Tesco sim in iPhone 5 locked to O2

Found 6th Jan 2013
Anyone know if a tesco sim will work in an iPhone 5 that's locked to O2. I know it works on older iPhones, but read that it may not on the 5

Cheers

15 Comments

No i dont think so as its a micro sim in the iphone 5

Micro sim in iPhone 4 but different sim again in the iPhone 5, cannot swap them.

Original Poster

Yh I know that, I can cut my sim down to a nano sim.

iglimpse

Micro sim in iPhone 4 but different sim again in the iPhone 5, cannot … Micro sim in iPhone 4 but different sim again in the iPhone 5, cannot swap them.

Ah nano sim, then and still no

Original Poster

I dont think you get what I'm asking, assuming I have a sim that will fit the iPhone 5, will an iPhone 5 that's locked to O2 accept a tesco sim.

Yes.

kurupt213

I dont think you get what I'm asking, assuming I have a sim that will fit … I dont think you get what I'm asking, assuming I have a sim that will fit the iPhone 5, will an iPhone 5 that's locked to O2 accept a tesco sim.

Well why didnt you say so?

Original Poster

Thank you

BustaLinx

Yes.

kurupt213

I dont think you get what I'm asking, assuming I have a sim that will … I dont think you get what I'm asking, assuming I have a sim that will fit the iPhone 5, will an iPhone 5 that's locked to O2 accept a tesco sim.

I did

I don,t think it will work as phone is still locked to O2.tried with my last I phone and it didn't,t work

You can cut sims to size ? oO

It won't work, The iPhone will need to be unlocked first.

Original Poster

Just got the iPhone and it worked

Told you.

No idea why people were saying it wouldn't work since Tesco is a MVNO that piggybacks O2. Not sure if it works the other way around though, an O2 sim in a Tesco phone.

A Tesco sim will go into an o2 phone. But not the other way round.

does a tesco sim work in an iphone 5c?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions