Groups

Tesco price difference refund?

Hi, I bought a Kindle yesterday at my local Tesco for £59 and overnight they've (and many other retailers) dropped to £49. Will Tesco refund this difference? Or, if not, could I return the item and rebuy, bearing in mind I've already opened and 'logged in' on the Kindle. I'm guessing I could factory reset it?
    Many thanks in advance
    Steve

11 Comments

Email them and ask. I once did this for some toys I bought that were reduced a week later, they refunded me the difference. It's worth a try.

Yes, email them.

shopperpoints.co.uk/201…re/

have a read of this as this may help ya. It does work as I did it in December. I'm unsure if its just online. if it don't work try this. buy another one at the new price at £49. then return it with the £59 receipt. then you are £10 up.
    hope this helps.

buy a new one and return it as unopened for old price?

...or you can not muck everybody about and just email them as already suggested and get a refund of the difference!

Original Poster

cdm22

...or you can not muck everybody about and just email them as already … ...or you can not muck everybody about and just email them as already suggested and get a refund of the difference!

Not sure who I'm 'mucking around' by asking a question on an Ask forum? As suggested, I've emailed Tesco to enquire.

Yes they will - just ring their customer service and they will do it there and then - I've had it done. They hav 28 or 30 day policy for refunding the difference.

SteveSteveSteveSteveSteve

Not sure who I'm 'mucking around' by asking a question on an Ask forum? … Not sure who I'm 'mucking around' by asking a question on an Ask forum? As suggested, I've emailed Tesco to enquire.

It was meant for the two people suggesting reordering and returning another when there are far simpler ways

Original Poster

cdm22

It was meant for the two people suggesting reordering and returning … It was meant for the two people suggesting reordering and returning another when there are far simpler ways

Fingers crossed Tesco can see sense

I'm usually very good with names,but I'll be damned if I have forgotten yours ... X)

Original Poster

Tesco emailed me and advised that there was no standard policy in place but they would send me a gift card for the difference. Received it yesterday!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk88
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card44
      3. WIN AN UNFORGETTABLE TRIP TO SAN FRANCISCO11
      4. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22

See more discussions