Tesco now selling android tv boxes

Found 20th Nov 2015
So Tesco direct now sell android to boxes.

The description states watch sports, vod tv channels for free via kodi !

Several boxes available and with club card boost too

tesco.com/dir…869

They will sell anything for a profit
Community Updates
20 Comments
Wow that's a hefty price tag
While you would be mad to pay the price there is nothing wrong with what they are doing. Lots of free (legit) TV to be watched on Kodi.
They sell three, all overpriced, but with club card boost.

I didn't think they could advertise kodi in the description.
JarrodWRX

They sell three, all overpriced, but with club card boost.I didn't think … They sell three, all overpriced, but with club card boost.I didn't think they could advertise kodi in the description.

Kodi is not illegal
Kodi is open source software and is entirely legal. There is nothing illegal in kodi.
Kodi has an add on system and anyone can create add ons - unfortunately the most popular add ons are the ones of questionable integrity.
The "fully loaded" boxes that sellers on ebay etc are selling are hurting the appearance of kodi - kodi is 100% legal.
It does my head in that people think kodi means piracy!
Astrix

Kodi is open source software and is entirely legal. There is nothing … Kodi is open source software and is entirely legal. There is nothing illegal in kodi.Kodi has an add on system and anyone can create add ons - unfortunately the most popular add ons are the ones of questionable integrity.The "fully loaded" boxes that sellers on ebay etc are selling are hurting the appearance of kodi - kodi is 100% legal.It does my head in that people think kodi means piracy!

I didn't say it was illegal, but I just didn't think that Tesco would advertise free sports, VOD and tv channels.
The addons available in the kodi programme itself when downloaded from the play store, give you access to BBC channels, which I am 100% sure are not free as you require a tv license
Currys also sell the same boxes, same price
wow what a price tag - amazon tv box is only £70 and stick around £30 - ppl who buy this have more money then sense
Astrix

Kodi is open source software and is entirely legal. There is nothing … Kodi is open source software and is entirely legal. There is nothing illegal in kodi.Kodi has an add on system and anyone can create add ons - unfortunately the most popular add ons are the ones of questionable integrity.The "fully loaded" boxes that sellers on ebay etc are selling are hurting the appearance of kodi - kodi is 100% legal.It does my head in that people think kodi means piracy!

Free from expensive subscriptions, this Android-powered TV box lets you … Free from expensive subscriptions, this Android-powered TV box lets you stream from sources all over the world and watch a wide variety of TV, movies and sports events

The description doesn't state that you can watch illegally streamed content. It states:

Which is 100% correct. Whether those sources are legal or illegal streams is up to the end user.

We know what they really mean though X)
Edited by: "RossD89" 20th Nov 2015
JarrodWRX

I didn't say it was illegal, but I just didn't think that Tesco would … I didn't say it was illegal, but I just didn't think that Tesco would advertise free sports, VOD and tv channels.The addons available in the kodi programme itself when downloaded from the play store, give you access to BBC channels, which I am 100% sure are not free as you require a tv license

​only if watched live, on demand is fine
I read a comment by Gearbest support that they supply Tesco. I thought it was an odd / untrue comment at the time, but maybe it wasn't!

Edited by: "Predikuesi" 20th Nov 2015
I have nothing against kodi, I have an Nvidia Shield pro with it loaded on, I just didn't think Tesco would ever sell these.
mushraf2011

wow what a price tag - amazon tv box is only £70 and stick around £30 - p … wow what a price tag - amazon tv box is only £70 and stick around £30 - ppl who buy this have more money then sense

the ppl who pay £70 for an amazon tv box also have more money than sense when you can buy an android box twice as powerful for half that and no faffing arounbd sideloading etc
Edited by: "chocci" 20th Nov 2015
violentj

​only if watched live, on demand is fine

not for much longer. On demand TV will require a TV licence too

huffingtonpost.co.uk/201…tml
LOL very ture
deleted79467
must be getting old i remember people telling me mp3s were illegal
deleted79467
chocci

the ppl who pay £70 for an amazon tv box also have more money than sense … the ppl who pay £70 for an amazon tv box also have more money than sense when you can buy an android box twice as powerful for half that and no faffing arounbd sideloading etc

paid £20 for my fire stick with a free £5 amazon voucher
chocci

not for much longer. On demand TV will require a TV licence … not for much longer. On demand TV will require a TV licence toohttp://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/07/06/bbc-iplayer-catchup-users_n_7737080.html

​thats me no longer using iplayer then.
violentj

​thats me no longer using iplayer then.

I think it will be the same for 4od, 5 on demand etc.

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants