Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Tesco offers

Posted 11th Jul 2020
I booked an offer for ale with Tesco click and collect for today. However, I went into my basket yesterday to make some changes and noticed that the offer on the ale has disappeared!

It showed the discount when I added it for click and collect at the beginning of the week and it stated that the offer was to end next week.

This is the first time that I have come across an offer being pulled early. Is this normal for Tesco?
Community Updates
Ask
35 Comments
What up muts
Can do if the offer has ended early
Not really normal of Tesco to do that there must be a problem etc
Cbear8111/07/2020 15:32

Low blood sugar probs
Cbear8111/07/2020 15:36

Don’t work on that department ha

I thought you worked in Sainsbury’s. I’d never have spoken to you if I knew you worked in Tesco
Jump_Out_Gang11/07/2020 15:39

I thought you worked in Sainsbury’s. I’d never have spoken to you if I kne …I thought you worked in Sainsbury’s. I’d never have spoken to you if I knew you worked in Tesco

Haha whatever man! Lol
If the store picking the order does not have the volume of stock, at the time of ordering, then they will remove it to avoid disappointment.
That is not the same as having substitutes, because these are made if at the time of picking, the stock has already gone.
Online shopping like this should really be done from a central warehouse, where stock can be accurately controlled. But as it is, if you order 10 bottles of beer, successfully, as the stock level is 12, were I to purchase 5 before your picker got to the aisle, you would be left out.
Cbear8111/07/2020 15:32

yeah. when you add an order and it is beyond the end date of the offer, it would state offer missed on the online order, so i know it wasn't missed when i added it.

i went into my basket yesterday to remove two items, only to find the total basket price goes up instead of down! so i checked the list and the multi buy offer on the ale had been removed

next time i will go to the shop as soon as i can, and not rely on the offer still being in place. i couldn't get a free click and collect slot any earlier than this evening, but it was well within the promotion deadline so i thought it will be fine.
Don’t check out the amendments and use the original order.
TristanDeCoonha11/07/2020 16:39

If the store picking the order does not have the volume of stock, at the …If the store picking the order does not have the volume of stock, at the time of ordering, then they will remove it to avoid disappointment.That is not the same as having substitutes, because these are made if at the time of picking, the stock has already gone.Online shopping like this should really be done from a central warehouse, where stock can be accurately controlled. But as it is, if you order 10 bottles of beer, successfully, as the stock level is 12, were I to purchase 5 before your picker got to the aisle, you would be left out.

it was buy two pack of cans and get 50p off. i am still collecting the order later today, but they have removed the 50p discount so stock is still there. i feel disappointed as they have pulled the offer earlier than advertised.
sicklysweet11/07/2020 16:46

Don’t check out the amendments and use the original order.

orders are scanned in on the day itself, so if the price of the items changes on the actual day of collection or delivery then they will charge you the higher price though.
mutley111/07/2020 16:44

yeah. when you add an order and it is beyond the end date of the offer, …yeah. when you add an order and it is beyond the end date of the offer, it would state offer missed on the online order, so i know it wasn't missed when i added it.i went into my basket yesterday to remove two items, only to find the total basket price goes up instead of down! so i checked the list and the multi buy offer on the ale had been removed next time i will go to the shop as soon as i can, and not rely on the offer still being in place. i couldn't get a free click and collect slot any earlier than this evening, but it was well within the promotion deadline so i thought it will be fine.

Maybe it’s a sign to say stop drinking haha joke haha
Cbear8111/07/2020 16:53

Maybe it’s a sign to say stop drinking haha joke haha

na, it's a sign to go to the shop ASAP when there is an offer on and stock up!

it is not for me as i am tea total it is for hubby, and telling him to stop drinking is like telling our labrador to stop eating. neither of them listens
mutley111/07/2020 16:55

na, it's a sign to go to the shop ASAP when there is an offer on and stock …na, it's a sign to go to the shop ASAP when there is an offer on and stock up! it is not for me as i am tea total it is for hubby, and telling him to stop drinking is like telling our labrador to stop eating. neither of them listens

Haha yeah my shitzu the same haha
mutley111/07/2020 16:46

it was buy two pack of cans and get 50p off. i am still collecting the …it was buy two pack of cans and get 50p off. i am still collecting the order later today, but they have removed the 50p discount so stock is still there. i feel disappointed as they have pulled the offer earlier than advertised.

