Expired

Tesco/Asda sofa's - anyone bought one?

Found 27th Oct 2017
Hi all - I'm having a bit of a nightmare with ordering new sofas for our living room. Originally bought some from Harvey's, who supplied us with damaged ones, had a real fight on our hands to get a refund off them and they refused to replace. Now we have nothing to sit on, so need to source replacement's quickly! Unfortunately Harvey's have put us off sofa shops for life.

I've discovered that both Asda and Tesco do sofas and can supply fairly quickly. Reviews on Tesco in particular seem fairly good. My concern though is that these reviews have been written by people when they've first received the sofas - I'd much rather hear how they have held up after a few months of use. Wondered if anyone here that has one could give me an idea?

Any help would be greatly appreciated - I'm so worried to risk buying the wrong thing again!

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
14 Comments

Try Next. Ok they are a tad more expensive than the budget stores (but not excessively so) but the quality is second to none and the customer service is brilliant.
We went to DFS for a sofa, it was around £400. By the time you added on the stain guard, warranty, cushions and paid for the better quality filling it was nearly £1000. We didn't bother. We went to Next.
Picked the sofa we liked. The stain guard comes as standard. The cushion filling a standard is better than the DFS best. The choice of materials is comprehensive.
Another thing about Next...If you decide you don't like it they will take it back and refund you or swap it -even three months down the line. Also if it marks, despite their stain guard, they will do the same.
Unbeatable service.
32325207.jpg £1200.
Edited by: "mrty" 28th Oct 2017

I have an asda corner settee
Ive had it for two years and it’s still in great shape
theres only one cushion which has gone out of shape slightly
would agree with above though
A Next settee will last for years and not go out of shape

Please excuse my lack of punctuation
I have a broken phone

You can buy the protection spray online cheaper than a shop will charge you. Same stuff they use for around £12
Edited by: "dorey69" 29th Oct 2017

Ikea. They’re in stock and reasonably priced.

Original Poster

Thanks for all the comments everyone, really appreciate it! Any other thoughts would be gratefully received!

Original Poster

mrty13 h, 24 m ago

Try Next. Ok they are a tad more expensive than the budget stores (but not …Try Next. Ok they are a tad more expensive than the budget stores (but not excessively so) but the quality is second to none and the customer service is brilliant. We went to DFS for a sofa, it was around £400. By the time you added on the stain guard, warranty, cushions and paid for the better quality filling it was nearly £1000. We didn't bother. We went to Next. Picked the sofa we liked. The stain guard comes as standard. The cushion filling a standard is better than the DFS best. The choice of materials is comprehensive. Another thing about Next...If you decide you don't like it they will take it back and refund you or swap it -even three months down the line. Also if it marks, despite their stain guard, they will do the same. Unbeatable service.[Image] £1200.

Thanks so much for the info and photo - that's all really helpful. I hadn't thought of Next, going to have a look now to see if they do anything within my budget. Could I ask, how old is the sofa in the photo? Just wondering how well its worn over time - it looks fantastic. Also, what were Next like for delivery - did they deliver on time, etc? Harvey's were awful, stormed into the house with the sofas and damaged our front door in the process

Original Poster

nikkip1312 h, 6 m ago

I have an asda corner setteeIve had it for two years and it’s still in g …I have an asda corner setteeIve had it for two years and it’s still in great shapetheres only one cushion which has gone out of shape slightly would agree with above thoughA Next settee will last for years and not go out of shapePlease excuse my lack of punctuation I have a broken phone

Many thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. There's not many reviews for Asda sofa's on their website, so it's great to hear feedback from someone that has one

manic912 h, 20 m ago

Thanks so much for the info and photo - that's all really helpful. I …Thanks so much for the info and photo - that's all really helpful. I hadn't thought of Next, going to have a look now to see if they do anything within my budget. Could I ask, how old is the sofa in the photo? Just wondering how well its worn over time - it looks fantastic. Also, what were Next like for delivery - did they deliver on time, etc? Harvey's were awful, stormed into the house with the sofas and damaged our front door in the process

Sofa is a year old now. Absolutely pristine. Ok the strength of that we bought a dining table and some lamps too. No complaints about anything.

Don't know if it’s any use for you but it I i got a 2 seater sofa from Tesco direct 8 years ago. 3 house moves since and one of them overseas and it’s still in great condition and couldn’t fault it.

Original Poster

mrty1 h, 3 m ago

Sofa is a year old now. Absolutely pristine. Ok the strength of that we …Sofa is a year old now. Absolutely pristine. Ok the strength of that we bought a dining table and some lamps too. No complaints about anything.

The sofa looks great! Thanks again for all your help

Original Poster

stephmcd42 m ago

Don't know if it’s any use for you but it I i got a 2 seater sofa from T …Don't know if it’s any use for you but it I i got a 2 seater sofa from Tesco direct 8 years ago. 3 house moves since and one of them overseas and it’s still in great condition and couldn’t fault it.

That is definatly useful to know - thanks very much for the info. Assuming the reviews on Tesco Direct are from people that have just taken delivery of their sofa's, so really helpful to hear from someone that's had one for a while

I ordered a corner sofa that was advertised on here from Tesco about 5 years ago. It was a faux suede cover and within a few hours the fabric started creasing as if it hadn't been stretched over the frame correctly. Ended up returning it the next day but it was all very easy and they were very helpful. Put me off supermarket sofas since then but the above comments have gone some way to making me think maybe we were just unlucky

Original Poster

adhkarzf29th Oct

I ordered a corner sofa that was advertised on here from Tesco about 5 …I ordered a corner sofa that was advertised on here from Tesco about 5 years ago. It was a faux suede cover and within a few hours the fabric started creasing as if it hadn't been stretched over the frame correctly. Ended up returning it the next day but it was all very easy and they were very helpful. Put me off supermarket sofas since then but the above comments have gone some way to making me think maybe we were just unlucky

That's really useful to know - thanks for the info

Original Poster

Thanks everyone for all the comments - feeling more confident to attempt sofa shopping again!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions