Expired

Thanks for ruining Christmas tesco/russel hobbs

Found 19th Dec 2017
Ordered a russel hobbs chest freezer off tesco it's faulty so requested return and refund no problem....eight days later no collection or phne call so rang tesco, russel hobbs thought they had already collected it and now can't guarantee a collection before Xmas and until they get it tesco won't refund my money so in the mean time I've no bloody freezer and can't order a new one until I get my refund. Tesco will give me a gesture of good will once returned but what use is that when I've no freezer over the holiday period. Any other ideas what I can do I'm fuming?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
just buy another chest freezer or buy food which just needs to be refrigerated?
cdm2217 m ago

I can't actually remember the last time I used the freezer section of my …I can't actually remember the last time I used the freezer section of my fridge freezer. Handy for ice cubes but doesn't really get used for much else.

That is very public-spirited of you, letting @gillsypop use the free space.

Faith in humanity is restored.
Where abouts in the country are you ?
If near me I'll pop round with a freezer ?
Edited by: "fisco2001" 19th Dec 2017
44 Comments
just buy another chest freezer or buy food which just needs to be refrigerated?
Original Poster
davewave2 m ago

just buy another chest freezer or buy food which just needs to be …just buy another chest freezer or buy food which just needs to be refrigerated?

I can't afford another chest freezer while tesco still have the 240 odd quid for the first one and why should I have to change what I want to buy for their mistake I like to buy freezer party foods and desserts as I only have a small fridge.
Do you live near a chip shop?
Original Poster
OldEnglish2 m ago

Do you live near a chip shop?

No and I am housebound at the moment due to surgery. My husband is currently working in Mexico due home Xmas eve so he can't help. I was literally relying on this. Thank god I didn't have a frozen turkey I suppose.
You might want to check your spelling before spelling/sarcasm cops arrive OP ?
Do you get on with your neighbours? Maybe explain the situation and ask to borrow a drawer of theirs? Then if a similar thing happens to them, they'll know where to go! 'Tis the season and all that
davewave14 m ago

just buy another chest freezer or buy food which just needs to be …just buy another chest freezer or buy food which just needs to be refrigerated?

I can't actually remember the last time I used the freezer section of my fridge freezer. Handy for ice cubes but doesn't really get used for much else.
Edited by: "cdm22" 19th Dec 2017
Original Poster
Itsbowtime18 m ago

Do you get on with your neighbours? Maybe explain the situation and ask to …Do you get on with your neighbours? Maybe explain the situation and ask to borrow a drawer of theirs? Then if a similar thing happens to them, they'll know where to go! 'Tis the season and all that

That's a good idea but I don't even know my neighbours they only moved in a wee while ago and it's too far for me to walk at the moment thanks for the suggestion though much appreciated
Original Poster
cdm2217 m ago

I can't actually remember the last time I used the freezer section of my …I can't actually remember the last time I used the freezer section of my fridge freezer. Handy for ice cubes but doesn't really get used for much else.

My fridge doesn't have a freezer section it's an under counter larder fridge 😔
cdm2217 m ago

That is very public-spirited of you, letting @gillsypop use the free space.

Faith in humanity is restored.
Original Poster
Wongy11020 m ago

You might want to check your spelling before spelling/sarcasm cops arrive …You might want to check your spelling before spelling/sarcasm cops arrive OP ?

Sod them my phone changes everything on me I'd be here all day fixing it if I cared
Original Poster
fanpages1 m ago

That is very public-spirited of you, letting @gillsypop use the free …That is very public-spirited of you, letting @gillsypop use the free space.Faith in humanity is restored.

Haha that'd be great thanks 🙃🙃
When ours broke just before Christmas a combination of neighbours , friends and family took everything that was already in it and helped us out while it was being fixed. If you ask people you know they might help to store the essentials , especially if it's party food for one event . In return we ended up with half a freezer full of my neighbours things last summer when theirs broke . My freezer is fairly small but I was surprised how many people I knew had chest freezers with plenty of spare space . Downside was that my food ended up all over town , but it's surprising how generous people are, mines a fridge freezer so they also took in most of our fridge stuff as well .
Edited by: "tinkerbellian" 19th Dec 2017
Wongy11022 m ago

You might want to check your spelling before spelling/sarcasm cops arrive …You might want to check your spelling before spelling/sarcasm cops arrive OP ?

Meh. It's Christmas.

Plus there are far worse offences, specifically missing words from thread titles, elsewhere in "Misc".
gillsypop4 m ago

That's a good idea but I don't even know my neighbours they only moved in …That's a good idea but I don't even know my neighbours they only moved in a wee while ago and it's too far for me to walk at the moment thanks for the suggestion though much appreciated

Get knocking, I moved house recently and thanks to a fitted fridge freezer, I have a redundant fridge freezer and chest freezer, which I haven't decided what to do with yet, your neighbours may be similar.
Original Poster
Thanks all I'll try annoying everyone I know for help and in the meantime I've emailed tesco with a complaint to see if they can get it expedited I'll not hd my breath though sure if you didn't laugh you'd cry at least the dogs get dry food they'll still be happy 😊
Where abouts in the country are you ?
If near me I'll pop round with a freezer ?
Edited by: "fisco2001" 19th Dec 2017
fanpages22 m ago

That is very public-spirited of you, letting @gillsypop use the free …That is very public-spirited of you, letting @gillsypop use the free space.Faith in humanity is restored.

Original Poster
fisco20018 m ago

Where abouts in the country are you ?If near me I'll pop round with a …Where abouts in the country are you ?If near me I'll pop round with a freezer ?

Northern Ireland probably way too far but that's an amazing offer thank you so much!
Original Poster
Thank you all I got sorted with a friend. Appreciate all the help and offers of help also much appreciated hope you all have a wonderful Christmas 💜
You had a Russell Knobs on your chest? Lol
You need to complain directly with the director of Tesco! Go to the website CEOEMAIL.com and email or call the director! Threaten them that you'll go public, tweeter & the retail ombudsman.

Its it's a shame I'm not in the head office that was in Cheshunt (now in Welwyn Garden City).
Probably best anyway when you think about it traditional xmas food don't need a freezer, potatoes, veg, pudding, mince pies etc, its just the meat that needs to be cold
Original Poster
Segata-Sanshiro14 m ago

Probably best anyway when you think about it traditional xmas food don't …Probably best anyway when you think about it traditional xmas food don't need a freezer, potatoes, veg, pudding, mince pies etc, its just the meat that needs to be cold

I don't like mince pies or Xmas pudding and all that gross stuff I buy frozen desserts and need ice for the alcoholic beverages 🙃
Just leave it in the shed :-) it’s bloody freezing outside!
Original Poster
cmdr_elito2 m ago

Just leave it in the shed :-) it’s bloody freezing outside!

We actually scraped up to 12 degrees here for a change
To be fair we did here too but it’s back down to 2c now so doubt my shed got that hot during the day!
Original Poster
cmdr_elito2 m ago

To be fair we did here too but it’s back down to 2c now so doubt my shed g …To be fair we did here too but it’s back down to 2c now so doubt my shed got that hot during the day!

Yea it doesn't last long warmish to baltic in seconds!
n15hu57 m ago

You had a Russell Knobs on your chest? Lol

No Russell’s Knob.
While the cats away....
Original Poster
Oneday7755 m ago

No Russell’s Knob. While the cats away....

My vibrator isn't called russel 🤣
gillsypop2 m ago

Didn’t say it was yours
Original Poster
Oneday773 m ago

Didn’t say it was yours

Well I sure wouldn't be borrowing one 🙈🤢🤣
gillsypop1 h, 33 m ago

I don't like mince pies or Xmas pudding and all that gross stuff

I can tell you have exquisite taste just from this statement alone. Mince pies and Xmas pudding are utter filth.

gillsypop26 m ago

What is it called then?
Original Poster
Biddy218 m ago

I can tell you have exquisite taste just from this statement alone. Mince …I can tell you have exquisite taste just from this statement alone. Mince pies and Xmas pudding are utter filth. What is it called then?

I'm glad someone else has good taste!

Haven't thought of a name yet too busy 😝
gillsypop8 m ago

I'm glad someone else has good taste!Haven't thought of a name yet too …I'm glad someone else has good taste!Haven't thought of a name yet too busy 😝

I think you should name it Willy.
Original Poster
Biddy222 m ago

I think you should name it Willy.

Well that would be just perfect 🙃🙃
My mate ordered a fireplace from B&Q but it was in the big warehouse fire few years back, and was caught up in insurance so he ordered another one.. That fell off the back of lorry outside his house and was in the hands of insurance company so he ordered a 3rd... His credit card took a bashing but that's life, I don't think not having a freezer will ruin Christmas will it.. Be happy your here to enjoy it. A few I know never made it this year. Rip.. Hope I do although they are falling like flies all around me with stomach bug..hope I'm not next
Edited by: "wayners" 19th Dec 2017
Biddy21 h, 27 m ago

I can tell you have exquisite taste just from this statement alone. Mince …I can tell you have exquisite taste just from this statement alone. Mince pies and Xmas pudding are utter filth. What is it called then?

Goliath, well ......... that's what mine is called
Can you pick one up on eBay or Freecycle?!
sparkyIreland15 m ago

Goliath, well ......... that's what mine is called

Sorry. Door doesn’t swing that way for me matey, but good for you for being open about being a dude who owns a vibrator.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants