Found 1st Jan
Thanks to brexit the prices just keep coming down, the bargains on hotdeals over the last few months have been getting better. Just need houses prices do drop now so I can jump on the housing ladder. Being part of Europe never benefited me, they opened the borders which pushed house prices and rents out of my reach and my employer took advantage of cheap labour and cut my working hours and overtime....

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
229 Comments

This has had positive and negative effects. For me, personally, Brexit is a terrible thing.

I hope I am wrong but I believe we are heading towards dark days once out of Europe. I am passionate about being British (English) but for me we are putting a finger in the air to Europe. Fingers crossed I am wrong!

Likewise...i voted stay but it has totally benifited me innthe out. Same reasons as ops and my investments are booming aswell as a result

A fantastic 2016 in terms for me

hillybee5363

I hope I am wrong but I believe we are heading towards dark days once out … I hope I am wrong but I believe we are heading towards dark days once out of Europe. I am passionate about being British (English) but for me we are putting a finger in the air to Europe. Fingers crossed I am wrong!

​Perhaps Germany and France might join us out of EU and in future create trade ties which we need and free movement which is more suitable for the economy and state security.

thevman2k3

Likewise...i voted stay but it has totally benifited me innthe out. Same … Likewise...i voted stay but it has totally benifited me innthe out. Same reasons as ops and my investments are booming aswell as a resultA fantastic 2016 in terms for me

​yes boom in US and UK markets have been very beneficial.

davewave

​you simply don't know for sure how the retailers and suppliers stocks s … ​you simply don't know for sure how the retailers and suppliers stocks stand and whether or not there are in fact a multitude of factors.Plus you don't need to be rude to people, name-calling is below the belt.

That would be the same way you wouldn't know if there was any scuppered terror attacks in London yes??!!

The prices of goods leaving the warehouse have increased because of the weaker Pound and you'll see them rise in price on the shelves over the next six months.

As for housing, that's not going to get cheaper anytime soon especially for people in your position. Unfortunately you've had your victimhood validated but the truth is that YOU are the one who determines your future, not Brexit.

i don't think we have seen the full affect from brexit just yet, we are still part of euro union.
planning our exit, some countries could make it difficult for us to leave with trade agreements while others (with a view to leaving) could be more sympathetic.

I have definitely notice price increases in goods- namely baby sector

Comments breaching the code of conduct will gain infractions.

I am a property investor and it does not look like property is going to drop in price any time soon. It has in fact gone up since brexit and is predicted to increase by about 2% over the next year.

This is good news as i hold more properties than i can afford to buy at the moment so i wouldnt want my portfolio to drop like a stone. Brexit has actually worked for us in the short term as the stock market has boomed but i am certainly concerned about its long term effect.

Original Poster

cpet23

I have definitely notice price increases in goods- namely baby sector

For example? Certainly not clothes or nappies..

We're still part of the EU, so we're going to have to wait to see the bigger picture. Something we can already see is the weaker pound is driving up costs which will be passed onto the consumer.

mutley1

I am a property investor and it does not look like property is going to … I am a property investor and it does not look like property is going to drop in price any time soon. It has in fact gone up since brexit and is predicted to increase by about 2% over the next year.This is good news as i hold more properties than i can afford to buy at the moment so i wouldnt want my portfolio to drop like a stone. Brexit has actually worked for us in the short term as the stock market has boomed but i am certainly concerned about its long term effect.

Only a few months ago you were asking advice on the most basic aspects of selling a house...now you're a property investor.

I can't wait until you buy your first car and proclaim yourself heir apparent to Lewis Hamilton. If you go to Sports Direct I'll be sure to warn Eden Hazard that you've got your eye on his team place.

mtuk1

Nonsense. In which areas have prices gone up?

Apple, Microsoft and Tesla have all announced price rises due to a weaker pound. Unilever also had a dispute with Tesco over raising costs. It was reported earlier in December that right move were expecting house prices to rise too.

Even if you're chalking it up to opportunism, all the short term predictions I've seen are for higher prices (it's what you'd expect with a weak pound, as others have mentioned). I don't think there's evidence for a drop - the deals here arent really a good barometer.

Original Poster

CFC2011

We're still part of the EU, so we're going to have to wait to see the … We're still part of the EU, so we're going to have to wait to see the bigger picture. Something we can already see is the weaker pound is driving up costs which will be passed onto the consumer.

Certainly has not affected car prices, many manufacturers have already confirmed 2017 prices are to remain the same as 2016, many manufacturers have even updated there models with facelifts and are still to remain at previous prices.

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Only a few months ago you were asking advice on the most basic aspects of … Only a few months ago you were asking advice on the most basic aspects of selling a house...now you're a property investor.I can't wait until you buy your first car and proclaim yourself heir apparent to Lewis Hamilton. If you go to Sports Direct I'll be sure to warn Eden Hazard that you've got your eye on his team place.

I invest but i havent sold. I have been buying. I am too young to sell. I am not a property developer. I am a buy to let investor. My plan is long term. So i plan to buy and hold properties, in the same way that one would hold gold, and sell when i am a lot older as i dont see any alternative form of investment that matches property returns.

I have started to invest in stocks and shares and that returns very well when compared with property but there is more risk so i wouldnt want to sell my properties and put all the proceeds into stocks as that would be very risky and foolhardy. Even though i choose safe funds, there are still risks.

None of us actually joined the current EU masifestion, that was done for us by John Major. No one got a referendum on the signing of the Maastricht treaty.

We did vote to join the Common Market though, with all its beef, wine and butter mountains. Where UK house wifes of the day paid quadruple for some butter and other household items due to regulations of the day. Had we not joined, it would have cost a whole lot less.

Both the Lisbon treaty and Maastricht Treaty were both signed by unelected PMs, Major and Brown with Miliband as his side kick.

No wonder people get the idea that the current system is corrupt.

Thank God for Brexit.

POWYSWALES

Certainly has not affected car prices, many manufacturers have already … Certainly has not affected car prices, many manufacturers have already confirmed 2017 prices are to remain the same as 2016, many manufacturers have even updated there models with facelifts and are still to remain at previous prices.

Actually the industry expects prices to rise post- Brexit but what voodoo do you think they'll use to absorb the fall in the value of the Pound? It's very basic economics isn't it?

Even if they lower their margins that has knock on effects for their own investment.

POWYSWALES

Certainly has not affected car prices, many manufacturers have already … Certainly has not affected car prices, many manufacturers have already confirmed 2017 prices are to remain the same as 2016, many manufacturers have even updated there models with facelifts and are still to remain at previous prices.

Depending on the deal we strike, there is a very real possibility that we will be seeing the price of food and clothes shopping increase.

But as long as car prices are fine in the short term?

mutley1

I invest but i havent sold. I have been buying. I am too young to sell. … I invest but i havent sold. I have been buying. I am too young to sell. I am not a property developer. I am a buy to let investor. My plan is long term. So i plan to buy and hold properties, in the same way that one would hold gold, and sell when i am a lot older as i dont see any alternative form of investment that matches property returns.I have started to invest in stocks and shares and that returns very well when compared with property but there is more risk so i wouldnt want to sell my properties and put all the proceeds into stocks as that would be very risky and foolhardy. Even though i choose safe funds, there are still risks.

Sorry, but I simply don't believe you. Maybe you've inherited a property and are embellishing, maybe you've got a few shares and have seen them rise because the ftse has, but you strike me as the type whose lack of actual knowledge will see you encounter real trouble.

You seem to need help with even the most basic financial decision. Get a good financial advisor before it's too late.

rodders443

None of us actually joined the current EU masifestion, that was done for … None of us actually joined the current EU masifestion, that was done for us by John Major. No one got a referendum on the signing of the Maastricht treaty.We did vote to join the Common Market though, with all its beef, wine and butter mountains. Where UK house wifes of the day paid quadruple for some butter and other household items due to regulations of the day. Had we not joined, it would have cost a whole lot less. Both the Lisbon treaty and Maastricht Treaty were both signed by unelected PMs, Major and Brown with Miliband as his side kick.No wonder people get the idea that the current system is corrupt.Thank God for Brexit.

Speaking of unelected PMs..

CFC2011

Depending on the deal we strike, there is a very real possibility that we … Depending on the deal we strike, there is a very real possibility that we will be seeing the price of food and clothes shopping increase.But as long as car prices are fine in the short term?

And we know that goods are costing more,to import whilst the cost of importing components has seen prices rise on goods leaving the warehouse in the last quarter.

But people like OP don't like the idea of things having consequences.

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Sorry, but I simply don't believe you. Maybe you've inherited a property … Sorry, but I simply don't believe you. Maybe you've inherited a property and are embellishing, maybe you've got a few shares and have seen them rise because the ftse has, but you strike me as the type whose lack of actual knowledge will see you encounter real trouble.You seem to need help with even the most basic financial decision. Get a good financial advisor before it's too late.

