TfL to suspend the Congestion Charge and the Ultra Low Emission Zone from Monday (please only use if a critical worker or for business)

Expert (Beta)6
Posted 20th Mar
**Please only use this if you are a critical worker and commuting for work or need to travel for business purposes. This is NOT intended for tourism / social activities etc.., ** Posting in freebies as more people may see this although please move this to misc if you feel appropriate moderators

Message from Sadiq Khan:

People should not be travelling, by any means, unless they really have to. London's roads should now only be used for essential journeys. To help our critical workers get to work and for essential deliveries to take place, I have instructed TfL to temporarily suspend the Congestion Charge, ULEZ and Low Emission Zone from Monday.

This is not an invitation to take to your cars. To save lives we need the roads clear for ambulances, doctors, nurses and other critical workers. This is an unprecedented time and I know Londoners are doing everything they can to look after each other. I continue to urge all Londoners to follow the advice of public health authorities and not leave their homes unless it is absolutely essential.

Source
Community Updates

Groups

6 Comments
H
Regarding the title on the thread, is this confirmed or are you stating they should.
If confirmed please provide source. If the latter what is the point in your thread?

Don't think they should.

Roads are clear and emergency services are able to use bus lane as priority. We need to consider the community as well as the climate.
rimalpatel00720/03/2020 21:54

Regarding the title on the thread, is this confirmed or are you stating …Regarding the title on the thread, is this confirmed or are you stating they should. If confirmed please provide source. If the latter what is the point in your thread?Don't think they should. Roads are clear and emergency services are able to use bus lane as priority. We need to consider the community as well as the climate.

There's a link in their opening post.
I think it'd be better to leave the charge but always key workers to claim back (any time in the next 12 months). More people are already using cars now as it is so might just take advantage of this. But equally, TFL are probably just needing to cut admin time taken processing these. They have other priorities right now.
Edited by: "ziggycj" 21st Mar
ziggycj21/03/2020 01:23

I think it'd be better to leave the charge but always key workers to claim …I think it'd be better to leave the charge but always key workers to claim back (any time in the next 12 months). More people are already using cars now as it is so might just take advantage of this. But equally, TFL are probably just needing to cut admin time taken processing these. They have other priorities right now.

This is a better option. We have already demonstrated that we cannot be trusted when it comes to following safety instructions.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants