Thanks - firmware updated nps

Thanks all below

13 Comments

yh go system info and battery info and will tell u

u can update the firmwire 5.01 m33

been a couple of years since i had a psp

Original Poster

strike;3292150

yh go system info and battery info and will tell uu can update the … yh go system info and battery info and will tell uu can update the firmwire 5.01 m33 been a couple of years since i had a psp

battery info just tells me charge level + battery status = in use

re the firmware, if i update from 3.9 M33-3, it won't lose my custom firmware will it? that's what I DON'T wanna do!

Original Poster

Anybody else have a sure answer on this one? Looking to update before I go out shortly, but won't do until I'm sure I won't lose the c/fw -- where is thesaint? He always knows these kinda things...

Liddle ol' me;3292346

Anybody else have a sure answer on this one? Looking to update before I … Anybody else have a sure answer on this one? Looking to update before I go out shortly, but won't do until I'm sure I won't lose the c/fw -- where is thesaint? He always knows these kinda things...

You can use network update in 3.9 M33. You should see a black screen with basic text saying press X to update. Try it.

Original Poster

Heavertron;3292553

You can use network update in 3.9 M33. You should see a black screen with … You can use network update in 3.9 M33. You should see a black screen with basic text saying press X to update. Try it.

Yes, I know how to do it, but I'm looking for confirmation that this won't wipe the custom firmware. I don't want to try anything until I'm sure. Thanks, but I'll keep waiting until I hear from someone who can answer this specific question from experience. :thumbsup:

90% sure that the M33 firmware will update to the latest custom firmware via Network Update

Actually, exophase.com/psp…htm

right, if you currently have custom firmware you can turn on network udate and it will update to the latest CUSTOM firmware, run through it via the PSP and it will tell you that it is installing it via sony's own network, lol.
    If you need anything else just give me a shout.

Mike..

Original Poster

peodude;3292691

90% sure that the M33 firmware will update to the latest custom firmware … 90% sure that the M33 firmware will update to the latest custom firmware via Network UpdateActually, http://exophase.com/psp/380-m33-to-be-fully-upgradeable-via-network-update-3009.htm

Thanks - but everyone is avoiding my question about cfw :-( Is it safe to upgrade? That's all I want to know! (As you can tell, I know nothing about these things so err on the side of caution) :thumbsup:

Liddle ol' me;3292660

Yes, I know how to do it, but I'm looking for confirmation that this … Yes, I know how to do it, but I'm looking for confirmation that this won't wipe the custom firmware. I don't want to try anything until I'm sure. Thanks, but I'll keep waiting until I hear from someone who can answer this specific question from experience. :thumbsup:

As others say, when you use network update from 3.9 M33 onwards, you update to the newest custom firmware. The latest is 5.00 M33-3

Liddle ol' me;3292724

Thanks - but everyone is avoiding my question about cfw :-( Is it safe … Thanks - but everyone is avoiding my question about cfw :-( Is it safe to upgrade? That's all I want to know! (As you can tell, I know nothing about these things so err on the side of caution) :thumbsup:

yes it is as safe as in regards to custom firmware, if you have it and you update to the latest you will still have it :
    Or are you refering to a custom XMB and Theme?

Mike..

Original Poster

MikeBeaver;3292712

right, if you currently have custom firmware you can turn on network … right, if you currently have custom firmware you can turn on network udate and it will update to the latest CUSTOM firmware, run through it via the PSP and it will tell you that it is installing it via sony's own network, lol. :)If you need anything else just give me a shout.Mike..

Thanks Mike! At last :-D So "settings" - "Network Update" - "Select connection" (my wireless connection) - and update it. And no fear of losing custom frm right? :thumbsup:

Original Poster

MikeBeaver;3292755

yes it is as safe as in regards to custom firmware, if you have it and … yes it is as safe as in regards to custom firmware, if you have it and you update to the latest you will still have it :Or are you refering to a custom XMB and Theme?Mike..

Ok, scrub my last post - you've answered it. Yes just custom firmware. Thank you - rep being added! :-D

glad you got it all sorted mate :thumbsup:

Mike..
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73844453
      2. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1957
      3. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?24
      4. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value26

See more discussions