Thank you

Posted 23rd MarEdited by:"cheekyweegit"
As the Prime Minister announces a full lock down on the country for at least the next three weeks I just wanted to say thank you in advance to a few people......

The civil servants who are going into the office to try and make sure your benefits are still being paid.

Please be patient if trying to phone.

They are trying to set up a network of home workers to help.

They are classified as key workers yet this is not publicised. I take my hat off to each and everyone of you.

Shop staff from the shelf stacker, checkout operator to delivery driver. It must be heartbreaking watching what you need to buy for your own family fly off the shelves when you have barely started your shift

This includes your local corner shops. Especially when they are often opening earlier and staying open later.

Bank staff, if you can use a bank card instead of visiting the bank please do it. Contactless is a small amazing invention.

Of course the wonderful NHS staff and carers officially in care homes and those who watch out for our vulnerable friends and family.

There is no way I can mention everyone but I wanted to recognise a few unsung heros in my book.

I feel quite emotional having typed this

Thank you all once again & stay safe.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Was waiting eagerly for the announced lick down
18 Comments
And the other workers in the care homes such as housekeepers I was one and I can’t imagine the work that has to be done now.
Thanks for the daily update. I expected it at 5.00pm but better late than never
I just feel there are so many unsung heros in this who need to also be recognised and this is my way of doing it.
Mechtup23/03/2020 22:12

And the other workers in the care homes such as housekeepers I was one …And the other workers in the care homes such as housekeepers I was one and I can’t imagine the work that has to be done now.

Can I also add pharmacists and prison workers too

The prisons will be even tougher to work in with no visits which many in mattress live for.
Edited by: "cheekyweegit" 23rd Mar
Is there still the contactless (under £30) rule where you need to use PIN and card slot on the 6th wave ? (or if reach £127 accumulative)

reaching that limit more often as need to goose chase for groceries
Edited by: "ChuckTheDuck" 23rd Mar
ChuckTheDuck23/03/2020 22:22

Is there still the contactless (under £30) rule where you need to use PIN …Is there still the contactless (under £30) rule where you need to use PIN and card slot on the 6th wave ? (or if reach £127 accumulative)

Was thinking the same thing today. Surely they will raise the limit to £50
ChuckTheDuck23/03/2020 22:22

Is there still the contactless (under £30) rule where you need to use PIN …Is there still the contactless (under £30) rule where you need to use PIN and card slot on the 6th wave ? (or if reach £127 accumulative)reaching that limit more often as need to goose chase for groceries

I've never had this - use contactless all the time, and don't htink I've ever had to switch to PIN.
alg23/03/2020 22:26

I've never had this - use contactless all the time, and don't htink I've …I've never had this - use contactless all the time, and don't htink I've ever had to switch to PIN.

if you hit no.6 it declines unless use PIN. Was hoping relaxed so not using pooey pad
ChuckTheDuck23/03/2020 22:27

if you hit no.6 it declines unless use PIN. Was hoping relaxed so not …if you hit no.6 it declines unless use PIN. Was hoping relaxed so not using pooey pad

As I say - use contactless all the time. I've never had to use the PIN number. Wonder if it's cos I use my phone a lot to pay for things?
alg23/03/2020 22:31

As I say - use contactless all the time. I've never had to use the PIN …As I say - use contactless all the time. I've never had to use the PIN number. Wonder if it's cos I use my phone a lot to pay for things?

might be as you log into phone
40172592.jpg

40172592-T9yjb.jpg
Edited by: "ashmac" 23rd Mar
Big thanks to Greggs. Forgot my bank card but gave me a free coffee for being essential worker.
Great how everyone pulls together in this time.
ashmac23/03/2020 22:35

[Image]

there has been stories of people coughing on goods for social media, licking poles and goods, being under influence etc.
Adao23/03/2020 22:13

Now edited. Darn predictive text and fat fingers.

Did make me smile when the penny finally dropped
Edited by: "cheekyweegit" 23rd Mar
ChuckTheDuck23/03/2020 22:42

there has been stories of people coughing on goods for social media, …there has been stories of people coughing on goods for social media, licking poles and goods, being under influence etc.

Those caught doing that should be charged with culpable homicide / attempted murder.

I have no publishable words for people like this.
UK finance announcing contactless card spending limit to rise to £45 from 1 April, to reduce contact due to #COVIDー19, though individual retailers may take longer to process. Of course contactless limits often don't apply for payments via mobiles.

twitter.com/Mar…042
ChuckTheDuck23/03/2020 22:54

UK finance announcing contactless card spending limit to rise to £45 from …UK finance announcing contactless card spending limit to rise to £45 from 1 April, to reduce contact due to #COVIDー19, though individual retailers may take longer to process. Of course contactless limits often don't apply for payments via mobiles.https://twitter.com/MartinSLewis/status/1242173131130839042

Should have been that anyway if not higher, £30 was always low and i don't think its changed since introduction even with inflation and higher average spending
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants