Found 25th May 2007
Ok.....

I'm going to visit a old friend whos like my sister - who I've know for years but only met once. I'm stopping three night at hers and need a thankyou gift for her.

I need to get it ordered next Thursday but have no idea what to get someone who seems to have everything.

She adores cats.... thats an aveune I could explore but unsure.

I've had a rummage through IWOOT - but nothing jumps to me.

A maximum budget would be aroung £10 not including P&P (obviously this can be flexed a lil.)

I looks forward to the ideas - and await then anticipatingly.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
25 Comments

why don't you just give some bottles of wine..or for a tenner you can get some champers....few people I know would be upset with that sort of gift.

Original Poster

Nice idea - but she doesn't drink.

Sorry should have mentioned that :oops:

Sloth/Mod

With my track record. I don't think i dare suggest anything. :giggle:

Flowers? John Lewis sunflowers are £14 delivered (with £5 off voucher, £19 without) and you get quidco.

Ordered some recently for a friend and they were really nice and lasted a long time

Original Poster

kelly_o_fanatic

Flowers? John Lewis sunflowers are £14 delivered (with £5 off voucher, £ … Flowers? John Lewis sunflowers are £14 delivered (with £5 off voucher, £19 without) and you get quidco.Ordered some recently for a friend and they were really nice and lasted a long time

Mmmmm possibly.... kinda want something she can keep for ever....

Am I being too picky :thinking:

Nope, just didnt realise that

how about flowers in a vase, gets to keep the vase

I will have a think

A photo of the two of you at your first meeting in a nice frame? A nice bookmark (sorry if both considered naff)!

Sloth/Mod

Becksdawe

Mmmmm possibly.... kinda want something she can keep for ever....Am I … Mmmmm possibly.... kinda want something she can keep for ever....Am I being too picky :thinking:

A Tattoo??? :-D

Original Poster

Syzable

A Tattoo??? :-D

Nice idea but I do think my fella would want his name tattoo'ed on me first :giggle:

LoL @ Syzable.

I suggest a jumbo bag of beansprouts, and a mini loaf of hovis granary bread.

Original Poster

fruityloops

A photo of the two of you at your first meeting in a nice frame? A nice … A photo of the two of you at your first meeting in a nice frame? A nice bookmark (sorry if both considered naff)!

Bookmark..... I'm liking it

Original Poster

What are we thinking about this....

http://www.asos.com/images/inv/H/1/10/143819/Black/image1l.jpg

Sloth/Mod

Becksdawe

What are we thinking about this....

Sorry Becks but it wouldn't suit me! Nice thought though. :whistling:

But yes as she's into cats, as long as she's not allergic to non-precious metals. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Syzable

Sorry Becks but it wouldn't suit me! Nice thought though. :whistling: But … Sorry Becks but it wouldn't suit me! Nice thought though. :whistling: But yes as she's into cats, as long as she's not allergic to non-precious metals. :thumbsup:

Didn't think about that.....

Sloth/Mod

Becksdawe

Didn't think about that.....

See, i do sometimes come up with some valid points. :giggle:

How about something from ]here?

Cat themed gifts with a portion of the money going to help cats

Original Poster

Syzable

See, i do sometimes come up with some valid points. :giggle:

As always - invaluable :giggle: Thanks suga!

purplepuffin.co.uk/pro…tmlhttp://www.purplepuffin.co.uk/images/products/6137_1.jpg thats nice - some nice ornaments on the same site, but thats a little different - will be looked at daily too

What about those realistic wooden carved cat ornaments you can get at garden centres - that'll last forever.....................

kelly_o_fanatic

How about something from ]here?Cat themed gifts with a portion of the … How about something from ]here?Cat themed gifts with a portion of the money going to help cats

As cat person myself I love the calendar. I can never have enough photos of cats and this calendar lasts until the end of 2008. I have calendars all around the house and keep the pics from old calendars that I like in a scrapbook.

Original Poster

Awww guys thanks - your all great!!

Lotsa lovely things on the cat sites you have posted Kel and Crunchy - think It will definatly be something off one of those and if I have something left over a set of smellies as she's a water baby at heart.

Becksdawe

Awww guys thanks - your all great!!Lotsa lovely things on the cat sites … Awww guys thanks - your all great!!Lotsa lovely things on the cat sites you have posted Kel and Crunchy - think It will definatly be something off one of those and if I have something left over a set of smellies as she's a water baby at heart.

Glad I could help I really like the resuable calendar - I have one myself (only its got a horse on) and is used daily, so she will always be reminded of you! Lasts forever and is an ornament too!

Thanks for the rep both of you, I am just glad I could be of assistance

wow, spoilt for choice and too many nice items to choose from!

*good luck with picking the pressies!*
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition76882
    2. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!77
    3. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…1111
    4. Win a trip to Dublin, with Ireland.com via Classic FM23

See more discussions