Texas Church shooting leaves up to 27 dead

Found 6th Nov 2017
The madness of US gun laws rears it’s ugly head again.

Vegas shooting was 1st Oct.

Up to 27 reported dead
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
So this isnt classed as a terrorist attack. Alright then.... Hypocrisy at its finest.
Edited by: "master10" 6th Nov 2017
Trump may moan about terrorism in Europe but I'd rather live here then America.

Go to church get shot, go to a concert get shot, go to work get shot etc it seems to be endless and the numbers dead are always high
deleted265520
Graham197936 m ago

The guns for protection mentality in America works only if EVERYBODY …The guns for protection mentality in America works only if EVERYBODY carries a gun 24/7 to shoot the one nut who goes on the rampage.

Surely you are a parody account?
Edited by: "deleted265520" 6th Nov 2017
Authorities have identified Devin Kelley as the suspected church shooter. Kelley died in the aftermath of the shooting.

This vile shooting is not being described as a “Terrorist” Attack despite some similarities to ISIS inspired attackers.

1. Shooter, Who Showed Off a Photo of a Rifle on Facebook, Once Taught Bible School.

2. The Gunman Was Dressed All in Black & Wrote That He Did Not Fear Death.

Whats the difference between this and ISIS inspired terrorists?
61 Comments
Was it a legal firearm?

Very sad news from Texas, pure evil terrorising innocent people.
Trump may moan about terrorism in Europe but I'd rather live here then America.

Go to church get shot, go to a concert get shot, go to work get shot etc it seems to be endless and the numbers dead are always high
The guns for protection mentality in America works only if EVERYBODY carries a gun 24/7 to shoot the one nut who goes on the rampage.
davewave39 m ago

Was it a legal firearm?Very sad news from Texas, pure evil terrorising …Was it a legal firearm?Very sad news from Texas, pure evil terrorising innocent people.

I don’t know, but I would have thought so, although the perpetrator was discharged from the US airforce logistics readiness unit and court martialed for bad conduct. I can’t imagine that wouldn’t stop him being legally allowed to carry an AR-15 Assault rifle

32377397-iOSTI.jpg
Thoughts are with the families not time for trying to score political points
Edited by: "joanddan7" 6th Nov 2017
Graham197910 m ago

The guns for protection mentality in America works only if EVERYBODY …The guns for protection mentality in America works only if EVERYBODY carries a gun 24/7 to shoot the one nut who goes on the rampage.

So when they start shooting their automatic weapon, you have time to get your handgun out turn the safety off, aim and shoot?

Last one to draw loses mate.
Very sad world we're living in. My they all rest in peace.
deleted265520
Graham197936 m ago

Surely you are a parody account?
deleted265520
Over 300 US Mass shootings in 2017 alone.

The President will probably come out again and say this isn't the time to talk about gun laws.
So this isnt classed as a terrorist attack. Alright then.... Hypocrisy at its finest.
Edited by: "master10" 6th Nov 2017
Anyone got wealth making and happiness news and tip that they want to pass on in MiSc for a change.
militant atheist
DT896th Nov 2017

Over 300 US Mass shootings in 2017 alone.The President will probably come …Over 300 US Mass shootings in 2017 alone.The President will probably come out again and say this isn't the time to talk about gun laws.

Even if Trump did so, it would achieve nothing, for even Obama during his eight years attempt to disarm America made very little headway. Remove the guns from public ownership and there will still be far too many guns in America. I do not believe that this will in any way hinder someone from illegally possessing a firearm and killing multitudes of people. Guns are being shipped into America by terrorists and others who want to undermine the country.
master108 m ago

So this isnt classed as a terrorist attack. Alright then.... Hypocrisy at …So this isnt classed as a terrorist attack. Alright then.... Hypocrisy at its finest.

Master10, what was the political or social objective please?

Once that fact has been established then its classed as terrorism.

The U.S. Code of Federal Regulations defines terrorism as "the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives"
master1011 m ago

So this isnt classed as a terrorist attack. Alright then.... Hypocrisy at …So this isnt classed as a terrorist attack. Alright then.... Hypocrisy at its finest.

It’s obvious that it’s a “terror attack”, but a “terrorist attack” is something different, unless you have inside knowledge that he was a member of some terrorist organisation.
Segata-Sanshiro48 m ago

So when they start shooting their automatic weapon, you have time to get …So when they start shooting their automatic weapon, you have time to get your handgun out turn the safety off, aim and shoot?Last one to draw loses mate.

By that time, you've shot yourself in the leg, the wife's shot the kids and the police have shot anyone with a tan.
Authorities have identified Devin Kelley as the suspected church shooter. Kelley died in the aftermath of the shooting.

This vile shooting is not being described as a “Terrorist” Attack despite some similarities to ISIS inspired attackers.

1. Shooter, Who Showed Off a Photo of a Rifle on Facebook, Once Taught Bible School.

2. The Gunman Was Dressed All in Black & Wrote That He Did Not Fear Death.

Whats the difference between this and ISIS inspired terrorists?
davewave4 m ago

Master10, what was the political or social objective please?Once that fact …Master10, what was the political or social objective please?Once that fact has been established then its classed as terrorism.The U.S. Code of Federal Regulations defines terrorism as "the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives"

As above
master106 m ago

Authorities have identified Devin Kelley as the suspected church shooter. …Authorities have identified Devin Kelley as the suspected church shooter. Kelley died in the aftermath of the shooting.This vile shooting is not being described as a “Terrorist” Attack despite some similarities to ISIS inspired attackers. 1. Shooter, Who Showed Off a Photo of a Rifle on Facebook, Once Taught Bible School.2. The Gunman Was Dressed All in Black & Wrote That He Did Not Fear Death.Whats the difference between this and ISIS inspired terrorists?

What’s the difference?
Everything, given that he wasn’t a member of a terrorist organisation. Until we know otherwise, we should not make assumptions based on personal ideology. It does seem to me that you hold ISIS in high regard because you are the only one comparing them with this person.
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 6th Nov 2017
master1011 m ago

Authorities have identified Devin Kelley as the suspected church shooter. …Authorities have identified Devin Kelley as the suspected church shooter. Kelley died in the aftermath of the shooting.This vile shooting is not being described as a “Terrorist” Attack despite some similarities to ISIS inspired attackers. 1. Shooter, Who Showed Off a Photo of a Rifle on Facebook, Once Taught Bible School.2. The Gunman Was Dressed All in Black & Wrote That He Did Not Fear Death.Whats the difference between this and ISIS inspired terrorists?

The end result is the same but the motives are different. I don't believe Kelley's motives were part of a larger campaign to strike fear into the hearts of millions of people around the world.
I could be wrong though.
Was mentioned on tv that there have been more Americans killed with guns on their own streets and homes than in all the wars they have ever fought in. Mind boggling .
master1014 m ago

The U.S. Code of Federal Regulations defines terrorism as "the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives"

What's the political or social objective please,?

As I explained to you, this does not yet qualify as a terrorist attack afaik, but you seem aggrieved about the classification.

A 2 year old child died, but you seem obsessed with the classification of terrorism, despite this attack failing the test - do you understand what the above rule means?
deleted79467
Predikuesi54 m ago

Even if Trump did so, it would achieve nothing, for even Obama during his …Even if Trump did so, it would achieve nothing, for even Obama during his eight years attempt to disarm America made very little headway. Remove the guns from public ownership and there will still be far too many guns in America. I do not believe that this will in any way hinder someone from illegally possessing a firearm and killing multitudes of people. Guns are being shipped into America by terrorists and others who want to undermine the country.

i read an article about how the mexican drug cartels source their weapons from the usa
mattmerch5 m ago

i read an article about how the mexican drug cartels source their weapons …i read an article about how the mexican drug cartels source their weapons from the usa

I don’t doubt that.
plodging1 h, 29 m ago

Was mentioned on tv that there have been more Americans killed with guns …Was mentioned on tv that there have been more Americans killed with guns on their own streets and homes than in all the wars they have ever fought in. Mind boggling .

That sounds unlikely if they are including ww1, ww2, Korea, Vietnam and the Iraq campaigns.
Does the civil war count?
Destard11 m ago

That sounds unlikely if they are including ww1, ww2, Korea, Vietnam and …That sounds unlikely if they are including ww1, ww2, Korea, Vietnam and the Iraq campaigns.Does the civil war count?

Apparently it is true, that is only counting gun related deaths since 1968.

Just to add, this includes suicide.
Edited by: "CoeK" 6th Nov 2017
mattmerch1 h, 4 m ago

i read an article about how the mexican drug cartels source their weapons …i read an article about how the mexican drug cartels source their weapons from the usa

Alot of handguns here come from American bases, theres no questions asked at customs about shipments to army bases
deleted265520
Predikuesi2 h, 26 m ago

Even if Trump did so, it would achieve nothing, for even Obama during his …Even if Trump did so, it would achieve nothing, for even Obama during his eight years attempt to disarm America made very little headway. Remove the guns from public ownership and there will still be far too many guns in America. I do not believe that this will in any way hinder someone from illegally possessing a firearm and killing multitudes of people. Guns are being shipped into America by terrorists and others who want to undermine the country.

Guns are being shipped into America by terrorists?

Hmm not too sure about that. Yes, a very small percentage and probably to do with weapons smugglers not terrorists but the vast majority of guns are purchased legally within the country. In fact as others have pointed out often it is the other way around - criminals from other countries illegally obtaining guns from USA.

You're having an absolute giggle if you think outlawing the sale of guns won't drastically reduce these mass shootings. It will take time but if some sort of amnesty was forced on the public it would work. Anyone in possession of a gun after x amount of time would be considered breaking the law. You'd see a drastic decline in mass shootings over a period of a few years.
Destard42 m ago

That sounds unlikely if they are including ww1, ww2, Korea, Vietnam and …That sounds unlikely if they are including ww1, ww2, Korea, Vietnam and the Iraq campaigns.Does the civil war count?

Deffo what the tv guy said though . Story in the independant also 1.5 million casualties in USA in last 50 years compared to 1.2 in wars . Was an nbc story originally
Edited by: "plodging" 6th Nov 2017
DT896th Nov 2017

Guns are being shipped into America by terrorists?Hmm not too sure about …Guns are being shipped into America by terrorists?Hmm not too sure about that. Yes, a very small percentage and probably to do with weapons smugglers not terrorists but the vast majority of guns are purchased legally within the country. In fact as others have pointed out often it is the other way around - criminals from other countries illegally obtaining guns from USA.You're having an absolute giggle if you think outlawing the sale of guns won't drastically reduce these mass shootings. It will take time but if some sort of amnesty was forced on the public it would work. Anyone in possession of a gun after x amount of time would be considered breaking the law. You'd see a drastic decline in mass shootings over a period of a few years.

Imho they don't need to outlaw guns they can keep the right to bare arms and be safer,. The law makers wrote it in a time of single shot muskets they never envisioned the automatic weapons they allow today with sniper scopes etc.

That man in vagas would never have been able to do what he did with a single or double barrel shot gun ( not pump action), a basic hunting rifle or a six shooter
deleted265520
Segata-Sanshiro15 m ago

Imho they don't need to outlaw guns they can keep the right to bare arms …Imho they don't need to outlaw guns they can keep the right to bare arms and be safer,. The law makers wrote it in a time of single shot muskets they never envisioned the automatic weapons they allow today with sniper scopes etc.That man in vagas would never have been able to do what he did with a single or double barrel shot gun ( not pump action), a basic hunting rifle or a six shooter

The best way to go about it is to outlaw every firearm except those with specific licenses as it is in this country.

If you let people have single shot rifles or shotguns there will still be smaller scale shootings and just as much chance for a toddler to get their hands on it.
DT896th Nov 2017

The best way to go about it is to outlaw every firearm except those with …The best way to go about it is to outlaw every firearm except those with specific licenses as it is in this country.If you let people have single shot rifles or shotguns there will still be smaller scale shootings and just as much chance for a toddler to get their hands on it.

It would be no different to people stabbing others, its the numbers they manage to kill so fast that is the problem. They are a big hunter nation similar to canada and france, i accept that and think they should be allowed that, also they have bears and cougars etc thry should be able to defend themselves if they need to, you only need a couple of shots for defending yourself and if you need a magazine of 30+to hunt a dear you need to practice
plodging1 h, 21 m ago

Deffo what the tv guy said though . Story in the independant also 1.5 …Deffo what the tv guy said though . Story in the independant also 1.5 million casualties in USA in last 50 years compared to 1.2 in wars . Was an nbc story originally

I had a quick look, it was accurate but it did include suicide which is a large percentage of the deaths.
deleted265520
Segata-Sanshiro54 m ago

It would be no different to people stabbing others, its the numbers they …It would be no different to people stabbing others, its the numbers they manage to kill so fast that is the problem. They are a big hunter nation similar to canada and france, i accept that and think they should be allowed that, also they have bears and cougars etc thry should be able to defend themselves if they need to, you only need a couple of shots for defending yourself and if you need a magazine of 30+to hunt a dear you need to practice

No - hunting should also be outlawed.
There should be very limited and rare cases where anyone is allowed any sort of firearm.

Not sure we are going to agree on this one considering your (strange) stance that it should be legal to carry swords in public.
I'm with error on this, they should keep their right to carry arms, but there is no need for the automatic and high caliber weapons.
DT896th Nov 2017

No - hunting should also be outlawed.There should be very limited and rare …No - hunting should also be outlawed.There should be very limited and rare cases where anyone is allowed any sort of firearm.

Which will never happen in the states, they love their culture of hunting and fishing and for those living in remote areas its often the only reliable source of meat.
davewave4 h, 48 m ago

"you seem aggrieved about the classification. A 2 year old child died, but …"you seem aggrieved about the classification. A 2 year old child died, but you seem obsessed with the classification of terrorism"

That's a very good point.

In view of everything that's involved here why would anyone be so upset/obsessed with what this evil is classed as?

What is going on in that mind?

Are they trying to say it's somehow 'unfair' to class one action as terrorism, but not another, so in their opinion that's unfair to ISIS?
tryn2help3 m ago

That's a very good point.In view of everything that's involved here why …That's a very good point.In view of everything that's involved here why would anyone be so upset/obsessed with what this evil is classed as?What is going on in that mind? Are they trying to say it's somehow 'unfair' to class one action as terrorism, but not another, so in their opinion that's unfair to ISIS?

I've seen them do this same argument on a few of these types of threads. No idea why they always have an agenda.
CoeK53 m ago

I've seen them do this same argument on a few of these types of threads. …I've seen them do this same argument on a few of these types of threads. No idea why they always have an agenda.

It's as if they have some warped idea that ISIS are somehow the victims of some sort of discrimination; almost trying to make a point of 'ISIS aren't the only ones murdering innocents' - in the twisted belief that that fact will somehow lessen or even make acceptable the evil carried out by ISIS.
Segata-Sanshiro10 h, 22 m ago

So when they start shooting their automatic weapon, you have time to get …So when they start shooting their automatic weapon, you have time to get your handgun out turn the safety off, aim and shoot?Last one to draw loses mate.

I assume he didn't shoot everybody at the same time, who knows, but the carrying firearms related to everybody carrying them at all times not just home safety.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants