Tesco taking money after cancelling items?

Found 25th Jun 2012
Ordered 3 lego from them posted on here the other day. When they got cancelled i deleted the emails expecting nothing more.

Just checked my bank and £8 for the 3 legos is on my statement, Go on the website and apparently only 1 lego is showing up on the statement which says cancelled (all ordered at the same time in 1 order)

This happened to anyone else and is it common?
Community Updates
MiscLego
31 Comments
yer they canceled my order but still took the money just waiting for the refund
If they have taken payment you are entitled to the goods you've ordered as they have formed a contract with you!
Order was cancelled near enough straightaway but still took the money a day or so later. Waiting on a refund but think in theses sort of cases money should be immediately refunded.
Martini

If they have taken payment you are entitled to the goods you've ordered … If they have taken payment you are entitled to the goods you've ordered as they have formed a contract with you!

sorry, that sadly isn't true...
yes we have 2 items that have to be refunded also.We are calling them today
Martini

If they have taken payment you are entitled to the goods you've ordered … If they have taken payment you are entitled to the goods you've ordered as they have formed a contract with you!

FACEPALM
Martini

yet more misinformation
I ordered something to be delivered to store, then received a text telling me it had been cancelled. Then I got an email from tesco telling me I can track my parcel with Yodel. I tracked it and it says delivered on Friday. I haven't had anything, so I'm going instore to see if they have later today.
I have just checked my bank and I have been charged too.
Your deleted email will be in your trash can, retrieve it from there if you need it.
I called Friday and even though the orders being cancelled their system has problems automatically giving refunds, best bet is to call them up to be on the safe side.
Maybe tesco bank needs some extra funds to keep it afloat.

Similar thing happened to me last week. Still waiting for my refund after they told me the items I had ordered were out of stock. They werent. They were crammed full of the same item instore at double the price.
Then THEY cancelled the order. Recieved an email saying that I had cancelled the order which was not true. I would have been happy to recieve the goods I ordered at the price I ordered them and which they were apparently initially happy to sell them to me.

CHEATING BARSTEWARDS
hellbentondeals

I ordered something to be delivered to store, then received a text … I ordered something to be delivered to store, then received a text telling me it had been cancelled. Then I got an email from tesco telling me I can track my parcel with Yodel. I tracked it and it says delivered on Friday. I haven't had anything, so I'm going instore to see if they have later today.I have just checked my bank and I have been charged too.

you WILL get your items, i had same thing got a cancellation text but a CONFIRMATION email

printed it off went instore and they had my 3 items

seems a few people managed to drop lucky
Same here £52.50 taken on the 19th for Lego. The week before I ordered some things and the £10 off £40 wouldn't work, they refunded that the same day as the money for the order went on, so they can do it quickly. I honestly think they want to keep our funds to gain interest. I've sent them 2 complaint emails and they have answered them with generic reply's harping on about the double up exchange. Totally oblivious to anything I acutally wrote! We still haven't had a refund go on this morning and Hubby is now due a statement, so looks like we'll end up having to pay for them anyway! They will be getting an earful later today!
manda1

Same here £52.50 taken on the 19th for Lego. The week before I ordered … Same here £52.50 taken on the 19th for Lego. The week before I ordered some things and the £10 off £40 wouldn't work, they refunded that the same day as the money for the order went on, so they can do it quickly. I honestly think they want to keep our funds to gain interest. I've sent them 2 complaint emails and they have answered them with generic reply's harping on about the double up exchange. Totally oblivious to anything I acutally wrote! We still haven't had a refund go on this morning and Hubby is now due a statement, so looks like we'll end up having to pay for them anyway! They will be getting an earful later today!

Only way to deal with situations such as this widescale cheating is to give them the bad publicity they deserve.
If enough people highlight the scams they are pulling that will probably have a more detrimental effect than the extras they gain from the additional funds in their account.
People need to keep highlighting the problems they are having so they are held to account
Edited by: "WoolyM" 25th Jun 2012
jayjayuk1234

sorry, that sadly isn't true...

SORRY but yes it is, and Tesco's have been prosecuted by trading standards in the past for doing this very same thing. They are required by law to provide the goods (in the UK ) once payment has been taken.

SORRY but yes it is, and Tesco's have been prosecuted by trading … SORRY but yes it is, and Tesco's have been prosecuted by trading standards in the past for doing this very same thing. They are required by law to provide the goods (in the UK ) once payment has been taken.

It isn't true. Give us a link to the case you mention.

SORRY but yes it is, and Tesco's have been prosecuted by trading … SORRY but yes it is, and Tesco's have been prosecuted by trading standards in the past for doing this very same thing. They are required by law to provide the goods (in the UK ) once payment has been taken.

Contract to supply is a very complicated area and there is more to it than just taking payment, there has to be a series of despatch information not just a payment being taken. Please provide a link of the case you refer to
Isnt the ruling that if they take payment AND dispatch the item thats when they have ti honour the sale ?

might be wrong here
If Tesco are feeling the need to do this I for one wouldnt be happy if I was using them for banking.
I would be moving my money somewhere else pretty pronto

I see the resident hukd troll appears with her usual high standard of rollox
I think Tesco bank with RBS - so their recent balls up may have contributed to this.

Milkfloat

I think Tesco bank with RBS - so their recent balls up may have … I think Tesco bank with RBS - so their recent balls up may have contributed to this.

Even more reason to move to a different bank then
Havince

you WILL get your items, i had same thing got a cancellation text but a … you WILL get your items, i had same thing got a cancellation text but a CONFIRMATION emailprinted it off went instore and they had my 3 itemsseems a few people managed to drop lucky

Yes, your right. Called in after work and it was there, instore.
I see the resident hukd troll appears with her usual high standard of rollox[/quote]

And as per usual I have been proven right, OP has the goods as Tesco must comply after taking payment and you as usual CSIman are full of the usual ****!
Edited by: "059" 1st Jul 2012

I see the resident hukd troll appears with her usual high standard of … I see the resident hukd troll appears with her usual high standard of rollox

And as per usual I have been proven right, OP has the goods as Tesco must … And as per usual I have been proven right, OP has the goods as Tesco must comply after taking payment and you as usual CSIman are full of the usual ****!

I think this simply slipped through the net.

Edited by: "miikeyblue" 1st Jul 2012

I see the resident hukd troll appears with her usual high standard of … I see the resident hukd troll appears with her usual high standard of rollox

And as per usual I have been proven right, OP has the goods as Tesco must comply after taking payment and you as usual CSIman are full of the usual ****!
[/quote]
What an idiot you really are! OP didnt have goods when question initially asked. I refer you to your initial complete ****. Stop giving advice on things you are obviously clueless about!

If they have taken payment you are entitled to the goods you've ordered as they have formed a contract with you!
Edited by: "csiman" 1st Jul 2012

[/quote]

Link to case law?
Funny, theres loads of threads on here where a retailer takes payment then doesn't send the goods, zavvi do it all the time.
colinsunderland

And as per usual I have been proven right, OP has the goods as Tesco must … And as per usual I have been proven right, OP has the goods as Tesco must comply after taking payment and you as usual CSIman are full of the usual ****!

Link to case law?
Funny, theres loads of threads on here where a retailer takes payment then doesn't send the goods, zavvi do it all the time.[/quote]
Careful Colin. 059 never comes back with any evidence to support her tripe
csiman

Link to case law?Funny, theres loads of threads on here where a retailer … Link to case law?Funny, theres loads of threads on here where a retailer takes payment then doesn't send the goods, zavvi do it all the time.

Careful Colin. 059 never comes back with any evidence to support her tripe [/quote]

This is true. I asked last week and still waiting for it.
I ordered black ops 10 days ago, cancelled it straight away as I needed to chnage delivery adress. Got an email to confirm cancellation and that charges had not been made to my payment method, great! Placed a new order with delivery address. Credit card statement today shows 2 charges, received 1 game! Eventually got through and the refunds dept is closed!! Fuming!!! I hope they compensate me for my phone bill and the 10 days they have stole and held my money for, not happy!
I ordered stuff from tesco after 2 weeks they said they had lost my order and things were not avaible no more so they refunded me the money which i got 3 days later . Then 4 weeks after that a parcel arrived with all my stuff which is now not paid for
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants