Tesco Xtras shutting down.

Found 16th Jul
Just received a message with a link to the following:

From 16 July 2018, the Tesco Mobile Xtras app will no longer be available. We’re really sorry for any inconvenience this might cause.
However, if you’re currently an Xtras customer who has viewed at least one ad since the 26 June 2018, you’ll still receive your monthly discount on your next bill, but you don’t need to view any more adverts or content.

Please see below our FAQ’s for more information.

Why has this service been shut down?
Tesco Mobile Xtras was popular with our customers but unfortunately an issue with the technology partner has resulted in us being unable to continue this service for our customers.

Can I still download or use the Xtras app?
The app is no longer available in the Google Play Store. If you already have the app installed you will no longer see ads or get updates to the app as it’ll not be supported after 15 July. We would recommend you uninstall this app. If you are having trouble with uninstalling the Xtras app please visit our device help page for a step by step guide. Simply click on the following link support.tescomobile.com/cus…tml and select your make and model handset and type the word uninstall into the keywords bar.

I’ve been using the app during the last 21 days so will I still get my discount?
If you’re currently an Xtras customer who has viewed at least one ad since the 26 June 2018, you’ll still receive your monthly discount on your next bill, but you don’t need to view any more adverts or content.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the reasons we chose the tesco contracts was taking into account the xtras discount that we got from viewing the ads generated by xtras. £2 a month isnt a lot but over several contracts (4) it adds up to almost £100 a year and this swung the decision over the competition to go with tesco.

Does this mean we can now leave tesco contracts as they have altered the terms under which we signed?
Community Updates
Misc
8 Comments
yeah it's annoying, not long ago reduced the discount from £3 to £2, my contracts already up, but as a low user the £5 a month can't be beaten so guess I'm stuck with it for now.

and no, I'd suspect this doesn't mean you can cancel, as the xtras app is nothing to do with your contract, just an optional extra
athunder7 h, 6 m ago

yeah it's annoying, not long ago reduced the discount from £3 to £2, my c …yeah it's annoying, not long ago reduced the discount from £3 to £2, my contracts already up, but as a low user the £5 a month can't be beaten so guess I'm stuck with it for now.and no, I'd suspect this doesn't mean you can cancel, as the xtras app is nothing to do with your contract, just an optional extra

What do you get for 5£
Creatishh16th Jul

What do you get for 5£

250mins, 250mb, 5000texts
One of my contracts is luckily just up, moving over to plusnet sim only for £6 a month 30 day rolling contract, for that I get unlimited minutes, unlimited text and 1.5gb data.

If you dont have plusnet for broadband/phoneline for that you get 1000 minutes, 1000 text and 1.5gb. Which is still in my opinion a good deal. plus.net/mob…ly/
Edited by: "harlzter" 17th Jul
athunder10 h, 22 m ago

250mins, 250mb, 5000texts

With ID Mobile, I got 250 mins, 2.25gb, 5000 texts for £5
The best offer now is 500 mins, 1GB, 5000 texts for £5
shabbird42 m ago

With ID Mobile, I got 250 mins, 2.25gb, 5000 texts for £5The best offer …With ID Mobile, I got 250 mins, 2.25gb, 5000 texts for £5The best offer now is 500 mins, 1GB, 5000 texts for £5

Well I don't use up what I get currently so I wouldn't switch to that as its no cheaper and I'd prefer Tesco Mobile to ID, however I did take a look and see they do 150min, 500gb and unltd (5000?) texts for £3.99, I may consider switching to that next month (Xtras discount still comes off this month)
athunder2 m ago

Well I don't use up what I get currently so I wouldn't switch to that as …Well I don't use up what I get currently so I wouldn't switch to that as its no cheaper and I'd prefer Tesco Mobile to ID, however I did take a look and see they do 150min, 500gb and unltd (5000?) texts for £3.99, I may consider switching to that next month (Xtras discount still comes off this month)

I do have to say low minutes and texts suits me, im more of a data muncher, trouble is most networks the higher the data allowance the higher the minutes and texts they bundle with it.
It is a shame that this is stopped.even with the £ 2 discount on a 2 year contract of originally £7.50 is a Moto c phone .this was excellent value for money for a low user.
Ie . I had 250 mins, 5000 texts and 500mb and 200 mb xtras data. Which if you used broadcast band at home and wi to hot spots etc and switched data on if you needed it.
You hardly used data. Ie I rarely used in excess of 50 mb per month.
With my loyalty bonus I got my phone contract for to.£3.50 per month.
I hope that Tesco will hopefully review this.
The only drawback was having pop up!adverts .which to me was ok as iwas only paying £3.50 a month for a good phone and above allowance.

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants