Groups
    EXPIRED

tesco overcharge

ive just got back from tesco and noticed they have overcharged me on a few things,
    im sure i read on here oneday that tesco give you double the difference back is that true?
    thanks in advance for any help

19 Comments

yeye:p

No - they used to have a policy where they refunded you & you kept the product but like all good things that stopped. They will just give you the correct refund - sorry.

darren9030;5082275

No - they used to have a policy where they refunded you & you kept the … No - they used to have a policy where they refunded you & you kept the product but like all good things that stopped. They will just give you the correct refund - sorry.

i work in tescos m8 and we give double th difference back:thumbsup:

thye do still do dtd as i got it yesterday but i think seen as you have left the store and gone home its a little late

might depend on the store though..

cribert;5082284

i work in tescos m8 and we give double th difference back:thumbsup:

the ******s didn't give me double the last twice they overcharged me. Must be a regional thing then :x:x:x

Not that i'm bitter :whistling:

Original Poster

dam well need to go back at weekend so will give it a try,might even give em a buzz
    thanks guys xx

japsapa;5082346

dam well need to go back at weekend so will give it a try,might even give … dam well need to go back at weekend so will give it a try,might even give em a buzz thanks guys xx

Good luck - now you see why i use sainsbury's :thumbsup:

jamespir;5082285

thye do still do dtd as i got it yesterday but i think seen as you have … thye do still do dtd as i got it yesterday but i think seen as you have left the store and gone home its a little late

it doesn't matter that you've gone home as if you've been overcharged they will give you double the difference back :thumbsup:
    i need to go back in ther tomorrow as i bought my son a jacket yesterday & didn't get the 20% off

i was beind someone at customer services yesterday and they gave the product and double the difference

Original Poster

ive just called them up and they said not a problem just bring it back and they will refund double the difference so just got a large pyrex bowl for nothing wooo hoo

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"][SIZE="5"]its true, my friend was overcharged on a dinner set and they refunded double the difference which was £11 - doubled. she basically got it for free.
    Hence to say they amended on the shelf pretty quickly![/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR]

bovysbabe;5092880

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"][SIZE="5"]its true, my friend was overcharged on a … [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"][SIZE="5"]its true, my friend was overcharged on a dinner set and they refunded double the difference which was £11 - doubled. she basically got it for free.Hence to say they amended on the shelf pretty quickly![/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR]

as soon as someone queries a overcharge the customer service assistant SHOULD get the label and take it off the shelf.

I once bought two frozen pizzas on bogof, found I was charged for both. Customer service will ask stupid questions as if its your fault like `are you sure you read the sign properly` and `could you have picked up the wrong product` to which I said `Im the customer challenging whats on my receipt, you are the Tesco employee, you go and find out`! eventually got DTD, effectively getting the pizzas for free. The next time the offer was on exactly the same thing happened, so before I went to customer services I bought a further 8 pizzas, eventually getting the lot for nothing. Bought some beer with the money I saved and invited the lads round for the the footy with lots of pizza!

cookofthenorth

I once bought two frozen pizzas on bogof, found I was charged for both. … I once bought two frozen pizzas on bogof, found I was charged for both. Customer service will ask stupid questions as if its your fault like `are you sure you read the sign properly` and `could you have picked up the wrong product` to which I said `Im the customer challenging whats on my receipt, you are the Tesco employee, you go and find out`! eventually got DTD, effectively getting the pizzas for free. The next time the offer was on exactly the same thing happened, so before I went to customer services I bought a further 8 pizzas, eventually getting the lot for nothing. Bought some beer with the money I saved and invited the lads round for the the footy with lots of pizza!

That was almost believable until you said you had mates.

darren9030

the ******s didn't give me double the last twice they overcharged me. … the ******s didn't give me double the last twice they overcharged me. Must be a regional thing then :x:x:xNot that i'm bitter :whistling:

DTD is national but you have to ask for it in my experience

Pfft. That's not much of an overcharge
    Asda do much better

london24.com/ent…519

Ah, Thank god for the Daily Mail.
    Its picked up the story and exposed an even bigger overcharge ....

dailymail.co.uk/new…tml

£400 for a loaf of bread oO

chocci

DTD is national but you have to ask for it in my experience

Crikey that was 5 years ago that i wrote what you just replied to. No wander i was baffled when i looked at my notifications X)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!543735
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767113
      3. word association Game73844442
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423114449

See more discussions