Tesco to close Tesco Direct...

Found 22nd MayEdited by:"BuzzDuraband"

Sky are saying...

"Following a detailed review, the supermarket giant has determined "there is no route to profitability for this small, loss-making part of the business", according to a statement released by the company."

On 9 July, we’ll be closing the Tesco Direct website. We’ll continue to offer our Uniform Embroidery Service and Tesco Mobile products at tesco.com.

Our main website, tesco.com, will continue to sell grocery products as usual, alongside a selected range of items that were previously available on Tesco Direct. A large range of clothing, homewares, electricals, toys and gifts will continue to be available in-store too.

• Can I still place orders?

Yes, you can keep placing orders until 9 July, while stocks last.

From 22 May, we won’t be able to offer next-day delivery. Instead, orders will take 2-5 days to arrive – and the same applies to Click+Collect orders. But if that changes, we’ll let you know.

Please check your account to make sure your contact details are up to date, as we’ll text or email you if there are any further delays.

• How will the closure of Tesco Direct affect delivery times?

From 22 May, we won’t be able to offer next-day delivery. Instead, orders will take 2-5 days to arrive – and the same applies to Click+Collect orders.

If you have placed a Click+Collect order, we will notify you when your products are ready for collection.

If you have ordered an item for home delivery, you can track your order’s progress online by signing into My Account and clicking on “Your Tesco Direct orders”.

• Can I still use my coupons or vouchers?

Yes. We can accept all existing Tesco Direct ecoupons until 9 July, subject to the usual terms and conditions.

• Can I still use my Tesco gift card?

Yes. You will be able to use your Tesco gift card in all Tesco stores, even after Tesco Direct closes. The last date you can use it online at Tesco Direct is 9 July.

More Info tesco.com/hel…aq/

More details are expected soon. [Source: Sky News]
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
well that's it then for great gaming prices for xbox ps4 etc, amount of people who own an xbox ps4 from tesco will be high due to all there great deals they do
deleted396333
genk7 m ago

Tesco have always been great for prices.

Great at losing money because of pricing errors*
I'm surprised at this.

A real shame.
No!!!!!!! Where will we get £45 Xbox’s that I am still waiting for!
63 Comments
well that's it then for great gaming prices for xbox ps4 etc, amount of people who own an xbox ps4 from tesco will be high due to all there great deals they do
No!!!!!!! Where will we get £45 Xbox’s that I am still waiting for!
gopolog8622nd May

well that's it then for great gaming prices for xbox ps4 etc, amount of …well that's it then for great gaming prices for xbox ps4 etc, amount of people who own an xbox ps4 from tesco will be high due to all there great deals they do

Hence why they are closing
schutz1 m ago

Hence why they are closing

yeah because the idiots that put the sale items up, and completely messing up the prices
deleted396333
genk7 m ago

Great at losing money because of pricing errors*
-.- still waiting on my days gone preorder that I made in 2016, hopefully it still arrives June 2017

33838768-Q4SJs.jpg
-.- there goes my days gone, got it for an absolute bargain as well, buzz looking at you to sort me out with my next days gone deal 😘
Edited by: "allaboutthetwizzler" 22nd May
Yessss! Lots of people always get their hopes up over some of their prices!
Also on BBC site - closing date 9 July.
My usual supply of cheap NowTV vouchers going
Dammit! Whats the point of saving up all my Clubcard points now?

Ah well, my £174 Nintendo Switch (which came in under £160 after I Cex-ed FIFA) and £25 Wii U will live on forever as some of my greatest couponing ever (did also grab an XBOX 360 for some ridiculous price, but did that instore years ago, so can't remember how much that was)
wonder if they will put all there gaming items on the main page then from now on at good prices or is that it for getting bargains from tesco?
Wow no more Tesco direct they did good deals to their only focus is to sell food now
Edited by: "_Enzo_" 22nd May
gopolog868 m ago

wonder if they will put all there gaming items on the main page then from …wonder if they will put all there gaming items on the main page then from now on at good prices or is that it for getting bargains from tesco?

Tesco direct closing no more items there just selling food now just Tesco from July 9th
Its safe to say most of us on here have had our monies worth out of Tesco Direct, it shall be sadly missed. Don't forget to check out their Ebay outlet if they start cutting prices.
_Enzo_3 m ago

Tesco direct closing no more items there just selling food now just Tesco …Tesco direct closing no more items there just selling food now just Tesco from July 9th

does it actually say that anywhere? i might be being blind?
_Enzo_4 m ago

Tesco direct closing no more items there just selling food now just Tesco …Tesco direct closing no more items there just selling food now just Tesco from July 9th

says instore no mention of online for electronics
On 9 July, we’ll be closing the Tesco Direct website. We’ll continue to offer our Uniform Embroidery Service and Tesco Mobile products at tesco.com.

Our main website, tesco.com, will continue to sell grocery products as usual, alongside a selected range of items that were previously available on Tesco Direct. A large range of clothing, homewares, electricals, toys and gifts will continue to be available in-store too.
_Enzo_1 m ago

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/may/22/tesco-shuts-its-online-non-food-website-tesco-direct

yeah just seen and read this bit
_Enzo_1 m ago

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/may/22/tesco-shuts-its-online-non-food-website-tesco-direct

They will still do some toys and games in there normal Tesco shops
gopolog864 m ago

On 9 July, we’ll be closing the Tesco Direct website. We’ll continue to off …On 9 July, we’ll be closing the Tesco Direct website. We’ll continue to offer our Uniform Embroidery Service and Tesco Mobile products at tesco.com.Our main website, tesco.com, will continue to sell grocery products as usual, alongside a selected range of items that were previously available on Tesco Direct. A large range of clothing, homewares, electricals, toys and gifts will continue to be available in-store too.yeah just seen and read this bit

"Tesco said the plan was to close the distribution centre at Fenny Lock, Milton Keynes, which handles Tesco Direct orders."
Oh well if things don't change they'll stay as they are.
I'm surprised at this.

A real shame.
Its a shame they will also be stopping free click and collect for F&F.
I ordered so much from Tesco Direct over the last couple of years. Trampoline for £42, Henry hoover £40, duvet covers £1 , silent night duvets £2.50. Ahh and I think more. I usually do my grocery shop from there too but never managed to find bargains instore.
Unfortunate!
I pre-ordered Red Dead Redemption 2 from Tesco Direct. Very disappointing to hear this news.

The worst thing is that I used a 25gbp tesco gift card that I converted from Love2Shop and I fear they will not give me £50 quid back.
Edited by: "aboody" 22nd May
Great all those points going to waste as using vouchers for groceries is pointless because he prices constantly fluctuate
I think the death knell started tolling once they scrapped Clubcard boost!
I bet the Amazon UK devision are popping open the champaign tonight. This is another "victory" for them. It's a total shame. We all know what happens with prices when a retailer doesn't have a big competitor fighting for customers.
aturner12320 m ago

Great all those points going to waste as using vouchers for groceries is …Great all those points going to waste as using vouchers for groceries is pointless because he prices constantly fluctuate

I only just realised this when I read what you wrote.
Noooooo.
I always use them on Direct doubled up.
I shall treasure my ridiculously cheap PS4 Pro that little bit more from now on.
aturner12336 m ago

Great all those points going to waste as using vouchers for groceries is …Great all those points going to waste as using vouchers for groceries is pointless because he prices constantly fluctuate

The Clubcard vouchers still sell on eBay for more than the value because of Clubcard Boost (x3 value)
Past couple of months on Hot Uk Deals Tesco Direct have had some fabulous deals, some users reporting absolute insane prices from them. Now we know why.
I wonder if any held over stock will be dumped in stores to be sold through. Worth keeping an eye out there too.
Time to cancel my delivery saver. Only got it as the free delivery on direct items was ideal for me. Our local store is rubbish so can’t see us shopping much there now. Also I’m Tesco staff and got told this by email. One Team, the Tesco team!
No surprise really, stopped using it when it turned into a crappy version of Amazon marketplace - with no idea who stuff was coming from or when it would arrive!

Same thing that happened to Play.com when it moved to that model I guess!

Was quite good for cheap and cheerful furniture, furnishings, etc before.
will Tesco still be doing the clubcard deals
Phew
will try and rest easy on the bed they gave me.
Woohoo, no more jammy gits getting cheap consoles and buying 100 at a time so nobody else can take advantage.
After the way they screwed small shops, suppliers etc over the years good to see them failing again at something. Always trying to be first on the web but so many failures over the years.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants