Found 29th Oct 2016
I've recieved a ps4, didn't turn on. I phoned up customer services who arranged a replacement. I've got the new ps4 but they didn't pick up my other one. What can Tesco do?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
17 Comments

Call Tesco and ask them to arrange to pick up the PS4 at a time and date that suits you best.

What can they do? Legally you mean? From the tone of your question I get the impression you're asking if you can get away with keeping the faulty one too?

Some retailers will charge for a replacement if the original isn't returned within a certain period.

they did the same to me with a tablet 2 years ago . i had it all ready packaged with return info etc... its still sat in the return box now ( was useless to me as it didn't work)

Banned

keep waiting and see what happens.
Dell did same , since April they sent a replacement but not asked for the old one back. feel like fixing it and then selling it .

Original Poster

Well I'm wondering If I can keep the broken one and try to fix it. to clarify ive received the replacement, i thought the courier would be taking my broken one but they didn't.. .
They can't charge me for it can they seeing as it's not my fault? I usually work 6/7 days a week so it's quite inconvenient for me to have to stay at home waiting for couriers

You could drop it in to your local store next time you're passing.

miikeyblue

You could drop it in to your local store next time you're passing.

If your going to do that make sure you take pictures of how u packaged up the item and the item aswell. And get them to give u a receipt or letter to confirm you handed it in. I once bought a tv from there for a xmas gift. When opened it didn't work. I had to fight with them in order for them just to get a replacement. I physically took the broken one in and they later contacted me saying I'd not returned the damaged one! I ended up having to get the complaints department to find the cctv footage of me taking it in! Now I trust no one in instances like that. Take pics and cover yourself just in case is my advice

justboughtz3compact

Well I'm wondering If I can keep the broken one and try to fix it. to … Well I'm wondering If I can keep the broken one and try to fix it. to clarify ive received the replacement, i thought the courier would be taking my broken one but they didn't.. . They can't charge me for it can they seeing as it's not my fault? I usually work 6/7 days a week so it's quite inconvenient for me to have to stay at home waiting for couriers

It's your fault if you don't send it back to them so yes they can charge you.

justboughtz3compact

Well I'm wondering If I can keep the broken one and try to fix it. to … Well I'm wondering If I can keep the broken one and try to fix it. to clarify ive received the replacement, i thought the courier would be taking my broken one but they didn't.. . They can't charge me for it can they seeing as it's not my fault? I usually work 6/7 days a week so it's quite inconvenient for me to have to stay at home waiting for couriers

Have you ever heard of theft????

justboughtz3compact

They could ask for it back if they realise what's happened so it's on your conscience,if you don't say anything you best hang onto it for a while as you could find yourself in trouble if you tamper with it etc.

under WEEE regs they might not collect. I know some kitchen items i.e kettles they don't collect as they have to sort out binning them and it costs.

sofiasar

keep waiting and see what happens. Dell did same , since April they sent … keep waiting and see what happens. Dell did same , since April they sent a replacement but not asked for the old one back. feel like fixing it and then selling it .

Not surprising from the resident scrounger.

Banned

BarmyBulldog

Not surprising from the resident scrounger.

​your a what ???? if Dell hasn't asked for it back , then what's your problem, cry just because I payed for an extended warranty and I got to keep it! what's your loss!

Banned

justboughtz3compact

​funnily enough, I said same as you said above but some bizzare ops voted mine down 3 and no one voted your comment up or down. just shows how many ops are backwards!

to be fair if ya hounest tesco customer you will just take it back to a store. They will give you a return receipt, because when you return something to the store that has already been replaced they have to ring direct to comfirm the return as the staff instore have to label the returned item with your order number so it is trackable and the item has been returned. I'm unsure if they will charge for a replacement if the faulty item has not been returned. be hounest and take it to the store.
If it was your company what would you say and do!

Original Poster

I've called up and theyve rearranged another collection. Strange though that they use different delivery and pick up service. Yodel left me a missed collection letter although the tracking number they gave doesn't work. I'm very sure they didn't even ring my bell either because I was at home all day
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18216628
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread427414633
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247565
    4. Monzo - weighing up how to pass on foreign ATM fees1426

See more discussions