Groups

thank you present ideas

i was stabbed last week while on a night out and need ideas for thankyou gifts for my best friend and sister who was with me and also for my 15 year old daughter who has been a diamond ... i dont have much money so am going on meaning rather than budget,,, but dues to medication i cant even think but needs to be special... please help

39 Comments

Wow, that's horrible, I'm pleased you're ok and hope you keep on the road to recovery.
    No idea what you can get them but I'm sure just the fact you are there for them is present enough.

1st off i hope you and your family are coping well and as for suggestions simple things like flowers or a card with lovely meaning and words x

Banned

I think you should just say im still here for all of you.. and i love you with all my heart for staying with me through this difficult time and treat em to a takeaway and a film so you can have a good time

wow...oO

Maybe an orchid if you're going to do flowers, they last a few months and if you look after them they can grow back. About £9.99 for a large one from Tescos or M&S.
    Or you could have a thank you meal at your house - takeaway if you aren't up to it but a meal could be nice. Or a trip for all of you to the cinema, won't be too exhausting for you and I'm sure you can find something all you want to watch.
    Or maybe a nice photo of you with your friends?

I'm soz deleting first post. Poor taste. Where you from?

safx41

I think you should just say im still here for all of you.. and i love you … I think you should just say im still here for all of you.. and i love you with all my heart for staying with me through this difficult time and treat em to a takeaway and a film so you can have a good time

We must be psychic, I was just thinking if she lived in Manchester area THIS would be ideal

Original Poster

my daughter has shocked me and my family with how strong and grown up she i being... no one else is allowed to look after me she is doing it all... she has not left my side even while i was in hospital.. my sister and best friend... the looks on their faces i ill never forget.... i just need sommat little they can keep so the always know how much i love them all

Original Poster

im from portsmouth ... i love the photo idea .. all 4 of us ... will be a great reminder

You could maybe get 4 matching necklaces, something like hot diamonds do nice ones which aren't too expensive.

Edit: I'm not sure if too expensive, but Debenhams have a sale on at the moment, these are some Hot Diamond necklaces, and I think you might be able to get a furrther 10% off, free delivery and topcashback.
    £44
    http://debenhams.scene7.com/is-viewers/dhtml/images/spacer.gif

£52

£44

i,m lost now why would you want a reminder lying around to look at? it would only remember you of what happened?

Original Poster

a reminder of how much they have all been there for me an how much i love them... not of what happened

xxsarahtxx

a reminder of how much they have all been there for me an how much i love … a reminder of how much they have all been there for me an how much i love them... not of what happened

which would be easier to send perishable gifts rather than longer lasting as it makes it easier.

Original Poster

no one will ever forget it i have 5 inch slash on my chest and 2 on my stomach... so a reminder of how wonderfull my daughter has been kinda takes away some of that

DLM

Is this … Is this you:-http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/newshome/Woman-stabbed-in-the-toilets.6655205.jpHope you make a full recovery soon.

DLM

Is this … Is this you:-[url=http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/newshome/Woman-stabbed-in-the-toilets.6655205.jp]http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/newshome/Woman-stabbed-in-the-toilets.6655205.jp[/url]Hope you make a full recovery soon.

Goodness thats terrible! Hope you make a full recovery

How about a special bracelet each? Or if money is very tight then like sicklysweet said a photo of the four of you in a nice frame each would be a nice gift

blimey.. hope your on the mend now. i like the necklace idea suggested above. small and simple

You don't have to spend much, you could get these frames for your sister and friend with a nice photo, in addition give them a heartfelt letter.

Sister Frame

Friend Frame

Your daughter sounds like a great young lady, when your up to it and have a bit of extra funds take her out for a spa day so you can both relax.

Original Poster

yeah thats me... they had the injuries kinda mixed up tho .. the chest one was not deep but long was he stomach ones that was severe... thankyou all for your kind words

i might go for lockets with a pic of me one side and them the other... that way the keepsake and a pic

DLM

Is this … Is this you:-[url=http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/newshome/Woman-stabbed-in-the-toilets.6655205.jp]http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/newshome/Woman-stabbed-in-the-toilets.6655205.jp[/url]Hope you make a full recovery soon.

