Found 20th Jan
Has anybody ever asked a member of staff where something is at Tesco and they pull out their phone and open an app and it tells them the isle number and even which section of the isle it is located or does anybody that work at Tesco know if this app is available to the public?? As someone who shops there everyday for business purposes this would be extremely handy especially as they seem to decide to rearrange the whole shop every single week!

1. Ask
  2. App
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. App
18 Comments

Not available for customers

"Shops" for business purposes.....Dream job!

Years ago the tesco mobile app you could download yourself from play store used to allow you to check stock of any item in your local store and even told you the aisle and shelf location. I guess it doesn't anymore?
Edited by: "Uridium" 20th Jan

mousey

"Shops" for business purposes.....Dream job!

Shoplifter? X)

howarth3

Tesco 'which aisle' app

This is usually bundled with the "getalife" app.

Original Poster

AndyRoyd

This is usually bundled with the "getalife" app.

For wanting to know where products are in Tesco because I shop there 7 days a week and they constantly move things about ? .... I'm not the one commenting pathetic banter on online threads at 4am am I.... oh the irony

what's wrong with walking and looking

If you're in there 7 days a week by the 2nd or 3rd day surely you should have a good idea yourself

That app is only for tesco staff. If you get it by any chance you need login details which staff wont give you their details.

howarth3

For wanting to know where products are in Tesco because I shop there 7 … For wanting to know where products are in Tesco because I shop there 7 days a week and they constantly move things about ? .... I'm not the one commenting pathetic banter on online threads at 4am am I.... oh the irony

Nah, the real irony is that I was walking around Tesco whilst browsing HUKD for Tesco deals, and it became abundantly clear that an aisle app would not have an impact on the quality of my life, whereas the getalife app would.

Original Poster

stefromuk

If you're in there 7 days a week by the 2nd or 3rd day surely you should … If you're in there 7 days a week by the 2nd or 3rd day surely you should have a good idea yourself

Yes until they change everything around... if you can't help then please don't bother commenting. Find something more productive to do with your time maybe...?

Original Poster

raydee

what's wrong with walking and looking

I go to buy things for my business every single day. Having a 'wander round' isn't ideal. I know where 99% of things are it's just when I need something that I don't have to buy that often and more often than not it's moved since last time I bought it!!
Edited by: "howarth3" 20th Jan

Original Poster

AndyRoyd

Nah, the real irony is that I was walking around Tesco whilst browsing … Nah, the real irony is that I was walking around Tesco whilst browsing HUKD for Tesco deals, and it became abundantly clear that an aisle app would not have an impact on the quality of my life, whereas the getalife app would.

Believe it or not the purpose of me posting this question on here wasn't to benefit your quality of life.

howarth3

Yes until they change everything around... if you can't help then please … Yes until they change everything around... if you can't help then please don't bother commenting. Find something more productive to do with your time maybe...?

Don't need to find something more productive I'm at work pal not dossing around Tescos

howarth3

Believe it or not the purpose of me posting this question on here wasn't … Believe it or not the purpose of me posting this question on here wasn't to benefit your quality of life.

That's a little selfish. My local Tesco selfish from aisle 3
Until Sunday. Then it's aisle 4 according to the app I lifted from an employee.

Original Poster

Thanks to the people that gave sensible, constructive answers. Appreciate it

howarth3

Thanks to the people that gave sensible, constructive answers. Appreciate … Thanks to the people that gave sensible, constructive answers. Appreciate it

You're welcome

howarth3

Thanks to the people that gave sensible, constructive answers. Appreciate … Thanks to the people that gave sensible, constructive answers. Appreciate it

You can see a demo of the immensely useful app feature of "where to find a lettuce" between 45 - 48secs of vid at youtuberpt.com/wat…=48
but note that Tesco weren't shouting about the product-in-aisle feature in their tech promo in 2014 youtube.com/wat…jTA .
Ask your employer (yourself?) to obtain a copy of the ancient app "Tesco Finder" for IOS. If I remember correctly, you'll need v2 or above for the aisle info. That's assuming Tesco still support it for those annoying people they call customers.
Happy hunting.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition51457
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1515
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums11
    4. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!11

See more discussions