Tescos cancelled click and collect items waiting instore for collection...

Found 20th Jul 2012
Lol, yesterday i went to collect something from Tesco and guess what? All the items that had been cancelled due to 'Pricing Errors' were in store for me to collect. My lawnmower was waiting for me!!
I did read here a few weeks ago that someone said to collect stuff that was cancelled as its there, they were right!!
Has anyone else done this?
Community Updates
Misc
26 Comments
Yes, same happened to me. They say refund within 3-5 business days. It doesnt happen.
You will get an email saying you cancelled the order when they have cancelled it.

In order to get any sort of redress you will need to insist of speaking to a manager as a first step.
Original Poster
I am waiting for my refund, wonder if i will get it lol
It took a month for mine to finally appear. If you take them at their word and dont chase them they will then try to blame you for not making more of a fuss.

They really are a dreadful company right now
Original Poster
Looks like we get to have the last laugh. I keep thinking of all the stuff they cancelled that i could have collected even though they said it wasnt there.
What goes around comes around.....
mymymy

Looks like we get to have the last laugh. I keep thinking of all the … Looks like we get to have the last laugh. I keep thinking of all the stuff they cancelled that i could have collected even though they said it wasnt there. What goes around comes around.....

Thats not really a loss for them as they just transfer it to the store and sell at a higher price. They are doing this on an enormous scale. All that money is sitting in an account somewhere. Thats worthwhile to a business.

It shouldnt be allowed. I think everyone it happens to should make a real noise and then just maybe they will change their practices. If their website is not fit for purpose, they should take it offline and fix it or stop trading with it.
Banned
I got an email about 9 days after I had collecting saying a 22" TV was awaiting collection. I had loads of other bits to collect (including something that should have been but wasn't), but alas their records indicated I'd already collected it.

Under normal circumstances I wouldn't have had the cheek to ask, but they have been taking money from me for personal loans too many times for me not to think retaliation isn't fair.
guv

I got an email about 9 days after I had collecting saying a 22" TV was … I got an email about 9 days after I had collecting saying a 22" TV was awaiting collection. I had loads of other bits to collect (including something that should have been but wasn't), but alas their records indicated I'd already collected it.Under normal circumstances I wouldn't have had the cheek to ask, but they have been taking money from me for personal loans too many times for me not to think retaliation isn't fair.

Sorry bit confused here. Are you saying that you got 2 teles?
Banned
WoolyM

No. I collected a TV, then 9 days later got an email saying my order was ready for collection. When I asked, they told me the date I'd collected it! X)
Original Poster
WoolyM

I was wondering that.

I have received an email telling me to collect something that i have already collected after receiving an email telling me to collect it. I didnt go back but i did wonder if i would have been able to collect it again
Original Poster
guv

No. I collected a TV, then 9 days later got an email saying my order was … No. I collected a TV, then 9 days later got an email saying my order was ready for collection. When I asked, they told me the date I'd collected it! X)

Lol, i get it. Still may be worth asking if it happens again. Tescos seem to keep stuff longer than other stores.
Original Poster
WoolyM

Thats not really a loss for them as they just transfer it to the store … Thats not really a loss for them as they just transfer it to the store and sell at a higher price. They are doing this on an enormous scale. All that money is sitting in an account somewhere. Thats worthwhile to a business.It shouldnt be allowed. I think everyone it happens to should make a real noise and then just maybe they will change their practices. If their website is not fit for purpose, they should take it offline and fix it or stop trading with it.

It is a loss for them as they tried to stop me getting the mower for half price and they would have sold it online for the full price to someone else, my gain, their loss.
rotten company, but cant complain as ive made £'s off the back of them
mymymy

It is a loss for them as they tried to stop me getting the mower for half … It is a loss for them as they tried to stop me getting the mower for half price and they would have sold it online for the full price to someone else, my gain, their loss.

Its only a gain for you if you collect the item at the sale price. If they stop you from collecting and them hold onto your money thats a gain for them.
Original Poster
WoolyM

Its only a gain for you if you collect the item at the sale price. If … Its only a gain for you if you collect the item at the sale price. If they stop you from collecting and them hold onto your money thats a gain for them.

I did, i picked up my lawnmower after they said they cancelled my order due to a pricing error. I got it for half price! I was collecting something else. I picked up other stuff i thought had been cancelled as well.
Their systems must be a complete pigs ear. How on earth do they keep track of anything?

But part of me thinks they may actually be setting out to grab customers funds or else they would take steps to resolve the problems
wonder if my stuff is there?
YEah they are dumb

few times now on missprices i have had cancellation texts butt hen confirmation emails then when i go to the store my items are there
WoolyM

Thats not really a loss for them as they just transfer it to the store … Thats not really a loss for them as they just transfer it to the store and sell at a higher price. They are doing this on an enormous scale. All that money is sitting in an account somewhere. Thats worthwhile to a business.It shouldnt be allowed. I think everyone it happens to should make a real noise and then just maybe they will change their practices. If their website is not fit for purpose, they should take it offline and fix it or stop trading with it.

Credit card merchant accounts don't work like that. They don't get the money transferred instantly and it sits in a merchant account earning zero interest while it is clearing.
Tesco do take the money even for 'cancelled' orders. Even when it is them that have done the cancelling. It does get into Tescos coffers
Banned
WoolyM

Their systems must be a complete pigs ear.

They use the same web designer as Hot UK Deals.
Original Poster
guv

They use the same web designer as Hot UK Deals.

Its not the web designer thats the problem, its Tescos greedy exec's
woah!

did anyone collect the scaletrex ?
Original Poster
v5535

woah!did anyone collect the scaletrex ?

Lol, dont say i missed something.
My greatest coup ? An activeequipment bogdanovic endorsed racket that's 25 p too steep!
Edited by: "v5535" 21st Jul 2012
i am fed up going to Tesco to collect stuff I have ordered off their website only for them to say there is no trace of it, and then days later I get a cancellation email - swines, they take ages to refund too. Mind you half the time I don't even need what I have ordered so I guess it's win/win!
WoolyM

Tesco do take the money even for 'cancelled' orders. Even when it is them … Tesco do take the money even for 'cancelled' orders. Even when it is them that have done the cancelling. It does get into Tescos coffers

had my dosh for weeks last time! they def take the...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants