Tesco overcharged, whats there policy???

Found 29th Feb 2012
I brought some butter today and it was £1:80 but one get one free, i just checked mt receipt and the bog off offer as not gone through so i have been charged twice once for each tub, if i go into store will i just get £1:80 back or do they do they give you double what you been overcharged by back like some places do????.
Community Updates
MiscCharger
37 Comments
Double the difference back, easy £3.60 for you.

Yep double the diff is coming your way
Yep. I love it when their BOGOF offers go awry.
http://i40.tinypic.com/mrr1bd.jpg
THEIR
Actually, the IT does not make a mistake.

So either they have forgotten to take the BOGOF label off the shelf edge.

Or (More likely) you have picked up the wrong items, and they are not actually BOGOF (In that case I would charge you for wasting staff time)..

Good Luck.
Check the shelf before you go to customer services. If it is labeled wrong you should get double the difference but some stores will just give you the amount you've been overcharged........
Banned
i got double the difference back on three pasta sauces of £1.50...I was over charged 50p , I walked out with £3 in my pocket and the pasta sauces I felt like I had just shop lifted
I bought my daughter a jumper and jeans and the cashier put the jumper through twice.Went to Customer Serviices and they gave me double the difference,so cost me £2 in the end instead of £28
Picked up Battle Field 3 on release day, some one put a £15 sticker on it (on the game inside the clear plastic security case) I knew the price was wrong so got it anyway for £40 and went to customer services to collect my £50.
where did you bring it?
Banned
teh arn

Picked up Battle Field 3 on release day, some one put a £15 sticker on it … Picked up Battle Field 3 on release day, some one put a £15 sticker on it (on the game inside the clear plastic security case) I knew the price was wrong so got it anyway for £40 and went to customer services to collect my £50.

thought there was a limit of £25?

edit: oh it was £20 for their ASDA price promise...sure they put a limit in place for double the difference though.

Edited by: "lumoruk" 1st Mar 2012
Banned
£1.80 for some butter! No wonder its BOGOF as that brings it back to a good price.
Surely if you were overcharged 50p lumor then double the difference is £1
Ah 50p EACH sauce, my bad.
Too early
lumoruk

thought there was a limit of £25?edit: oh it was £20 for their ASDA price … thought there was a limit of £25?edit: oh it was £20 for their ASDA price promise...sure they put a limit in place for double the difference though.

Not that i know of, just says double the difference.

I was once charged for a box of 12 krispy creme doughnuts instead of just one single one, ended up getting about £25 back.
Might be different for different stores though?
I know there was a huge problem with xbox 360's going through at full price instead of being on offer once and they lost hundreds of thousands of pounds so changed some policies
Went to Tesco Inches, Inverness. Charged £2.15 for an 88p item. The bombastic assistant never apologised. Picked up a calculator to wortk out the difference and then threw £1.27 into my hand. I mentioned the Double the Difference scheme. She insisted the policy no longer is in operation. "Finished ages ago" she added.
It not the money but the principle.
Different stores have different policies, it's now at the discretion of the customer services assistant/manager.
Depends what they've been told
Does anyone know what happens here??!!

My husband went to Tesco garage and went to pay for £60 diesel, gave card and was told it hadn't been accepted...no reason why not as there was def money in account, so had to pay by another card.
When checked banks they had taken the £60 out of both accounts.
Have contacted and they are looking in to this but do they have to only refund the £60 or do we get double that back as their error and policy?
Banned
Don't be so f-ing stupid.
Banned
mummyoftwins

Does anyone know what happens here??!!My husband went to Tesco garage and … Does anyone know what happens here??!!My husband went to Tesco garage and went to pay for £60 diesel, gave card and was told it hadn't been accepted...no reason why not as there was def money in account, so had to pay by another card.When checked banks they had taken the £60 out of both accounts.Have contacted and they are looking in to this but do they have to only refund the £60 or do we get double that back as their error and policy?

They will refund you £4,659 for it.
Tescos cocal cola on offer.
£3 for 8 =37p
or
£4 for 12 =33p

Iceland 6 for £1.50p
=25p

Every little helps.?
used vouchers to get a suitcase the £82 did not come off the wrong one was scanned whoops got £164 back i knew the policy and did give the till cashier to rectify it. I went to customer services and said you cannot just do it on small items, they upheld it Kathy
Iv just got over charged 13 for a case of beer she put it frew twice went custermer service got 26 pound bk pluse my beer happy days
Banned
beakyboy

Iv just got over charged 13 for a case of beer she put it frew twice went … Iv just got over charged 13 for a case of beer she put it frew twice went custermer service got 26 pound bk pluse my beer happy days

^^^^ looks like you have started on the beer already! oO
Just come back from my Tesco shop. And boy am I angry. Not that they charged me twice for the one item. Not that I had to queue 15mins at customer services (very busy New Years Eve shopping time). But angry because I had to ask FIVE times, remind them of their policy, that when they make a mistake at the till, double the amount is refunded. Always expect them not to offer the double amount, have always had to ask for it, but to be ignored, smiled at sympathetically, and finally "I will have to ask the manager" - of course they know the policy. It's displayed at the desk. under 'if things don't add up'. Well it used to be in this store, nice and big for all to see. Now its compressed to an A4 sheet tucked around the corner in the smallest of print. I try not to use Tesco but this one is within walking distance, sadly.
Nice bump on a six month old thread
greenmachine12

Nice bump on a six month old thread

why does it matter if old threads are used rather than starting a new one on a similar topic?
Banned
bought not brought.
1954DollisDolly

Just come back from my Tesco shop. And boy am I angry. Not that they … Just come back from my Tesco shop. And boy am I angry. Not that they charged me twice for the one item. Not that I had to queue 15mins at customer services (very busy New Years Eve shopping time). But angry because I had to ask FIVE times, remind them of their policy, that when they make a mistake at the till, double the amount is refunded. Always expect them not to offer the double amount, have always had to ask for it, but to be ignored, smiled at sympathetically, and finally "I will have to ask the manager" - of course they know the policy. It's displayed at the desk. under 'if things don't add up'. Well it used to be in this store, nice and big for all to see. Now its compressed to an A4 sheet tucked around the corner in the smallest of print. I try not to use Tesco but this one is within walking distance, sadly.

thanks for that, am just heading back as I was over charged last night, albeit we ate the product, have empty package to prove!
vlj

bought not brought.

http://troll.me/images/the-rock/bring-it-oh-its-been-brought.jpg
I bought a steam mop that was scanned twice at checkout . am I entitled to double the price back .only received refund for one thought I was entitled to two times .making item free or has refund procedure changed ,,,,,used to work on c.s.d at tesco
angieeb

I bought a steam mop that was scanned twice at checkout . am I entitled … I bought a steam mop that was scanned twice at checkout . am I entitled to double the price back .only received refund for one thought I was entitled to two times .making item free or has refund procedure changed ,,,,,used to work on c.s.d at tesco

If you used to work on the desk, surely you know where to look to see their refund policies...
teh arn

Different stores have different policies, it's now at the discretion of … Different stores have different policies, it's now at the discretion of the customer services assistant/manager.Depends what they've been told

Unfortunately this seems to be the case.

It should be unified across all branches.
Banned
You're not entitled to double back for it being scanned twice in error. The double the difference policy is for pricing errors.

And as I said previously ITT (over a year ago most likely)

Don't be so f-ing stupid
I have recently ordered a tablet from tescodirect.com, they overcharged me by £30, should I be entitled to £60 back or does double the difference back policy only apply in store?...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions