Thanks Amazon for giving me £125 promotional credit

Found 28th Sep 2016
Thought this was worth sharing, normally when I buy from amazon I use no rush delivery to get the promotional credit. I emailed Amazon yesterday asking how much I had to be told £134.
Not believing this I asked again for confirmation and was told £134 to spend on Amazon products (but not kindle).
So I pre ordered the PS4 Pro and saw no promotional credit applied. After a 10 min conversation with Amazon they have agreed to refund me £125 on dispatch and I have £9 promotional credit for kindle books.
Even Amazon don't quite know where the credit came from.

10 Comments

That's Nice

promotional credit was for apps videos etc as they should have told you and was pretty clear
if they are doing this then they are pretty dumb

what it says when ordering - may be 2/3quid etc:

Choose your Prime delivery option:
FREE No-Rush Delivery : get it by Oct. 3-5
Get a £1 Amazon Appstore, Digital Video, Kindle Book & Digital Music Credit. Details

clicking details says:

About FREE No-Rush Delivery

Choose FREE No-Rush Delivery and you'll receive a £1 promotional credit that can be applied towards eligible items from Amazon Appstore, Amazon Video, Kindle Book Store, and the Digital Music Store. Your promotional credit will be automatically applied to your Amazon.co.uk account when your order is dispatched. Your £1 No-Rush promotional credit will automatically be applied the next time you place an order for an eligible item. Only customers located in the United Kingdom will be able to redeem their No-Rush promotional credits.

Your order with No-Rush Delivery will arrive in 3 - 5 business days. This No-Rush credit expires on Jan 31, 2017. Terms and Conditions apply.

eligible products, ps4 isn't obviously

nice con i guess

Edited by: "brilly" 28th Sep 2016

Original Poster

brilly

promotional credit was for apps videos etc as they should have told you … promotional credit was for apps videos etc as they should have told you and was pretty clearif they are doing this then they are pretty dumbwhat it says when ordering - may be 2/3quid etc:Choose your Prime delivery option:FREE No-Rush Delivery : get it by Oct. 3-5Get a £1 Amazon Appstore, Digital Video, Kindle Book & Digital Music Credit. Detailsclicking details says:About FREE No-Rush DeliveryChoose FREE No-Rush Delivery and you'll receive a £1 promotional credit that can be applied towards eligible items from Amazon Appstore, Amazon Video, Kindle Book Store, and the Digital Music Store. Your promotional credit will be automatically applied to your Amazon.co.uk account when your order is dispatched. Your £1 No-Rush promotional credit will automatically be applied the next time you place an order for an eligible item. Only customers located in the United Kingdom will be able to redeem their No-Rush promotional credits. Your order with No-Rush Delivery will arrive in 3 - 5 business days. This No-Rush credit expires on Jan 31, 2017. Terms and Conditions apply.eligible products, ps4 isn't obviouslynice con i guess

I have £9 credit from no rush hence only £125 from the original total was used. They asked me where the £125 came from and I was honest saying I have no idea.
I was told I could use it on products sold by Amazon only.
If they turned around and said no we can't honour it I would of accepted it.
As it stands I have an email confirming that I will get £125 refunded.

Standi

I have £9 credit from no rush hence only £125 from the original total was … I have £9 credit from no rush hence only £125 from the original total was used. They asked me where the £125 came from and I was honest saying I have no idea. I was told I could use it on products sold by Amazon only.If they turned around and said no we can't honour it I would of accepted it. As it stands I have an email confirming that I will get £125 refunded.

so the no rush promotional credit was only relevant in terms of you checking that balance?
have you bought anything worth a few hundred+ ?
some electricals come with promotional credit like cameras/lenses

Original Poster

brilly

so the no rush promotional credit was only relevant in terms of you … so the no rush promotional credit was only relevant in terms of you checking that balance?have you bought anything worth a few hundred+ ?some electricals come with promotional credit like cameras/lenses

No, haven't spent more than £20 in a single transaction for well over a year.

Standi

No, haven't spent more than £20 in a single transaction for well over a … No, haven't spent more than £20 in a single transaction for well over a year.

what about gift card balance? lasts for years .. maybe you had it set to pay by card and bypass it
giftcard balance shows history of use/additions etc
amazon.co.uk/gp/…c_9

Original Poster

brilly

what about gift card balance? lasts for years .. maybe you had it set to … what about gift card balance? lasts for years .. maybe you had it set to pay by card and bypass itgiftcard balance shows history of use/additions etchttps://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/css/gc/balance/ref=sv_gc_9

Not gift cards either, amazon themselves said it was promotional credit not visible on the website.

Over to you D.C.I. Brilly.

http://www.moviemusic.com/imgcover/285/coldcase.gif

Standi

So I pre ordered the PS4 Pro

So was the mistake the free credit or ordering a low spec product

Saturn

Over to you D.C.I. Brilly.

hey, i'm much hotter!
anyway thats me for this riveting episode but stay tuned for next weeks show
Post a comment
@
    Text