Tesco/Asda/Sainsburys online grocery drivers.... Do you tip them?

Are you supposed to?

32 Comments

I dont, thats what they get paid for!

Personally, nope.
Some of them are not polite, so I am not to them.
I dont get many tips when I service their alarms-usually a cup of tea

I dont, but my mother in law does. My opinion is its their job, but I tip taxi drivers and waitress's lol! So maybe we should?

I thought delivery drivers cant accept money though

No I don't and have been ordering groceries online since 2002.

Original Poster

Yeah, bit of an odd question probs.

Somebody told me that they did, and i was like:? maybe I'm supposed to :roll:

grex9101;5536701

Yeah, bit of an odd question probs. Somebody told me that they did, and i … Yeah, bit of an odd question probs. Somebody told me that they did, and i was like:? maybe I'm supposed to :roll:

Dustmen deserve to as they only get rubbish tips:thumbsup:

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5536684

No I don't and have been ordering groceries online since 2002.

Crikey, I wouldnt tip either if i had to wait that long:)

Original Poster

skusey;5536727

Dustmen deserve to as they only get rubbish tips:thumbsup:

http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10062/Worf_notagain.gif

Tesco drivers usually moody,Sainsbury,Waitrose & Ocado are pretty good,only shopped at Asda once and was ok too.

wonkey;5536666

+1

Original Poster

wonkey;5536666

As are taxi drivers, waiters, barstaff....

Let me guess, you don't tip them either? :roll: :-D

mmmn never used the home delivery but made me think. Gut reaction says no shouldnt tip as they are already paid by the store to do that job. Bit different to takeaway deliveries where pay arrangements may be more informal.

technically for an asda driver to accept a tip is a sackable offense-plenty of em do tho.

I tip are iceland man he is so sweet little old man

Original Poster

WoolyM;5536838

mmmn never used the home delivery but made me think. Gut reaction says no … mmmn never used the home delivery but made me think. Gut reaction says no shouldnt tip as they are already paid by the store to do that job. Bit different to takeaway deliveries where pay arrangements may be more informal.

and tax free........ :whistling:

grex9101;5536925

Yeh but if they start at nothing and rely on tips its a bit different. Or if they have to pay for the delivery scooter or something like that it makes a difference. Never done it so dont know but if its a small business rather than a chain they may not get paid the same way

nikkib123;5536836

No way!!The people I tip are waiters, bar staff, taxi drivers and … No way!!The people I tip are waiters, bar staff, taxi drivers and hairdressers and only if they have been exceptional!

jeez...some people you just cant please at all :roll:

nikkib123;5537431

I have high standards what can I say ha ha :-D

lol

grex9101;5536925

seems almost laughable compared to what MPs have been doing

supermarket delivery drivers are in breach of contract if they take any tips in the same way the checkout staff can't

yes i once tipped a tesco delivery driver......

i told him to drive faster next time as the ******* was late!:thumbsup:

As a driver for the biggest of the stores I can say I don't blame you for tipping drivers. Some of them are obviously rude and don't deserve a thank you. But, I can only talk for myself and say that it is hard work, and I do go out of my way to make sure EVERY customer is happy. I will take shopping to your kitchen or any other room, I will hold heavy trays up so you don't need to bend down, I will even drag them down streets where there is no parking and then carry them up 3 flights of stairs for you. I will literally exhaust myself just so you can get your shopping, in all weathers. Trust me I am under no obligation to do this, It is up to the driver to decide whether he wants to go higher than the 2 flights of stairs in the rules, it is up to the driver whether he takes it to your kitchen, it is up to the driver whether to deliver if he can't get parked. We are not allowed to break any driving laws or park over driveways obviously but if I didn't I would return to the depot with a full van most days. From arriving at your door to driving away we get 6 minutes, this includes parking, unloading, delivering and finding the next location. It's not a lot. If you can give the Chinese takeaway driver a quid for giving you a bag of food, a quid for taking your shopping any where you want it would be appreciated. We don't get paid loads and it's not gross misconduct or in my contract like some have said. Doing this job has enlightened me to how hard it actually is. I hope all my customers have a wonderful day.

