TFV8 Baby, burn taste even on new coil

LocalFound 9th Mar 2017
Hey, basically every-time I put a new coil in my baby beast tank it tastes burnt and I get and get a bad throat hit. The coil is primed and i start on a low wattage and build up. The e liquid is 70/30 and 3mg. Could the tank itself be finished. Thanks for any help
Community Updates
AskChildcare
20 Comments
Might be the liquid itself. Have you tried using other liquids at all?
I haven't had this problem on this tank, but have on others. The coil needs to be saturated well (at least half an hour, more if you can) also try pricking the cotton with a needle to aid wicking. Run liquid around the top of the coil and also prime the cotton directly though the holes. Hope that helps.:)
may have a bad batch of coils. are the coils wattage or temp control. never prime mine just leave them to soak in the juice for 5 minutes before vaping.
Used the oil before and it was great. The coils are the V8 Baby T8. Still getting the weird taste even tho I've saturated it extensively. Might look into getting the TFV8 Beast
I use the baby beast - was using the octo-coils. Have found all of the coils for this tank to be amongst the most reliable - although they last a week max. (Have found the Hexa-coils to be the best for me at around 75W).

What are you running it at? You mention starting low and building up - but I found that despite what it said on the coil - most often 80-90W was the uppermost before performance suffered and above this is was too easy (if chain vaping) to overheat and burn the cotton immediately around the coils.

Daft question - but have you cleaned the tank out (all elements including the metal pipe running from the coil to the drip tip) since the original coils burned?

Mine need around 5 minutes to soak before use (80/20 VG/PG) - and as a precautionary measure I close the airflow and breathe in a couple of times to pull it through.

If it is happening on multiple coils - you either have a bad juice or the wicking is not happening properly. The tank is just glass and a couple of bits of metal - so short of springing a leak - should not affect your vape taste. Also - what was your previous tank? As is possible this one needs a greater or lesser 'pull' on the drip tip to get the right flow across the coil.

Final question - is assuming your 70/30 is with a VG bias - is your juice cold? As this increases the density and reduces the wicking.
One more..... have you locked the resistance in on your mod correctly when you install the new coil? These are non-temp control coils - but even so more recent mods need the resistance locked in before use. That said you may not have this function.
smileyadam

One more..... have you locked the resistance in on your mod correctly … One more..... have you locked the resistance in on your mod correctly when you install the new coil? These are non-temp control coils - but even so more recent mods need the resistance locked in before use. That said you may not have this function.

Thanks for taking the time to help. Yeah I've tried all the above, cleaned it throughly and let it soak in for at least 30 minutes after I saturated it. I run it about 60-70 watts usually. I have no idea whats wrong, it could be the oil but I'm not too sure. I'll give it another whirl and see what happens. Thanks again
just to add have tried many tanks finally settled on the aspire triton 2. coil lasts about a month heavy usage no leaks top filling large capacity
Weird.... Hopefully it will sort for you - is an awesome tank when working (we migrated from the Cleito) - even the two coil variant is good.

Good luck!
So found out it was a bad batch of juice I was using, anyone recommended quality juice online, don't mind paying a bit more money on the liquid if its quality. Thanks
Aaron5397

So found out it was a bad batch of juice I was using, anyone recommended … So found out it was a bad batch of juice I was using, anyone recommended quality juice online, don't mind paying a bit more money on the liquid if its quality. Thanks

​I normally go with rejuiced or vapegoo. Both cheap as chips and taste wonderful.
Aaron5397

So found out it was a bad batch of juice I was using, anyone recommended … So found out it was a bad batch of juice I was using, anyone recommended quality juice online, don't mind paying a bit more money on the liquid if its quality. Thanks

Rejuiced.eu . Wait until Monday night/Tuesday morning as they release a new juice of the week at that time half price.
usually £1.25/10ml.

Top stuff
A +1 here for vapegoo - our selection of ADV come from there - prices have increased slightly to cover costs of TPD compliance - but still once of the best value per £ on the market.

Aaron5397

vampirevape is the best I've used, not cheap though

best for cheap quality juice is rejuiced.eu from my experience
Don't know but was just researching my tank is the same bad taste no matter what try. My husband's is great .I just think some tanks are bad
I am having the same. Problem with baby east mesh coil. The other coils I cannot even taste anything. The new mesh are great or so I thought I had bought 3 coils in one week. Same thing after 2 days it burns my throat badly!! Thinking about giving up vaping. It was cheaper than cigarettes but it is getting costly with coil. Changing soo fast and juices are expensive also. But I am hooked on vaping it been 6 years since I started vali g and quit cigarettes. I do not understand this burning sooo fast. I don't chain vape. I do vape regularly
Thanks Jackie
My big baby t8 quad coils keep breaking! I just put one in a few hours ago and the top cap broke apart from the actual coils. The same thing happened last night and they both tasted burnt the second i put them back together. The coil i have now is only a few hours old and has maybe half an hour of actual usage on it and it split apart and now it tastes burnt and the cotton is still white as paper. Can anybody help? I'm short on money and this coil has to last me 2 days. Also i'm using 6ml nicotine if that makes a difference.
Can anyone help me when I press an pull the smoke doeycomes out it worked before an now I don’t know what’s wrong with it please help
Can anyone help Me? I put a new coil in and I primed it and waited. It was vaping perfect for one day and then it started to taste burnt. I even put a needle through the cotton when I was wicking it ????
If you're using a Beast tank and you find yourself needing to change the coil at least once per day my advice is to stop wasting your time and money and get a new tank. I was going through at least a coil a day, sometimes more until I figured out it was the coil and not something I was doing or not doing. I'm now using a Cleito tank and coils last more than a week, at the very least.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants