1. Tes Deals
Groups

Tesco Tannoy Takeover - Show Dad some love with a Fathers Day message over the tannoy in your local Tesco

Editor
    I thought this was a pretty cool idea for a Fathers Day message.

Tannoy Takeover Video

You can record a message (up to 1 minute) and have it played in your local store!

Obviously vulgar / offensive messages can't be played, but i'm sure you could try and slip a dad joke in there

REGISTER HERE

Top comments

"Dad, are you here? You came to get some milk but that was 28 years ago"

Why is a dad spending Father's Day in Tesco?

justanothercid

​Returning the socks and the hammer with a built in torch, for the crate of beer he really wanted.
    38 Comments

great idea!

Sounds a bit silly.
    Who wants to hear a one minute long message when you're shopping?

dtovey89

Sounds a bit silly.Who wants to hear a one minute long message when … Sounds a bit silly.Who wants to hear a one minute long message when you're shopping?

More to the point, everyone else has to suffer listening to all of them whilst doing their shopping.

Original Poster Editor

rufnek2kx48 m ago

Shouldn't have laughed, but I did. Thanks

justanothercid

​Returning the socks and the hammer with a built in torch, for the crate of beer he really wanted.

justanothercid

...or Morrisons...

[ hotukdeals.com/mis…591 ]

dtovey89

Sounds a bit silly.Who wants to hear a one minute long message when … Sounds a bit silly.Who wants to hear a one minute long message when you're shopping?

​dads

dtovey89

​isnt silly sometimes fun, cute, adorable especially when the sentiment is love.

so how much are these supermarkets paying you to advertise for them in Misc ?

Hey let's get lots of stereotypical dad actors. Lame.

davewave

isnt silly sometimes fun, cute, adorable especially when the sentiment is … isnt silly sometimes fun, cute, adorable especially when the sentiment is love.

Nothing says I love you like saying it Over a tesco pa system

Every little helps!

If you make your father go to Tesco on father's day, you're terrible offspring. Why don't you ask him if you can borrow a tenner to buy him a present in the message, while you're in there?

cdm22

More to the point, everyone else has to suffer listening to all of them … More to the point, everyone else has to suffer listening to all of them whilst doing their shopping.

That's what I meant.

davewave

isnt silly sometimes fun, cute, adorable especially when the sentiment is … isnt silly sometimes fun, cute, adorable especially when the sentiment is love.

Lul wut

https://media3.giphy.com/media/mPs0V5innosrS/giphy_s.gif

cdm22

More to the point, everyone else has to suffer listening to all of them … More to the point, everyone else has to suffer listening to all of them whilst doing their shopping.

It's the pessimists in life I can't bear to hear

msmyth

Shouldn't have laughed, but I did. Thanks

The milk man delivered to door 28 years ago, yer ma's a liar lol

seaniboy

It's the pessimists in life I can't bear to hear

I'm not a pessimist, I just don't understand why everyone else has to suffer with having to listen to this nonsense. You managed to knock someone up...brilliant.

Edited by: "cdm22" 17th Jun

thegroutch

so how much are these supermarkets paying you to advertise for them in … so how much are these supermarkets paying you to advertise for them in Misc ?

https://media.giphy.com/media/tZ4K7k7wZ8B8I/giphy.gif

cdm2212 h, 26 m ago

I'm not a pessimist, I just don't understand why everyone else has to …I'm not a pessimist, I just don't understand why everyone else has to suffer with having to listen to this nonsense. You managed to knock someone up...brilliant.

Spoken like a true chav, parenthood is a lifetime commitment not 'knocking someone up'

I'm a chav? I'm not the one hanging around a supermarket on Father's day!

seaniboy

Spoken like a true chav, parenthood is a lifetime commitment not … Spoken like a true chav, parenthood is a lifetime commitment not 'knocking someone up'

What's that got to do with the price of cheese, or Tesco announcements inflicted I others?

MSK.55 m ago

What's that got to do with the price of cheese, or Tesco announcements …What's that got to do with the price of cheese, or Tesco announcements inflicted I others?

Well I'd rather listen to Tesco Father's Day announcements shopping than watch police & fire officers tell people to stay put in a burning inferno. I dunno, call me a humanitarian
    Edited by: "seaniboy" 18th Jun

cdm221 h, 8 m ago

I'm a chav? I'm not the one hanging around a supermarket on Father's day! …I'm a chav? I'm not the one hanging around a supermarket on Father's day!

Well Sunday shoppers do exist, also a lot of people will be grabbing gifts and food for a Father's Day meal, your narrow mindedness is indeed compounding your defence you are not as absent minded as a chav.

seaniboy

Well I'd rather listen to Tesco Father's Day announcements shopping than … Well I'd rather listen to Tesco Father's Day announcements shopping than watch police & fire officers tell people to stay put in a burning inferno. I dunno, call me a humanitarian

Too soon, very poor taste.
    Edited by: "MSK." 18th Jun

MSK.8 h, 16 m ago

Too soon, very poor taste.

It's not a joke, it's about people moaning about a public service offered by supermarkets when Kensington & Chelsea council signed off a building as safe and then couldn't respond to its disasterous outcome and Ealing Council had to step in. Moaning about Tesco etc fathers days announcments whilst others died in a preventable fire, others left with nothing but smoke damaged clothes their only possession and hopefully a mobile phone -some people need to reevaluate their outlook on life.

seaniboy

It's not a joke, it's about people moaning about a public service offered … It's not a joke, it's about people moaning about a public service offered by supermarkets when Kensington & Chelsea council signed off a building as safe and then couldn't respond to its disasterous outcome and Ealing Council had to step in. Moaning about Tesco etc fathers days announcments whilst others died in a preventable fire, others left with nothing but smoke damaged clothes their only possession and hopefully a mobile phone -some people need to reevaluate their outlook on life.

I didn't say it was a joke. It's still poor taste to make such comparisons.

MSK.51 m ago

I didn't say it was a joke. It's still poor taste to make such …I didn't say it was a joke. It's still poor taste to make such comparisons.

Poor taste ? Compare someone in absolute need on £10 a day handout which is less than Jobseeker's Allowance with someone whinging about a goodwill tannoy announcement ? Poor taste I know what it is, I see it in humans everyday, Tories are the tip of the iceberg.

A selfish material society. Keeping up with the Jonses, meh, I'd rather have a Father's Day announcement than a corporate profit driven 'greeting' card, even if it is the supermarket. Greet me to face, text or call, or tannoy, kill a tree for corporate greed to 'greet' me LOL, that's mainstream not manners.

seaniboy

Poor taste ? Compare someone in absolute need on £10 a day handout which … Poor taste ? Compare someone in absolute need on £10 a day handout which is less than Jobseeker's Allowance with someone whinging about a goodwill tannoy announcement ? Poor taste I know what it is, I see it in humans everyday, Tories are the tip of the iceberg. A selfish material society. Keeping up with the Jonses, meh, I'd rather have a Father's Day announcement than a corporate profit driven 'greeting' card, even if it is the supermarket. Greet me to face, text or call, or tannoy, kill a tree for corporate greed to 'greet' me LOL, that's mainstream not manners.

It's in poor taste to make the comparison in the first place. This thread has nothing to do with Grenfell tower. Someone not liking an idea from Tesco has naff all to do with having sympathy or empathy or people affected by that fire.

Get a life and stop twisting things.

MSK.15 m ago

It's in poor taste to make the comparison in the first place. This thread …It's in poor taste to make the comparison in the first place. This thread has nothing to do with Grenfell tower. Someone not liking an idea from Tesco has naff all to do with having sympathy or empathy or people affected by that fire.Get a life and stop twisting things.

Twisting things ? If tannoy announcments at a supermarket bother anyone especially Father's Day ones, do the world a favour and order online for a home delivery, simple, stay out of the optimistic people's way with the down trod, it's a Father's Day announcement not a Daily Mail comments audio announcement.

seaniboy

Twisting things ? If tannoy announcments at a supermarket bother anyone … Twisting things ? If tannoy announcments at a supermarket bother anyone especially Father's Day ones, do the world a favour and order online for a home delivery, simple, stay out of the optimistic people's way with the down trod, it's a Father's Day announcement not a Daily Mail comments audio announcement.

At least you managed to keep that comment on topic, even if the content was drivel.

https://img.gifglobe.com/grabs/fatherted/S02E11/gif/t6BbMMhr0Ncs.gif

MSK.10 h, 36 m ago

At least you managed to keep that comment on topic, even if the content …At least you managed to keep that comment on topic, even if the content was drivel.

And on and on and on and Ariston.

I apologise for any offence Fathers Day causes some people and that it means something to me and others than a sperm donor and a single parent child tax credit family society who begrudge good men and dads a moment of thankfulness duly needed and given for being a good hu/man.

If woman actually stopped having kids with mankids (a male of the species under the approx last brain growing cycle of 28+) then maybe the country could save a fortune in cash and more importantly child emotional suffering - that's stillno excuse to not praise good dads out there who meet, and possibly excel, the mark of being a great man by being a good dad as a minimum

Edited by: "seaniboy" 19th Jun

It's just sad and pathetic and anyone that did this should be forever ashamed.

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764218
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1625
      3. What do these 2 men have in common1219
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?31140

See more discussions