Groups

Thank you Mr Taxman

If you've been unemployed in the last 6 years ask kind Mr Taxman to check your details, cuz the blinkin DWP who should do it for you dont, as I found out, so the nice man checked back an I get £ back from 2005-2006 and last year.

Be carefull tho cuz he can also charge you if you underpaid

25 Comments

what were you getting taxed on then?

Original Poster

The salary from when I was working, if you have a short time out of work you will prob have ova paid your tax for that year. There is a calculator on their website

Banned

I'm waiting for my £192.14, i need it to pay off some debts.

I had a lot of faffing to get it though, letters backwards and forwards.

Telephone calls backwards and forwards.

They work at least 3 weeks behind, damn useless.

They take it from you quickly but don't like giving overpayments back.

Original Poster

DLM;2673018

I'm waiting for my £192.14, i need it to pay off some debts.I had a lot … I'm waiting for my £192.14, i need it to pay off some debts.I had a lot of faffing to get it though, letters backwards and forwards.Telephone calls backwards and forwards.They work at least 3 weeks behind, damn useless.They take it from you quickly but don't like giving overpayments back.

Only 3 weeks you jammy devil, took em 6 weeks for me :roll:

no debts yet but seriously runnin short now :x

hi i have been made redundant twice in 3 years so i am getting excited whats the website to do the calculator

I thought they did it for you. I am sure I am due some back as I worked full time for 6 months and was paying the highest rate of tax and then went back part time.

i would grateful for the link too

Banned

keli;2673373

hi i have been made redundant twice in 3 years so i am getting excited … hi i have been made redundant twice in 3 years so i am getting excited whats the website to do the calculator

Oh dear, sorry to hear about that, good luck with the Tax Rebate :thumbsup:

Banned

fireheaven;2673409

I thought they did it for you. I am sure I am due some back as I worked … I thought they did it for you. I am sure I am due some back as I worked full time for 6 months and was paying the highest rate of tax and then went back part time.i would grateful for the link too

All i can find, is this:-

dwp.gov.uk/

Good luck with it :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Sorry thort it was in my favs but I cat find it grrrr :oops:

I'll keep lookin

i got my job seekers stopped because i quit my job 2 months ago

Banned

dandoc2;2674064

Don't you, just love the JC :x

Banned

happy donkey;2674108

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/practitioners/tools-more.shtml Lots of … http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/practitioners/tools-more.shtml Lots of toolshttp://payecalculator.hmrc.gov.uk/PAYE0.aspx this is it I think best of luck I'm gettin bored of bein made redundant too, gets harder after 50 :xsorry it took so long

You'll find something, my gran work's at a charity shop twice a week, to fill some time.

It would also look good on your CV, that you haven't just sat on your BS.

why not get a job u lazy bum

ignore if u dont work cos of health/disability

Original Poster

DLM;2674166

Yeah ! wat a dump and you get treated so nicely :roll:

and what an effort to get travel to interveiw,

Fings xed for the post this week

DLM;2674166

I think the actual job seekers section is a disgrace they made no attempt to help me i was in and out - i know its me thats looking for the job but some people need help in doing so and all i felt like was a number - plus £46 isnt enought to live on a week - thank god i lived with my parents

bigbob909;2674188

why not get a job u lazy bumignore if u dont work cos of health/disability

Im trying to get a job jeez its not as easy as you think- they say oh look for a job while in a job yer that works when you work 46 hours a week and sleep all day on your day off - sent off for a pack for a general porter/post room operative working in a hospital awaiting that as job sounds quite good

Original Poster

bigbob909;2674188

why not get a job u lazy bumignore if u dont work cos of health/disability

Ignoring

Banned

dandoc2;2674196

I think the actual job seekers section is a disgrace they made no … I think the actual job seekers section is a disgrace they made no attempt to help me i was in and out - i know its me thats looking for the job but some people need help in doing so and all i felt like was a number - plus £46 isnt enought to live on a week - thank god i lived with my parents

I can't claim a penny because my bf has a good job :x

Banned

DLM;2674218

I can't claim a penny because my bf has a good job :x

That should make no difference at all to claiming JSA. I claimed for 6 months and my GF has a good job.

Banned

dandoc2;2674064

So you were claiming JSA when working then?

Banned

I recently got back £1800 tax overpayment for 06/07 tax year.

Now I just need to try and get back my overpaid NI (I have sent 3 letters and 3 phone calls in 6 months but still get "we're looking into it". If only they were that slow when you owe them money!). USELESS!

Banned

csiman;2675158

That should make no difference at all to claiming JSA. I claimed for 6 … That should make no difference at all to claiming JSA. I claimed for 6 months and my GF has a good job.

Sorry, did not mention, i had my six month's last year.

Banned

I've just noticed, when they sent the letter to me, telling me that i was getting a rebate (God knows, why they can't just send me the cheque and save on postage).

They have also sent me another person's P60 back, she earned a good whack last year, lucky b.

The letter is addressed to me, thankfully.

Banned

I got my cheque this morning, whoopie :-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Good Sim only deals??510
      2. Tiny white mites in bedroom and living room HELP333549
      3. Now tv entertainment passes11
      4. Best laptop for a budget of £700?22

See more discussions