2. Tesco
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Tesco
7 Comments

Original Poster

m.bbc.co.uk/new…631 lazy link.

My views:
If they're as bad as claimed for local economy, do not give planning permission for new store builds.
Employees should be paid a decent living wage and never need to claim tax credits. They should never get free labour through Workfare schemes.
Councils again just trying to make money, just like pigs at a trough. If it isn't car park charges or council tax or parking fines, they're always after other ways to get money.
Edited by: "anewman" 26th Jul 2014

I cant understand this Tax Credit scheme when the company is making Billions of pounds and the low paid staff claim Tax Credits.Why is tax payers bailing out a multi billion pound turn over company?But there again the minimum wage is too low.

What a stupid idea, how are you going define who gets taxed and who doesn't, if its shop size they will just open more of the little local stores which they are doing everywhere anyway as that is a growth industry and you can't tax them based on there profits because there is already a tax for that, best to make sure they are paying that fully before introducing another.

Stupid idea. As for the dying high street... Who gives a ****. Welcome to the world of no borders internet commerce b*****s

Typical poorly thought out political solution. Seems to be aimed at Tesco, Sainsbury's, Asda and Morrisons with Aldi and Lidl not being mentioned who if anything provide cheaper food making it even harder for small local shops to compete with even though the quality and range of products can be quite poor in my experience for those two. Both are german and have far less british goods so even more money will leave the UK if they are given a competitive advantage by this move.

If they want to get supermarkets being more positive for the UK encourage them to buy more british goods including meat and vegetables etc with tax breaks etc and have a government backed british labelling policy for all goods produced in the UK. Lots of food imported could be produced in the UK by normal farming or commercial size greenhouses etc.

Tesco and the other supermarkets aren't the enemies of this country, the real enemies are the moronic politicians who have no idea about economics and come up with half-arsed solutions to problems which themselves lead to more problems.

Tesco and ASDA - the country's biggest benefits claimants.
Edited by: "jaybear88" 28th Jul 2014

bonzobanana

Typical poorly thought out political solution. Seems to be aimed at … Typical poorly thought out political solution. Seems to be aimed at Tesco, Sainsbury's, Asda and Morrisons with Aldi and Lidl not being mentioned who if anything provide cheaper food making it even harder for small local shops to compete with even though the quality and range of products can be quite poor in my experience for those two. Both are german and have far less british goods so even more money will leave the UK if they are given a competitive advantage by this move.If they want to get supermarkets being more positive for the UK encourage them to buy more british goods including meat and vegetables etc with tax breaks etc and have a government backed british labelling policy for all goods produced in the UK. Lots of food imported could be produced in the UK by normal farming or commercial size greenhouses etc. Tesco and the other supermarkets aren't the enemies of this country, the real enemies are the moronic politicians who have no idea about economics and come up with half-arsed solutions to problems which themselves lead to more problems.

All we grow in this country is cattle fodder and rape. Can't remember the last time I saw a field of taters. No doubt a UKIP supporter can come in here and explain why the EU is to blame for everything.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA1657
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247641
    3. Anyone else bored of video gaming1119
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428014647

See more discussions