Found 24th May 2011
I love things like this.... i have four to share, if anyone else has any please post. I know wev had thread like this before, but its good to keep the brain active

There are six eggs in the basket
six people each take an egg
how can it be that one egg is left in the basket?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
233 Comments

One egg was on the floor?
Or the last person took the basket with the last egg in it?
Edited by: "Mrs.Z" 24th May 2011

The last person takes the basket.

As above, simple!

Theres a chicken in the basket, and it just plopped one out.

Original Poster

yep, one person takes/owns the basket

next one,

acting on an anonymous phonecall, the police raid a house to arrest a suspected murderer.
they don't know what he looks like, but they know his name is john
inside they find a carpenter, a lorry driver, a mechanic and a fireman playing cards.
without asking his name they immediately arrest the fireman.
how do they know they've got their man??

The other three were women

the other three are women only one man

Here is one for ya, sorry this is really old

A man arrives into town on Saturday, stays just two days and then goes home on Saturday.

How is this possible?

They knew he was a fireman?

As above ...... others are women

Saturday was a horse, or something along those lines...

Original Poster

yep the other three were women
these are obv too easy, ill still post the others i have thow
[img]desmond.yfrog.com/Him…php?tn=0&server=863&filename=cupso.gif&xsize=640&ysize=640[/img]

Edited by: "tatemze" 24th May 2011

Original Poster

saturday must be his horse, but someone guessed before me, i have heard that one before

empty the secound full glass into the fith glass

civms47

Saturday was a horse, or something along those lines...

Saturday was his horse Well done fella

Original Poster

my last offering

There was once a recluse who never left his home.
There only time anyone ever visited him was when hs food or supllies were delivered. but they never came inside.
One stormy winter night when an icy gale was blowing, he had a nervous breakdown.
he went upstairs, turned off all the lights and went to bed
Next morning he woke to find he had caused the deaths of several hundred people.
why??

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

A woman is about to be executed. Since she has been a good citizen most … A woman is about to be executed. Since she has been a good citizen most of her life, the executioner gives her the option of chosing by which way she can die, no matter how bizarre, time-consuming, or costly it is. What manner of death should she choose?

old age??

whatsThePoint

A woman is about to be executed. Since she has been a good citizen most … A woman is about to be executed. Since she has been a good citizen most of her life, the executioner gives her the option of chosing by which way she can die, no matter how bizarre, time-consuming, or costly it is. What manner of death should she choose?

old age/ natural causes

headache

Original Poster

heartache??

both words begin and end with a man :P

do'h

australia it was still there, just hadnt been discovered

Original Poster

australia, just because it wasn't found doesnt mean it didnt exist

whatsThePoint

What was the biggest island in the world before the discovery of … What was the biggest island in the world before the discovery of Australia by Captain Cook?

Australia?

ham82

headache

heartache?

If you have two coins totaling 11p, and one of the coins is not a penny, what are the two coins?

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

the other one is a oenny

+1

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

A farmer has 17 sheep and all but 9 die. How many are left alive?

At 7 am a train moving at 90mph leaves Birmingham heading for London. At 8 a.m. An identical train travelling at 110 mph leaves London heading for Birmingham. Which train will be closer to London when they meet?

A man walks into a bar and asks for a glass of water,
The barman pulls a gun from under the counter and aims at the man,
The man thanks the barman and leaves.

What happened?

Original Poster

MJK94

At 7 am a train moving at 90mph leaves Birmingham heading for London. At … At 7 am a train moving at 90mph leaves Birmingham heading for London. At 8 a.m. An identical train travelling at 110 mph leaves London heading for Birmingham. Which train will be closer to London when they meet?

theyll both be the same??

thats like 'whats heavier, a ton of feathers or a ton of lead??'

Original Poster

vinnyabdn

A man walks into a bar and asks for a glass of water,The barman pulls a … A man walks into a bar and asks for a glass of water,The barman pulls a gun from under the counter and aims at the man,The man thanks the barman and leaves.What happened?

the man had hiccups

vinnyabdn

A man walks into a bar and asks for a glass of water,The barman pulls a … A man walks into a bar and asks for a glass of water,The barman pulls a gun from under the counter and aims at the man,The man thanks the barman and leaves.What happened?

water gun?

tatemze

the man had hiccups

Correct

Lounger

A man is looking at a portrait and says, 'Brothers and sisters have I none, but that man's father is my father's son.' Who's he looking at?

Original Poster

lounger? (is that a word?) or is that just me being silly

whatsThePoint

What 7 letter word becomes longer when the third letter is removed?

lounger

JonnyIrish

LoungerA man is looking at a portrait and says, 'Brothers and sisters … LoungerA man is looking at a portrait and says, 'Brothers and sisters have I none, but that man's father is my father's son.' Who's he looking at?

himself

Original Poster

JonnyIrish

LoungerA man is looking at a portrait and says, 'Brothers and sisters … LoungerA man is looking at a portrait and says, 'Brothers and sisters have I none, but that man's father is my father's son.' Who's he looking at?

himself?

arghh im too slow
that one made my head hurt

Nope, not himself
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. EA shuts down Visceral Games.45
    2. Misco about to go into administration911
    3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564104
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769249

See more discussions