you are? I have done the very thing I set out to do....
It is not illegal if you have told the other party it is being recorded and how it will be used. To which both I did (as is on the recording)
Cool story bro.
Trolls trolls everywhere...
" I have all logs and recorded calls."

Hallmark of a chronic moaner.
You can write to Ofcom but they will do nothing because as Tesco said, they have dealt with the issue, as far as compensation goes, I think you were lucky to get 2 months line rental free. They don't really have to give you anything, the only thing you can do now is either prove that you are financially out of pocket for which they will have a condition in terms to cover themselves, or hope they will give you some goodwill which will be in the shape of a food voucher, after all, thats what they do, sell food.
Op, having read a couple of your threads ,in amazed that you didn't moan to your family about that dead horse on the m25
You think Tesco mobile are bad, wait till you get in with tmobile. Wife asked for her contract to be cancelled 2 months ago (it even says on their website that the contract IS cancelled), got a DEMAND for the last 2 months line rental today through the post. The reason? Because she had a PAC code that she didn't use.

WTFF!!!!!

So now they want 3 month line rental even though she had already PAID to end her contract early.
We just sent back a iPhone 6 to Tesco for repair. They turned around and billed us over £200. We were furious as the item was faulty of no fault of ours. The screen would not move or you could not press anything on the screen. We tried to explain this to Tesco but they insisted we pay the amount for the refund. We did get some legal advice and were told that the item should be repaired by tesco free of charge. Tesco would not have this. We were without the phone for over one month. We contacted Tesco to at least get one month off our contract but they refused. We were with Virgin a few years ago and when our iPhone 5 broke even after the warranty they replaced it and they even refunded £27 off our month bill. So All I can say to anyone out there that wants a phone on contract " DO NOT BUY A PHONE THROUGH TESCO" Oh just to mention their Tesco repair centre are a third party company who are a bunch of crooks. You have been warned. Thank you.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants