Groups

Tesco now doing same day delivery

Hi

I live in rural North Wales and I ordered with Tesco (minimum £40.00) at 8.27am this morning Friday and the order has just arrived 8.20pm

(8-9.00pm slot) the delivery was a little costly at £4.50 but it saved me petrol and hassle.

The driver couldn't have been nicer - a credit to Tesco.

Excellent service maybe Tesco are 'turning the corner'.

Might help someone who isn't well and lives on their own or just doesn't feel like going out in the cold dark winter months etc.

9 Comments

Out of interest, how far away is your nearest Tesco?

Original Poster

Mark2111

Out of interest, how far away is your nearest Tesco?

Hi
    My local Tesco is 4 miles away but I'm not sure if deliveries are fulfilled by the local store.
    I think its a larger store where the picking and packing is done, I can find out and post back.

I think £4.50 is a fair price you've paid. Factor in the petrol, no impulse purchases instore and finding a space near the entrance and traipsing around looking for stuff!

Original Poster

Mark2111

I think £4.50 is a fair price you've paid. Factor in the petrol, no … I think £4.50 is a fair price you've paid. Factor in the petrol, no impulse purchases instore and finding a space near the entrance and traipsing around looking for stuff!

I agree worth £4.50 great service by Tesco very impressed.

such a sweet thought at the end of this

I could be wrong but I think they have done this for some time
    I know a lot of people in the situation you mentioned were not happy at the increase of the minimum order from £25
    still if you are happy
    Edited by: "Wongy110" 2nd Dec 2016

thewongwing101

I could be wrong but I think they have done this for some timeI know a … I could be wrong but I think they have done this for some timeI know a lot of people in the situation you mentioned were not happy at the increase of the minimum order from £25still if you are happy :D:D

Yeah they have done same day delivery for quite a while, however it may have been selected area's and only just added the OP's local one.

If you live rurally but have a good neighbour you can make one order between you and pay one delivery charge. Maybe take it in turns to get the club card points.

Original Poster

Mark2111

If you live rurally but have a good neighbour you can make one order … If you live rurally but have a good neighbour you can make one order between you and pay one delivery charge. Maybe take it in turns to get the club card points.

Nice idea, thanks
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767482
      2. Bearded chat13
      3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1932
      4. One thing you've forgotten1517

See more discussions