Inspector Clouseau got nowt on you DLM.
    Ps, I'm gutted you didn't name one of your hens after me

Original Poster

my daughtes been so strong ... she stayed t the hospital the entre time ... even came into the toilet with me when i had a panic attack .... helped me dress and undess ... she showed just how grown up she is now but i could still see he fear in her eyes even tho she wouldntshow it....

oh and she grounded me

Make a claim for criminal injuries. cica.gov.uk/

If successfull you could do something nice with the money.

How about a charm bracelet with a charm on it that will remind them of you.

Banned

xxsarahtxx

yeah thats me... they had the injuries kinda mixed up tho .. the chest … yeah thats me... they had the injuries kinda mixed up tho .. the chest one was not deep but long was he stomach ones that was severe... thankyou all for your kind wordsi might go for lockets with a pic of me one side and them the other... that way the keepsake and a pic

Try to forget about it and have the best christmas ever.

Banned

deek72

Inspector Clouseau got nowt on you DLM. Ps, I'm gutted you didn't name … Inspector Clouseau got nowt on you DLM. Ps, I'm gutted you didn't name one of your hens after me

I just googled stabbed portsmouth

The names have been chosen by my bf and friend.

havent got any gift ideas but hope u are recovery well

Take them all out to watch a film, and have a pizza after.

Ps,sorry to hear what happened to you.

This is awful! Was it just a random attack by drunken thugs? Get well soon and im sure you will enjoy xmas appreciating life more xxx

Original Poster

parisp

This is awful! Was it just a random attack by drunken thugs? Get well … This is awful! Was it just a random attack by drunken thugs? Get well soon and im sure you will enjoy xmas appreciating life more xxx

police say looks like they was just after my bag... but they was caught running away on cctv and found very quickly.. they had blood on them... so should be open n shut case

I cant believe people today....this is sick! Glad your hear to tell ya story....hope they rot in jail xx

good luck with your recovery, so sorry this happened to you.

You Didn’t Have To

Thank you for what you did;
    You didn’t have to do it.
    I’m glad someone like you
    Could help me to get through it.

I’ll always think of you
    With a glad and grateful heart;
    You are very special;
    I knew it from the start!

By Joanna Fuchs
    webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:XTscBp5RpjcJ:poemsource.com/tha…ou-

Hissy Miss

Make a claim for criminal injuries. http://www.cica.gov.uk/

You should definatly do that.

tinkerbell28

God that's awful. That said that bloody walkabout needs shutting down, it … God that's awful. That said that bloody walkabout needs shutting down, it seems to be the only pub in porstmouth that constantly has serious assaults like it.Hope you recover well.

Wasnt it walkabout which that Marine was beaten to death by Army guys?
    I used to love that walkabout, but had already left there by later in night so didnt see many fights.
    OP i hope you recover quick and have a great christmas xx

^^^^ I think that poem is well suited to your daughter and family

Yep its always dodgy over at the guildhall walk... so many reports of this kind of stuff lately. Too many idiots who think they can handle their beer, too many muppets who go out with the sole intention of hurting someone.

Get well soon

Banned

Sounds like the police need to do more patrolling at night in Portsmouth.

Get well soon.

Truly awful. Your daughter sounds like a star, you must be so proud of her.
    I am sure they are all just glad you are alive after the attack.

Original Poster

chalkysoil

You Didn’t Have ToThank you for what you did;You didn’t have to do it.I’m g … You Didn’t Have ToThank you for what you did;You didn’t have to do it.I’m glad someone like youCould help me to get through it.I’ll always think of youWith a glad and grateful heart;You are very special;I knew it from the start!By Joanna Fuchshttp://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:XTscBp5RpjcJ:www.poemsource.com/thank-you-

thats perfect ... thankyou

Original Poster

thankyou all for your kind words ... it really means a lot

I THINK THESE ARE REALLY NICE AND INEXPENSIVE

amazon.co.uk/Pew…8-2
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 891010
      2. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2850
      3. Sad news about Barcelona24103