Tesco VAT cut Early from Friday 28th November

Advance notice - Tesco has announced that they will cut VAT to 15'% from Friday 28th November, several days in advance of the official deadline.

Could be worth waiting before making large purchases etc. It won't make huge differences, but 'every little helps'.

5 Comments

woo hoo

*end sarcasm

Thanks for the heads-up, but the whole VAT discount is really going to be much-ado-about-nothing. Its going to save people approx £1-2 off a £100 shopping bill or about £12 off a 500 purchase. Is that going to make people flock to the shops?! Not on your nelly.....and for the privelige of this VAT discount? PERMANENT CHANGES TO TAX/NI LAWS. I for one thing this is a backhanded attempt by Labour to try and get more money out of us and say its a good idea.

Sorry for the rant lol

there isn't VAT on food anyway, so unless you plan to buy a tv or something from there it aint gonna make much difference anywhoo.

There is VAT on some foods.

Personally I'm going to be returning a laptop which I expect them to reduce by a further £7. Unless they decide not to pass it on of course!

google.com/hos…QCA

"The chain said it would pass the VAT reduction announced by Chancellor Alistair Darling on to all applicable non-food products, including electrical goods, home entertainment and clothing, from Friday."
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846125
    2. A Nigerian prince and bit coins scam33
    3. Sad news about Barcelona2077
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764100

See more discussions