Tesco wont accept Visa Electron card payment, what can i do?

Found 11th Nov 2011
Why would they not accept Visa Electron cards? No Paypal either, this really suck as there is no Tesco in my town
Community Updates
MiscCard
21 Comments
i have the same problem seems crazy to me
get a job you scrouts
Excuse me i do work get a life numpty
Get a pre-paid mastercard?
I thought an electron card was just a normal debit card?
sonand

Excuse me i do work get a life numpty

get a better job...p.s. my name is lumoruk, not numpty.
i would do if my family didnt keep using my name to obtain credit so get lost
The only thing you can do

Cry like a baby oh i see you already are

Tesco wont accept Visa Electron card payment, what can i do?

ask stupid questions on a shopping forum then never bother coming back to the thread?
None of this thread makes sense.
sonand

i would do if my family didnt keep using my name to obtain credit so get … i would do if my family didnt keep using my name to obtain credit so get lost

oO
OP ask somebody if you can use their card if you give them the money ¬.¬
bossyboots

I thought an electron card was just a normal debit card?

It's for people with poor credit rating like me. When these debit cards had the old £100 guarantee, they did not have this guarantee.

They are meant to be used as an ATM card really.
raptorcigs

i thought it was George?

That was at my second school only.
raptorcigs

get a shoplifter

but make sure he passes his rich pickings to you.
I though Visa Electron was the same as the old Solo cards, a Debit card for younger people. When I was in college everyone had either a Visa Electron or Solo. Solo has been replaced by normal Visa Debit now.
mutley1

but make sure he passes his rich pickings to you.

It's easier and quicker to just ask the cashier for money, then pay for the goods legally.
Visa Electron doesn't allow you to go overdrawn, it's just a basic cashcard which some shops accept.

This is probably why Tesco won't accept them - because they don't want to have to go through the hassle of checking whether you have the funds. I guess it will cost them something to do so.

Get a pre-paid Mastercard/Visa (a card you top-up and can then spend what's on there), or call up your bank and get a Visa Debit. They'll let you have one if you >18 and don't have a dire credit rating
Edited by: "oldmanhouse" 11th Nov 2011
lumoruk

It's easier and quicker to just ask the cashier for money, then pay for … It's easier and quicker to just ask the cashier for money, then pay for the goods legally.

But if you get caught you can not blame anyone else whereas getting someone else to steal for you I think is a better idea as it keeps your involment indirect.
mutley1

It's for people with poor credit rating like me. When these debit cards … It's for people with poor credit rating like me. When these debit cards had the old £100 guarantee, they did not have this guarantee.They are meant to be used as an ATM card really.

Not always, I have an Electron Card ( amongst others ) that I use solely to avoid budget airline charges, so these cards are not just for people with poor credit ratings.

Some folk are very quick to jump to conclusions on here.
sonand

i would do if my family didnt keep using my name to obtain credit so get … i would do if my family didnt keep using my name to obtain credit so get lost

This thread has taken on a criminal twist... X)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants