Groups

Tesco rant...

Why oh why oh why do people find the need to add apostrophe s to the end of Tesco?

If you've been to Asda, you don't say Asda's.
    If you've been to Aldi, you don't say Aldi's.
    If you've been to Lidl, you don't say Lidl's.

So why is it that for some people; Tesco becomes Tesco's?

Sure, there's "Sainsbury's" which is their trademarked name after Mr J Sainsbury, the same can be attributed to Morrisson's, but they're named after their founder, unlike Tesco.

/end rant

44 Comments

that's quite' a' pointless' rant' don't you' think'?'''

'

'''

'

also...... isn't there a guy called Mr Dave Asda?

Original Poster

point remains the same though doesn't it; it's not Asda's...

and yes, the rant is pointless - but you still replied :P

thats a measure of how bored I am at work's :lol:

Original Poster

hahaha ditto!!

Banned

Cant say I have noticed anyone put tesco's.

Banned

:?

I add the 's wherever I go.

That is actually one thing that annoys me too!!! :-)

Prissymiss;2538664

:?I add the 's wherever I go.

MinstrelMan's house? :thumbsup:

whats annoyt me is the people who have usernames where numbers replace letters :roll: :lol:

Because it ends in O.

Banned

jellybaby22;2538653

Im guilty....I say Asda's and Tesco's and I will apologise if it causes … Im guilty....I say Asda's and Tesco's and I will apologise if it causes you soo much stress:giggle:

No need to apologise, it's the norm.

When you go round someone house you don't say I've been to Paul, you say I've been to Paul's'.

Banned

MinstrelMan;2538669

MinstrelMan's house? :thumbsup:whats annoyt me is the people who have … MinstrelMan's house? :thumbsup:whats annoyt me is the people who have usernames where numbers replace letters :roll: :lol:

I enter my new post and then read this, uncanny:-D

Banned

MinstrelMan;2538669

whats annoyt me is the people who have usernames where numbers replace … whats annoyt me is the people who have usernames where numbers replace letters :roll: :lol:

Yep, start a new campaign:w00t:

Original Poster

The-Dude;2538662

Join us:http://www.apostrophe.fsnet.co.uk/index.htm

i'm home...

:-D

Because its a supermarket that belongs to the tesco empire it is therefore a Tesco's store,

Prissymiss;2538681

No need to apologise, it's the norm.When you go round someone house you … No need to apologise, it's the norm.When you go round someone house you don't say I've been to Paul, you say I've been to Paul's'.

coincidence that the admins name is paul....... no wonder you get more rights than everyone else on this forum (now theres a rumor we can start :lol: )

same difference

i say TESCO not TESCOS

The-Dude;2538662

Join us:http://www.apostrophe.fsnet.co.uk/index.htm

:lol: its like those videos you used to watch in primary school about "magic e" how to turn shin into shine with magic eeeeee.

"magic e" can be so misconstrude these days :roll:

MinstrelMan;2538669

MinstrelMan's house? :thumbsup:whats annoyt me is the people who have … MinstrelMan's house? :thumbsup:whats annoyt me is the people who have usernames where numbers replace letters :roll: :lol:

Or put capital letters throughout their name...:stocking:

Banned

MinstrelMan;2538731

coincidence that the admins name is paul....... no wonder you get more … coincidence that the admins name is paul....... no wonder you get more rights than everyone else on this forum (now theres a rumor we can start :lol: )

No, I was just expecting a delivery and most of my goods are delivered by someone called Paul:whistling:

Banned

Havince;2538737

i say TESCO not TESCOS

Weirdo;-)

Banned

MinstrelMan;2538731

(now theres a rumor we can start :lol: )

I can handle it:whistling:

Original Poster

harlzter;2538727

Because its a supermarket that belongs to the tesco empire it is … Because its a supermarket that belongs to the tesco empire it is therefore a Tesco's store,

Ah right okay, i understand now.

Hence why we go to PC World's, Empire Direct's, Burger King's, Carphone Warehouse's...

MinstrelMan;2538731

coincidence that the admins name is paul....... no wonder you get more … coincidence that the admins name is paul....... no wonder you get more rights than everyone else on this forum (now theres a rumor we can start :lol: )

You missed the apostrophe out of admins.
    It should be admin's.
    :thumbsup:

Bring back finger mouse. That light up pencil used to freak me out as a kid.

Banned

The-Dude;2538773

Bring back finger mouse. That light up pencil used to freak me out as a … Bring back finger mouse. That light up pencil used to freak me out as a kid.

Not as much as the guy with his finger in him:w00t:

Original Poster

The-Dude;2538773

Bring back finger mouse. That light up pencil used to freak me out as a … Bring back finger mouse. That light up pencil used to freak me out as a kid.

:-D

Although it would appear we belong to a dying breed of people that watched it!

The-Dude;2538752

Or put capital letters throughout their name...:stocking:

I already signed up here as Minstrel_Man but forgot my login credentials , so it was a way to keep it looking similar under the new user...... so ner

Prissymiss;2538788

Not as much as the guy with his finger in him:w00t:

Teaching us grammer, the english language and how to love mice.

MinstrelMan;2538803

I already signed up here as Minstrel_Man but forgot my login credentials … I already signed up here as Minstrel_Man but forgot my login credentials , so it was a way to keep it looking similar under the new user...... so ner

It may still be Minstrel_Man's or Minstrel_Mans:whistling:

Original Poster

MinstrelMan;2538803

I already signed up here as Minstrel_Man but forgot my login credentials … I already signed up here as Minstrel_Man but forgot my login credentials , so it was a way to keep it looking similar under the new user...... so ner

Somebody already registered as 'hodgy' which is why I had to settle for an 0 instead of an o

If all you have to worry about in life h0dgy's (oops sorry h0dgy lol ) is " 's " then can I have your life lol

Original Poster

alfie73;2538831

If all you have to worry about in life h0dgy's (oops sorry h0dgy lol ) … If all you have to worry about in life h0dgy's (oops sorry h0dgy lol ) is " 's " then can I have your life lol

teehee

Tesco's supermarket's sell's produce's for day's, week's and month's, and sometime's there's special's too for us shopper's to buy!

two tesco's rants in two day's? :lol:

What about people who say thay like Cadbury's flakes when it is Cadbury flakes? MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Tesco is named after the founders wife. Tesco was founded by Jack Cohen but he named it after his wife [COLOR="Red"]Tes[/COLOR]s [COLOR="Red"]Co[/COLOR]hen

Sorry for being pedantic here with regards to the original poster..may I add my two pennies worth and state it is actually Morrisons with one S not two
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tooth extraction66
      2. Decent Mp3 Player?33
      3. Box Nation44
      4. iPhone x66

See more discussions