Banned

No way, Would never get my groceries delivered,

Just lazy.

Banned

you don't tip the postman! so why a delivery driver. they are doing the same thing

No I don't tip them although I've never had a moody Tesco delivery driver, they are always cheery and polite!

I'm going to buy my Hermes lady a Christmas present this year as she is just wonderful and really goes out of her way for me.

Edit: just noticed age of thread. Oops.
Edited by: "RosieWoo" 30th Oct 2013

I only tip the female delivery drivers.

The fact they managed to get to my house without crashing is fkn amazing, they deserve the 20p.

Like this:

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/disgusted.gif

Banned

TrumanBurbank

As a driver for the biggest of the stores I can say I don't blame you for … As a driver for the biggest of the stores I can say I don't blame you for tipping drivers. Some of them are obviously rude and don't deserve a thank you. But, I can only talk for myself and say that it is hard work, and I do go out of my way to make sure EVERY customer is happy. I will take shopping to your kitchen or any other room, I will hold heavy trays up so you don't need to bend down, I will even drag them down streets where there is no parking and then carry them up 3 flights of stairs for you. I will literally exhaust myself just so you can get your shopping, in all weathers. Trust me I am under no obligation to do this, It is up to the driver to decide whether he wants to go higher than the 2 flights of stairs in the rules, it is up to the driver whether he takes it to your kitchen, it is up to the driver whether to deliver if he can't get parked. We are not allowed to break any driving laws or park over driveways obviously but if I didn't I would return to the depot with a full van most days. From arriving at your door to driving away we get 6 minutes, this includes parking, unloading, delivering and finding the next location. It's not a lot. If you can give the Chinese takeaway driver a quid for giving you a bag of food, a quid for taking your shopping any where you want it would be appreciated. We don't get paid loads and it's not gross misconduct or in my contract like some have said. Doing this job has enlightened me to how hard it actually is. I hope all my customers have a wonderful day.

Thanks for the insight. I tip the Chinese delivery so I'm definitely going to tip the shopping when it arrives. What's a quid these days anyway?

I've got a tip for some of them try washing !
Never thought of it in fact
I did tip the postlady the other day
a pack of cookies

Nice thread resurrection from 2009...

TrumanBurbank

As a driver for the biggest of the stores I can say I don't blame you for … As a driver for the biggest of the stores I can say I don't blame you for tipping drivers. Some of them are obviously rude and don't deserve a thank you. But, I can only talk for myself and say that it is hard work, and I do go out of my way to make sure EVERY customer is happy. I will take shopping to your kitchen or any other room, I will hold heavy trays up so you don't need to bend down, I will even drag them down streets where there is no parking and then carry them up 3 flights of stairs for you. I will literally exhaust myself just so you can get your shopping, in all weathers. Trust me I am under no obligation to do this, It is up to the driver to decide whether he wants to go higher than the 2 flights of stairs in the rules, it is up to the driver whether he takes it to your kitchen, it is up to the driver whether to deliver if he can't get parked. We are not allowed to break any driving laws or park over driveways obviously but if I didn't I would return to the depot with a full van most days. From arriving at your door to driving away we get 6 minutes, this includes parking, unloading, delivering and finding the next location. It's not a lot. If you can give the Chinese takeaway driver a quid for giving you a bag of food, a quid for taking your shopping any where you want it would be appreciated. We don't get paid loads and it's not gross misconduct or in my contract like some have said. Doing this job has enlightened me to how hard it actually is. I hope all my customers have a wonderful day.

Are you sure ?

Because if your username is anything to go by, nothing in your life is real

Banned

I don't tip any driver when I pay delivery charge including takeaways, if there's no delivery charge I do tip
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1633
    2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1220
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764435
    4. Anyone else used www.completesavings.co.uk11

See more discussions