You can believe what you like. You are certainly entitled to your opinions, even of me. There is no need to be sorry. As long as you are not rude to me, i have no issue with what other people think.

New year, same old misc

POWYSWALES

I can't believe the price of Babies.

splatsplatsplat

I can't believe the price of Babies.

Do you mean babes? X)

It is what it is. Embrace it or spend the year moaning.

CFC2011

Speaking of unelected PMs..

X) still early days but I think she has more balls than all of the last 4 put together

Original Poster

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

And we know that goods are costing more,to import whilst the cost of … And we know that goods are costing more,to import whilst the cost of importing components has seen prices rise on goods leaving the warehouse in the last quarter.But people like OP don't like the idea of things having consequences.

Well let's see who is wrong in 6 months. One thing I do know is that more people chasing fewer goods is what drives up prices and it is only those at the top that benefit in that situation.

Good to hear that Powy. I am also sorry to hear about your housing struggle.
Mass immigration from East Europe has led to lack of available council houses and private rented houses are taken up and then 20 of them live together under one roof! To ease the housing crisis, the govt. decided to sell land to private construction firms, who employ East Europeans to work on them.
So, we are paying East Europeans to build houses for East Europeans. oO

Original Poster

DarkEnergy2012

X) still early days but I think she has more balls than all of the last 4 … X) still early days but I think she has more balls than all of the last 4 put together

What makes you say that? I have not seen her stick her head out at any point. As much as I was not a fan of Cameron at least he gave us a referendum, now that took balls, it cost him his job. May is only going to trigger article 50 because she has to not because she wants to....
Edited by: "POWYSWALES" 1st Jan

eh, boring

POWYSWALES

What makes you say that? I have not seen her stick her head out at any … What makes you say that? I have not seen her stick her head out at any point. As much as I was not a fan of Cameron at least he gave us a referendum, now that took balls, it cost him his job.

He did it to win the UKIP votes, he didn't want a referendum.

hillybee5363

I hope I am wrong but I believe we are heading towards dark days once out … I hope I am wrong but I believe we are heading towards dark days once out of Europe. I am passionate about being British (English) but for me we are putting a finger in the air to Europe. Fingers crossed I am wrong!

We are not putting a finger in the air to the rest of Europe and will continue to play a leading role as we always have done.
But once we leave we will have better control of our borders, laws and our future will not be dictated to by Brussels as much as it is now.

POWYSWALES

Well let's see who is wrong in 6 months. One thing I do know is that more … Well let's see who is wrong in 6 months. One thing I do know is that more people chasing fewer goods is what drives up prices and it is only those at the top that benefit in that situation.

And you think Brexit changes who is at the top? You've been sold a lie regarding property and we actually don't want prices to fall, pushing people into negative equity in some cases.

I simply don't understand why you think the price of goods will fall when the Pound has lost strength. That is a fundamental misunderstanding of basic economics.
zworld

Good to hear that Powy. I am also sorry to hear about your housing … Good to hear that Powy. I am also sorry to hear about your housing struggle.Mass immigration from East Europe has led to lack of available council houses and private rented houses are taken up and then 20 of them live together under one roof! To ease the housing crisis, the govt. decided to sell land to private construction firms, who employ East Europeans to work on them.So, we are paying East Europeans to build houses for East Europeans. oO

Wow... As,someone who has benefitted from Brexit and also what came before, this is what I'd want someone like you to believe so that you wouldn't look at the real issues facing British society.

I honestly wouldn't believe it would work so well though.

I'm not so sure that prices are that good at the moment. I am however staying optimistic about the brexit in the long-term.

POWYSWALES

Baby milk prices went up a month ago by ~10% across the board, obviously the claim that the weak pound was causing it is balls, farm gate milk prices have gone DOWN since the EU cap was removed, and the milk used in C&G is supposed to be UK sourced.

The pound is weaker against some currencies, so some prices have genuinely risen, but there is a lot of Brexiteering going on.
We export, so the weak pound is helping us slightly; baby milk prices are up, but not enough to wipe out the gain in currency against the Yuan. (Our customers pay in Yuan, into a Chinese account).

Genuinely exciting times in 2017 if Brexit is implemented in its true meaning and intention. If it's not, I see incredibly bad times when people take matters into their own hands.

A really uplifting story by the Op to begin 2017, let's all now come together and make the Brexit voted for work.

The bitterness of Leave must be left behind as we move forward.

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…48107
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52422864
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread427914645
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769427

See more discussions