Groups

Tesco price variations

Was in Tesco's the other day discussing the miserly discounts for food close to sell by & gardening products, only to be told by the guy on the checkout that it's because it's left in large part to the store management which is why we see the wild goose chases posted here.
    He then went on to claim that it's not just the deals which are store specific, the only time store prices are the same is on price advertised products. He'd visited one store where there was little competition and in am affluent area, only to find his weekly shop had cost around 20% more than usual !

It seems that not only are the deals prices variable, but ALL prices in Tesco are store dependent, and that some stores are dearer / cheaper, than others !

7 Comments

Cool story, but what's the question?

http://www.nastyhobbit.org/data/media/2/wow_interesting.jpg

Completely wrong. Stuck on labels to the product are store specific price. Labels printed on the shelf are company set and the same in every shop. The only time this differs is between express shops and larger shops

the guy on the checkout was talking out his backside. Prices are national.

Prices are not national if I shop in a big tesco in Plymouth then go to callington tesco my shopping is dearer on some items , n this is due to the area as I have questioned this with them and also boots do the same as well my local saltash store is dearer on some products then the one in drake circus which is massive !

12Mummysaltash

Prices are not national if I shop in a big tesco in Plymouth then go to … Prices are not national if I shop in a big tesco in Plymouth then go to callington tesco my shopping is dearer on some items , n this is due to the area as I have questioned this with them and also boots do the same as well my local saltash store is dearer on some products then the one in drake circus which is massive !

so you have bought the same items in two stores on the same day? Prices can change daily NATIONALLY!

12Mummysaltash

Prices are not national if I shop in a big tesco in Plymouth then go to … Prices are not national if I shop in a big tesco in Plymouth then go to callington tesco my shopping is dearer on some items , n this is due to the area as I have questioned this with them and also boots do the same as well my local saltash store is dearer on some products then the one in drake circus which is massive !

If that was the case, they couldn't justifiably display ANY prices online.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Spotify Family Premium share59
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767221
      3. Martin Lewis explains your Ryanair cancellation rights.56
      4. Nectar launch eGift card redemption for selected brands including Currys, A…33

See more discussions