Found 2nd Feb 2008
I've been using Tesco online shopping for a few months. They have a facility wherein if something you have ordered isn't in stock, they will send out something similar, charge you for it, even if it is grossly more expensive, and if you don't want it you tell them so and they refund the price a few days later. Now I haven't a problem with this procedure, it can sometimes be quite helpful. I have had cause to send stuff back around 4 or 5 times, the first time I looked for the refund on my bank statement just to make sure, all was fine. A few weeks ago however, just per chance I was browsing my statement and noticed that I hadn't received a refund for a 5 pound item that I had rejected around 2 weeks previous. I was a bit annoyed and quite concerned that it might not have been the first time I had sent something back and had not been refunded, I don't tend to keep my receipts for long so I can no longer cross-reference these with my bank statement. Moreover I'm a student so that 5 pounds is going to hit me at some point as I budget for everything.

I let Tescos know, and they were rather blase about it all, even though Had I not flagged the mistake up they would have been +£5. I got an email back along the lines of hah - that's inconvenient, check your balance again in a couple of days or something. Would I was really looking for was a, yer that's pretty bad, we're really sorry, we don't want to lose you as a customer, here's your money back and a £5 voucher.
My question is; was it unreasonable to expect this? On the basis that they seem to issue vouchers for general use for that amount and more on a regular basis, I didn't think so, others have disagreed though, just wanted to know what you guys think.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
12 Comments

Last time I waited nearly 28 days for a refund, and I got no such apology either. I called them 3 times and got the response of it may take upto 1 month for us to refund.

Well all i can suggest is.. If you feel it unreasonable enough to write on here with your problem. why do you not write or phone head office or whoever dealt with your initial complaint and tell them your not satisfied. More than likely you will receive something a bit extra but dont hold me to that one.

Banned

That happened to us earlier and we had to call them to get £23 refunded, which should be in our account in a few days but I do recommend that everyone checks there refunds carefully just incase.

Moreover I'm a student so that 5 pounds is going to hit me at some point … Moreover I'm a student so that 5 pounds is going to hit me at some point as I budget for everything

to be fair if you budget so well you should be checking you bank statements with the same principles. If you had the exact details for them they would have checked the system and sent the refunds again if needed

Original Poster

dmissy13;1534903

to be fair if you budget so well you should be checking you bank … to be fair if you budget so well you should be checking you bank statements with the same principles. If you had the exact details for them they would have checked the system and sent the refunds again if needed

I don't see how omitting the consider Tesco committing fraud makes me a bad budgetter. I should be able to take their word on a refund that have had me sign for. But thanks for the valid input all the same, concise and very much to the point.

Banned

I always find the best option is to accept the changed item from the driver, then call the centre to ask for a refund as you didn't realise the item had been changed. They usually refund the full amount, or a large part of it, and let you keep the item. Bonus

I'm afraid when you contact these call centres, the results you get are very much dependant on the person you speak to.
I read on another site that someone was using the Tesco delivery service and was returning substituted items on a weekly basis - they then got an email from tesco stating they would not process anymore of their orders as they are unable to meet this persons expected high standards!

I've never had a problem with refunds from Tesco Groceries or from Tesco Direct.The problems I've had is on the last 2 occasions I've ordered,i've had wrong items. Just before Xmas,I had an order in and 2 items were missing and I receeive some shower curtain hoops instead of a Ratatouille board game. The hoops went back,and they have to refund the board game and then recharge.
Last time I ordered,I was meant to receive some Disney Cars bedding and received a pyrex dish.They refunded the bedding and had to recharge for it again,however when the courier came and delivered the correct bedding,he failed to take the pyrex dish.He said he was new to round and was either doing collections or deliveries.So yeh I got a free Pyrex dish worth £2,which handy to make Paxo in lol.

I never had a problem with the refunds. Each time i have called them for something i get an email response straight away and the money goes straight back onto my card. I am having a problem with the codes though. None work:)

marshallka;1535757

I never had a problem with the refunds. Each time i have called them for … I never had a problem with the refunds. Each time i have called them for something i get an email response straight away and the money goes straight back onto my card. I am having a problem with the codes though. None work:)

Thats cos the they cracking down on codes.I'll be using Sainsburys more now,cos its£2.50 for delivery on Tues,Wed and Thurs when you spend £70 or more.

Banned

this isnt really aimed at the op but years ago an appology was enough, now all we ever want is more, more, more, We are becoming like the americans, compensation, compensation, compensation

this isnt really aimed at the op but years ago an appology was enough, … this isnt really aimed at the op but years ago an appology was enough, now all we ever want is more, more, more, We are becoming like the americans, compensation, compensation, compensation

I couldn't agree more and when companies do give out the sweetners it just bumps the price of products up for the rest of us
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread427914645
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769427
    3. What do you see?3037
    4. Add one, leave one game54415433

See more discussions