Groups

Tesco Opticians

For my last eye test I went to Boots (about 3 years ago) and it cost me quite a bit for varifocals which I could never get used to and ended up just using glasses from the Pound shop for reading.
    So this time I hought I'd try Tesco Opticians as the test was free and the glasses are cheap.
    Went on Tuesday 8th July. Had a very thorough test. Patient, friendly and helpful staff. I chose frames for £20 for reading and £20 for distance. Decided to get some prescription sunglasses for £35. Not bad prices and they've just rang to say they're ready to pick up. Very quick & good service. I just wanted to pass on a little praise for Tesco. I and nobody I know works at Tesco.

5 Comments

Banned

Is there no part of the high street that Tesco wont destroy?

I and my wife have bought glasses from Tesco, but we have found that they are poorly made. The cheap end ones don't last long, but a £10 I can't complain. We did complain when our £60 and £70 glasses developed faults. Mine keeps popping one of the lenses by themselves. I never had any problems with my previous opticians (Specsavers), so might choose them next time I need glasses.

Original Poster

Predikuesi

I and my wife have bought glasses from Tesco, but we have found that they … I and my wife have bought glasses from Tesco, but we have found that they are poorly made. The cheap end ones don't last long, but a £10 I can't complain. We did complain when our £60 and £70 glasses developed faults. Mine keeps popping one of the lenses by themselves. I never had any problems with my previous opticians (Specsavers), so might choose them next time I need glasses.

Well here's hoping mine are ok The varifocals that I paid quite a lot for at Boots, popped the lens 2 days after I got them. Was in Ikea and the lens typically went right under the shelf, I had to lie on the floor stretched out to retrieve it.

Asda Opticians seem to have good reviews and a lot of people prefer the glasses from Asda than Tesco.

patti

Asda Opticians seem to have good reviews and a lot of people prefer the … Asda Opticians seem to have good reviews and a lot of people prefer the glasses from Asda than Tesco.

Would agree with above, have been to Asda for last 2 eye tests & glasses & have been very happy. Free anti scratch & anti glare coatings on all lenses. Frames aren't the cheapest though!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2226
      2. ** Motorola Moto X Force | Owners Club **32204
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …84142
      4. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043

See more discussions