(1) reject the ale when you go to collect it
(2) make a fuss with customer services showing them your order confirmation
(3) let it go and keep the ale

For 50p I’d go (3) and move on.
sicklysweet11/07/2020 17:00

(1) reject the ale when you go to collect it (2) make a fuss with …(1) reject the ale when you go to collect it (2) make a fuss with customer services showing them your order confirmation (3) let it go and keep the aleFor 50p I’d go (3) and move on.

i ordered 20 packs so the saving was £5. however, there is no point in complaining as that is the way these orders work. you pay the price on the day itself, so if the price reduces, then this would be passed to you, so works both ways.

i am surprised to see an offer pulled early as i wasn't aware this happened on grocery offers. just wanted to find out if this happens often and i just haven't come it across it before, or if this is quite unusual, to help me plan future purchase.
sicklysweet11/07/2020 17:00

(1) reject the ale when you go to collect it (2) make a fuss with …(1) reject the ale when you go to collect it (2) make a fuss with customer services showing them your order confirmation (3) let it go and keep the aleFor 50p I’d go (3) and move on.

Why do that for? Don’t you think our job hard enough without folk complaining for no reason.
Edited by: "Cbear81" 11th Jul
Cbear8111/07/2020 15:40

Haha whatever man! Lol

Look, I’ve thought it over & if you’re the girl with the discount stickers then we can let the whole sub standard brand thing go & it’s still on
Jump_Out_Gang11/07/2020 17:57

Look, I’ve thought it over & if you’re the girl with the discount stickers …Look, I’ve thought it over & if you’re the girl with the discount stickers then we can let the whole sub standard brand thing go & it’s still on

Haha unfortunately I’d get the sack
Jump_Out_Gang11/07/2020 18:45

My inner child’s sack jokes

Hmm haha it had the flirt sign on the comment though
Cbear8111/07/2020 18:46

Hmm haha it had the flirt sign on the comment though

Flirty sack joke!?
Cbear8111/07/2020 18:56

Pretty sad jokes haha more like :/

Let’s see you do better
Edited by: "Jump_Out_Gang" 11th Jul
Jump_Out_Gang11/07/2020 19:04

Let’s see you do better

I don’t do jokes lol as I know they are rubbish anyhow ha
Cbear8111/07/2020 19:05

I don’t do jokes lol as I know they are rubbish anyhow ha

You’re just grumpy cos you’re fasting
Jump_Out_Gang11/07/2020 19:09

Haha I don’t get grumpy I’m fine
Cbear8111/07/2020 17:11

Why do that for? Don’t you think our job hard enough without folk c …Why do that for? Don’t you think our job hard enough without folk complaining for no reason.

I wouldn’t. But I was just pointing out Mutters’ options and hoping that one would be chosen and we can all move on
Jump_Out_Gang11/07/2020 19:09

Prob the most helpful outgoing Tesco employee haha you can meet
sicklysweet11/07/2020 19:22

I wouldn’t. But I was just pointing out Mutters’ options and hoping that on …I wouldn’t. But I was just pointing out Mutters’ options and hoping that one would be chosen and we can all move on

I agree lol think it’s more jumpman80 lol
mutley111/07/2020 16:46

it was buy two pack of cans and get 50p off. i am still collecting the …it was buy two pack of cans and get 50p off. i am still collecting the order later today, but they have removed the 50p discount so stock is still there. i feel disappointed as they have pulled the offer earlier than advertised.

Ffs 50p! Seriously?
chocci13/07/2020 07:03

Ffs 50p! Seriously?

you have not read throught the posts! It is £5 discount as I ordered 20 packs.
Post a comment
@
    Text