Tesco Price Reductions on Appliances Thread

27 replies
Found 18th Jan
Many of us bought electrical appliances from Tesco today during the time the prices were drastically low. Thought it be best to have discussion here as compared to separately in each thread, whether anyone's orders are honoured or not?

Just thought it be helpful for everyone to have all queries and information in 1 place rather than separate threads.

27 Comments

Had put two items in basket, went to pay and basket total changed from reduced to "proper" price - good-luck to those who got in early

ordered the cream cooker @249 fingers crossed you gotta be in it to win it

Original Poster

I got the samsung washing machine for 249, exactly what the wife wanted and has been constantly mentioning it, i hope it comes through...the cookers and fridges were insane deals

I ordered the Samsung washer, my washer I've got at moment is almost 5 years old so time for a new one, hoping it is honoured. I saw the range cooker, I'd have had one those too if had space,however the cooker I've got now is really nice so that def been buying for sake of it.
Personally don't think us folk will get their orders.

Time will tell guys. I hope it's honoured but they've done this before and cancelled orders :-(

I didn't spot this in time but I reeeeaaly wish I had! Anyway just wanted to say fingers crossed you all get your orders honoured

Original Poster

Well got an email from tesco they are refunding me:

We work hard to make sure we have no problems with our deliveries, but in this case,we got it wrong.

The items affected are:
Samsung WW80K5413UW/EU AddWash Washing Machine with 8kg Load and Ecobubble - White Samsung WW80K5413UW/EU AddWash Washing Machine with 8kg Load and Ecobubble - White_White

1 £249.00

The total refund value will be £249.00

We have credited £249.00 to your payment card. We've already started to process your refund but please bear in mind it usually takes 3-5 business days for any payment to appear in your account.

I,ve just had an email from Hotpoint asking which day I would like my appliance delivered, so fingers crossed it arrives on Tuesday.

Mines getting delivered Friday

I've got my email from hotpoint too. I think it can still be cancelled though but fingers crossed

Banned

any chance of posting the original thread?

Banned

Dhiraj1

Well got an email from tesco they are refunding me:We work hard to make … Well got an email from tesco they are refunding me:We work hard to make sure we have no problems with our deliveries, but in this case,we got it wrong.The items affected are:Samsung WW80K5413UW/EU AddWash Washing Machine with 8kg Load and Ecobubble - White Samsung WW80K5413UW/EU AddWash Washing Machine with 8kg Load and Ecobubble - White_White 1 £249.00The total refund value will be £249.00We have credited £249.00 to your payment card. We've already started to process your refund but please bear in mind it usually takes 3-5 business days for any payment to appear in your account.

​poor you op.

normally it is the manufacturer who delivers big items, hoover delivered mine from very.

Just got email whirlpool saying delivery tues for cooker, fingers crossed!

Welcome to Hotpoint Logistics
We will be delivering your order on behalf of your retailer.
Please check your order details carefully, if they are not correct please “Contact us”Check order
information here 
 ORDER SUMMARY Hotpoint Cannon Gas Range Cooker Cream

japes

Welcome to Hotpoint LogisticsWe will be delivering your order on behalf … Welcome to Hotpoint LogisticsWe will be delivering your order on behalf of your retailer.Please check your order details carefully, if they are not correct please “Contact us”Check orderinformation here  ORDER SUMMARY Hotpoint Cannon Gas Range Cooker Cream

​same as, delivery set for tuesday

fingers crossed

Ordered a Hotpoint oven from them and I've had a delivery booking email and delivery confirmation.

Not getting my hopes up, but it'd be a great win if it comes through.

i expect tesco to be ringing hotpoint to cancel orders

as you place the order on tesco which automatically goes through to the supplier .which offers you a delivery date .until hotpoint are told that there was a misprice they will be none the wiser

I ordered one of the Samsung washing machines. I don't really expect it to actually come through at that price, but I'd be delighted if it did as our current one is broken and refuses to finish a wash. Maybe I should have gone for the Hotpoint instead as that does seem to be being delivered but we've had such awful luck with Hotpoint appliances (tumble dryer, dishwasher and now a washing machine) always dying just after the 2 year guarantee expires we swore never to buy anything from them again - however now I'm thinking a cheap Hotpoint would have been better than no washing machine at all, which is what we currently have!
Edited by: "razorwire" 19th Jan

razorwire

I ordered one of the Samsung washing machines. I don't really expect it … I ordered one of the Samsung washing machines. I don't really expect it to actually come through at that price, but I'd be delighted if it did as our current one is broken and refuses to finish a wash. Maybe I should have gone for the Hotpoint instead as that does seem to be being delivered but we've had such awful luck with Hotpoint appliances (tumble dryer, dishwasher and now a washing machine) always dying just after the 2 year guarantee expires we swore never to buy anything from them again - however now I'm thinking a cheap Hotpoint would have been better than no washing machine at all, which is what we currently have!

​Just in case your new washer doesn't arrive, your broken one not finishing the cycle sounds like the waste pipe is blocked - if it can't pump out the water quick enough it stops. Try cleaning the waste pipes and clean the filter at the front (usually a small flap at the bottom on front)

japes

​Just in case your new washer doesn't arrive, your broken one not f … ​Just in case your new washer doesn't arrive, your broken one not finishing the cycle sounds like the waste pipe is blocked - if it can't pump out the water quick enough it stops. Try cleaning the waste pipes and clean the filter at the front (usually a small flap at the bottom on front)

Top man. I'm not the person with the issue, but it's nice to see the original spirit of HUKD is alive. Genuinely nice people helping others.

Washer I ordered cancelled, well worth a try. I'll stretch out the use of my old appliance,almost had it 5 years now.

my hotpoint oven order was just cancelled. was worth a try!

Just had the cooker order cancelled. Not surprised but did get my hopes up when had the delivery notification. Oh well, will keep looking for the next glitch

japes

​Just in case your new washer doesn't arrive, your broken one not f … ​Just in case your new washer doesn't arrive, your broken one not finishing the cycle sounds like the waste pipe is blocked - if it can't pump out the water quick enough it stops. Try cleaning the waste pipes and clean the filter at the front (usually a small flap at the bottom on front)

Thanks Japes but had already checked both of those and they are clear. It doesn't actually stop, just gets stuck on the first part of the cycle filling and draining the water forever (we discovered it had been running for about 16 hours, with both me and my wife thinking the other had put a new load in!). I've been told it's either the logic board or possibly the thermostat by an engineer, but repair isn't particularly economical.

Anyway, order cancelled so I'll just have to keep an eye out for another bargain.

my order has gone through to hotpoint but tesco just cancelled it

Original Poster

Seems like no one has passed under the radar of cancellations of tesco this time... What a shame

Well I had the cancellation email but also had a phone call after with a recorded message saying it would be delivered tomorrow afternoon. Fingers crossed it turns up but not expecting it too.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Netflix Family - Anyone got any places going?23
    2. Mobile phone advice11
    3. dakine backpacks22
    4. Home CCTV system advice.33

See more discussions