Found 28th Nov 2008
Spoke to somebody who works at Tesco and was told that this weekend any thing that would have VAT added to it (alcohol,electrical items) would be VAT reduced.
This is my first post.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
14 Comments

welcome to HUKD mate smashing deal if its true

heat n rep added

vat free or vat reduced?

could be a rippost to asda:thumbsup:

I have just been - its not VAT free its VAT reduced... as prices are going up on Monday then time to stock up but only 2.5% off. Got 2 boxes of beer for 12 quid though (24 cans). Nothing unusual there though

Tesco psssht. asda wannabes!

This would be fab, has anyone else heard of this?
Welcome to hukd ib1kinobi

Its 2.1232% off before duty rises by 8% on Monday.

Original Poster

I was told VAT free.

golo83;3597112

could be a rippost to asda:thumbsup:

Certainluy is, this is a price war and the winner is the consumer.

Fight fight fight!

SPAMMED - as info is incorrect.

supermod

Babbler;3597118

I have just been - its not VAT free its VAT reduced... as prices are … I have just been - its not VAT free its VAT reduced... as prices are going up on Monday then time to stock up but only 2.5% off. Got 2 boxes of beer for 12 quid though (24 cans). Nothing unusual there though

Thanks for that, I've amended post to VAT reduced.

I've also moved it to MISC as per all previous general VAT reductions for all retailers, thanks :thumbsup:

Original Poster

If the info is incorrect I`m sorry,just passing on what i was told.
They could be doing it to compete against Asda as they have VAT free this weekend.

ib1kinobi;3597350

If the info is incorrect I`m sorry,just passing on what i was told.They … If the info is incorrect I`m sorry,just passing on what i was told.They could be doing it to compete against Asda as they have VAT free this weekend.

I thought ASDA was VAT free on TVs/dvdS ETC only?

Alcohol at tesco was definately only 2.5% off - unless the full vat discount starts tomorrow... no signs up though.

Original Poster

This was my first post and i have learnt to get the full facts before i post anything else.
Maybe the person who told me didn`t know what they were talking about,they also said tesco were not promoting it and it included everything you pay VAT on (electrical,acohol and biscuits)could have been pulling my leg.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247656
    2. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA21128
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769544
    4. Exploding Paw Patrol foam soap Leaves child in ICU11

See more discussions