Found 12th Dec 2016
Has anyone else noticed that Tesco mars bars are smaller than LIdl? 39.4g in Tesco vs 45g each in Lidl. Also Lidl's 300g Cadbury bars taste like the original chunky chocolate that it used to be and are cheaper per gram than Tesco.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
100 Comments

Don't like either of them, just had to get that off my chest and quickly upto comment 667 after I just realised the number I was on before oO

Bigger, better tasting, less added sugar.

The children I used to look after prefer the Lidl version to the genuine brands, as for Tescos own brands, they are awful in comparison.

Well I like Tesco I like Lidl.....
how to decide ?
http://gallery.tinyletterapp.com/41e5c9bd58b092106d8a1d3e7a30791983480ae6/images/431af246-5bb9-44c5-ae34-ff5a81a9a120.gif

i dont like shop own brand food. Only food i like from lidl non uk brand names is the nutty chocolates. They are lovely. When i buy food, i dont compare weight between brands as they will always be different.

All I know is lidl KitKat are inferior to asda, but they taste more like genuine KitKat.

Lidl, for the fresh bread.

thewongwing101

Well I like Tesco I like Lidl.....how to decide ?

X)

Lidl for DIY tools

Agent004

Don't like either of them, just had to get that off my chest and … Don't like either of them, just had to get that off my chest and quickly upto comment 667 after I just realised the number I was on before oO

​Too late, he noticed you. I'd steer clear of lorries delivering glass if I were you.

summerof76

Lidl for DIY tools

I find lidl tools are like buying toys. They look like they will work but thats about it.

Original Poster

I wasn't referring to own brands, I was referring to Mars Bars and Cadbury's Dairy Milk sold in both Lidl's and Tesco. Sorry for any confusion. The Mars Bars sold in lidl are 5.5 g bigger than Tesco and Lidl's Cadbury dairy milk is superior to Tesco's.
Edited by: "Bunny123" 12th Dec 2016

Lidl foods are far better than Tesco in just about every instance.

mutley1

I find lidl tools are like buying toys. They look like they will work … I find lidl tools are like buying toys. They look like they will work but thats about it.

Your'e wrong, i've done a hell of a lot of DIY this year and most of my tools were from Lidl

LizziBear

The staff are more friendly too

Still do a lot of shopping in tesco because of the cashback
don't go to Lidl much these days *cough* Aldi
agree Tesco chocolates are yuk always have been

LizziBear

Not sure why, but i cant eat any of the lidl food. They taste awful but i am aware that they are popular as i see so many people with huge shopping trolleys. I like tesco food on the other hand, but my favourite is sainsburys and morrisons for food and find tesco inferior to these two.

summerof76

The staff are more friendly too

You must live in a different part of the world to me as the lidl shops i go to, the staff are definately straight faced. They never speak to you. Whereas at the other supermarkets, they always make a point of talking to you.

mutley1

You must live in a different part of the world to me as the lidl shops i … You must live in a different part of the world to me as the lidl shops i go to, the staff are definately straight faced. They never speak to you. Whereas at the other supermarkets, they always make a point of talking to you.

bet they are only straight faced when you are facing them

I tend to shop at Aldi mostly these days as the local Lidl closed some time ago. However a recent Lidl spree in a different town meant that l could enjoy their products again... l like the Continental feel to the shops and the products.

There isn't a Sainsbury's near to me, otherwise l may try them... Morrison's however, there just seems to be an air of something that l can't quite describe about their shops, l really don't enjoy shopping there.

If l had a fatter wallet l would shop at Booths all the time

summerof76

Your'e wrong, i've done a hell of a lot of DIY this year and most of my … Your'e wrong, i've done a hell of a lot of DIY this year and most of my tools were from Lidl

Good on Ya. I have a lidl jigsaw . It's a jigsaw and it cuts wood . Most of the stuff I have from lidl is perfectly fine . Their mars bars lookalikes taste of chocolate caramel and mars bar like things . Brand snobbery is a waste of money in my opinion. Bunny 123 just makes me sure I am doing right .I compare prices on everything

brilly

Nice answer brilly X)

brilly

Thought you may say this. But no, they are not trained to be friendly whereas at the other supermarkets the staff have been trained to say hello and ask how you are. It is all rehearsed of course but it shows that the others have customer service policy implemented to add this.

mutley1

Thought you may say this. But no, they are not trained to be friendly … Thought you may say this. But no, they are not trained to be friendly whereas at the other supermarkets the staff have been trained to say hello and ask how you are. It is all rehearsed of course but it shows that the others have customer service policy implemented to add this.

possibly they are working? as thats a rarity in tesco they will have plenty of chances to chat about beans with you

psychobitchfromhell

Good on Ya. I have a lidl jigsaw . It's a jigsaw and it cuts wood . Most … Good on Ya. I have a lidl jigsaw . It's a jigsaw and it cuts wood . Most of the stuff I have from lidl is perfectly fine . Their mars bars lookalikes taste of chocolate caramel and mars bar like things . Brand snobbery is a waste of money in my opinion. Bunny 123 just makes me sure I am doing right .I compare prices on everything

To be honest I can't fault them. I bought cabinet sensor LED lights to put under 2 of my cabinets and its great when its dark as you don't need to put the big light on X)

summerof76

Your'e wrong, i've done a hell of a lot of DIY this year and most of my … Your'e wrong, i've done a hell of a lot of DIY this year and most of my tools were from Lidl

Again, it may be where you are. The lidl shops around my area only seem to stock very cheap tools that look very flimsy.

mutley1

You must live in a different part of the world to me as the lidl shops i … You must live in a different part of the world to me as the lidl shops i go to, the staff are definately straight faced. They never speak to you. Whereas at the other supermarkets, they always make a point of talking to you.

So you don't shop at lidl and you don't like their food or non food products yet you can compare their customer service with other supermarkets . Are you being wholly truthful ? I suspect you are a closet lidl shopper!

mutley1

You are still wrong. The staff are nice and friendly and very helpful You are still wrong. The staff are nice and friendly and very helpful In Tesco's bigger branches they are the most sour faced staff you can get (_;) The smaller stores they smile and chat :)Thought you may say this. But no, they are not trained to be friendly whereas at the other supermarkets the staff have been trained to say hello and ask how you are. It is all rehearsed of course but it shows that the others have customer service policy implemented to add this.

mutley1

Again, it may be where you are. The lidl shops around my area only seem … Again, it may be where you are. The lidl shops around my area only seem to stock very cheap tools that look very flimsy.

They have the same tools as its national (_;)

brilly

possibly they are working? as thats a rarity in tesco they will have … possibly they are working? as thats a rarity in tesco they will have plenty of chances to chat about beans with you

I think at the lidl around my area, there are very few check out tills, so the queues are so long so i guess they just want to get the queue going as quickly as they can so dont want to exchange niceties.

It doesnt bother me whether they chat to you or not, but i was surprised to hear summer says that the staff are friendly as this has not been my experience of the lidl branches around my area.

mutley1

I think at the lidl around my area, there are very few check out tills, … I think at the lidl around my area, there are very few check out tills, so the queues are so long so i guess they just want to get the queue going as quickly as they can so dont want to exchange niceties.It doesnt bother me whether they chat to you or not, but i was surprised to hear summer says that the staff are friendly as this has not been my experience of the lidl branches around my area.

maybe they like summer?

psychobitchfromhell

So you don't shop at lidl and you don't like their food or non food … So you don't shop at lidl and you don't like their food or non food products yet you can compare their customer service with other supermarkets . Are you being wholly truthful ? I suspect you are a closet lidl shopper!

I like shopping for DIY stuff in Lidl

mutley1

I think at the lidl around my area, there are very few check out tills, … I think at the lidl around my area, there are very few check out tills, so the queues are so long so i guess they just want to get the queue going as quickly as they can so dont want to exchange niceties.It doesnt bother me whether they chat to you or not, but i was surprised to hear summer says that the staff are friendly as this has not been my experience of the lidl branches around my area.

What part of the country are you talking about???

summerof76

To be honest I can't fault them. I bought cabinet sensor LED lights to … To be honest I can't fault them. I bought cabinet sensor LED lights to put under 2 of my cabinets and its great when its dark as you don't need to put the big light on X)

I've got some lovely ones under my kitchen cabinets which cost a tenner but look four times that . Big lidl fan . Have some fantastic hedge loppers that cut through anything . And what can I say an out their cola bottles ? Lush !

brilly

maybe they like summer?

I'm well liked in all the shops I go to I'm never rude to shop staff, they have enough to put up with, with rude customers who just like to pick an argument for arguments sake

LizziBear

I tend to shop at Aldi mostly these days as the local Lidl closed some … I tend to shop at Aldi mostly these days as the local Lidl closed some time ago. However a recent Lidl spree in a different town meant that l could enjoy their products again... l like the Continental feel to the shops and the products.There isn't a Sainsbury's near to me, otherwise l may try them... Morrison's however, there just seems to be an air of something that l can't quite describe about their shops, l really don't enjoy shopping there.If l had a fatter wallet l would shop at Booths all the time

I have never heard of booths. I assume they are a supermarket chain. Morrrisons is actually my favourite.

summerof76

I like shopping for DIY stuff in Lidl

I like shopping for diy stuff full stop . Strange that way

psychobitchfromhell

I've got some lovely ones under my kitchen cabinets which cost a tenner … I've got some lovely ones under my kitchen cabinets which cost a tenner but look four times that . Big lidl fan . Have some fantastic hedge loppers that cut through anything . And what can I say an out their cola bottles ? Lush !

Did you buy the recent under the cabinet lights 2 for £10.

psychobitchfromhell

So you don't shop at lidl and you don't like their food or non food … So you don't shop at lidl and you don't like their food or non food products yet you can compare their customer service with other supermarkets . Are you being wholly truthful ? I suspect you are a closet lidl shopper!

I only like their eggs and chocolates so i just buy those two. Why would someone be a closet shopper? You mean because they are cheap?

psychobitchfromhell

I like shopping for diy stuff full stop . Strange that way

I'm well known in Wickes, B&Q, Toolstation and Screwfix and the staff are lovely

summerof76

What part of the country are you talking about???

South east.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3285
    2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18226646
    3. Highway code and use of indicators (or lack thereof)4176
    4. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?993251

See more discussions