That HORRIBLE disease that starts with C.....

Found 14th Oct 2017
I am sat here watching my Daddy very quickly deteriorate and ..... the inevitable loss of life to that horrible condition called Cancer... Its heartbreaking it really is.... I feel absolutly heartbroken..... Why cant it just be painless and peaceful

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments

Lost mine last month to lung cancer, 6 weeks after diagnosis. The care he received from the nurses was amazing. They really went above and beyond.

Stay strong. You'll get through this.

@ cloudthecat & arcangel111 and anyone else going through the same

You have my utmost sympathy and respect

I can't sit and watch the suffering, the changes. I've seen it two times and it destroyed me but that's me. I'll cross oceans and climb mountains to help and support but I cannot watch the destruction.

Here's another hug if you need it

Original Poster

I am almost speechless I really am...... It is horrific ..... The MacMillinan carers are doing a wonderful job - but - the small things like going to the toilet and ,,,,,,, My God I am just - I feel like i am in a trance myself.... If it were an animal it would be put down to stop its suffering - but as a human you have to watch it suffer.....He keeps saying "I'm dying - I am going to die!" HELP ME GET A Dr!!!! God this is sooo sooo soooo heartbreaking it truly is...

I feel your pain ...

lost my dad 15 years ago to a brain tumour... and the same nasty brain tumour has now taken hold of my wife's dad (5 months after being given all clear from lung cancer) and he's not far from the end tbh.. it's horrible watching her and her family go through the same pain I had to endure...
47 Comments

Horrible disease that starts with C, Crohns?

Edit - Sorry just saw the description.
Edited by: "hass123" 14th Oct 2017

I'm sending you my love and a big hug as there's nothing more that can really help.

Original Poster

Its horrific to watch and see it ...... As it eats up the body and ...... So, so so sad...... I feel awful I really do....

Original Poster

I am almost speechless I really am...... It is horrific ..... The MacMillinan carers are doing a wonderful job - but - the small things like going to the toilet and ,,,,,,, My God I am just - I feel like i am in a trance myself.... If it were an animal it would be put down to stop its suffering - but as a human you have to watch it suffer.....He keeps saying "I'm dying - I am going to die!" HELP ME GET A Dr!!!! God this is sooo sooo soooo heartbreaking it truly is...

Sorry to hear you are going through so much pain at the moment There are some good people on misc who will be there to help you through the bad times.

Original Poster

Misc is the BEST place to be!.....
Even if it is to be MISC-hevious! LOL!!! As if that isnt bad enough - the cat has just gone to the toilet... And NOT used her litter tray - or missed!!! LOL!! It doesnt rain it pours!!! (Puuurrrrs???) :-)

So sorry cloud. Love & hugs x

I feel your pain ...

lost my dad 15 years ago to a brain tumour... and the same nasty brain tumour has now taken hold of my wife's dad (5 months after being given all clear from lung cancer) and he's not far from the end tbh.. it's horrible watching her and her family go through the same pain I had to endure...

We have Sue Ryder care workers 4 times a day as well as nurse teams throughout the night and a night sitter ... they are a God send right now they really are!

arcangel1113 m ago

We have Sue Ryder care workers 4 times a day as well as nurse teams …We have Sue Ryder care workers 4 times a day as well as nurse teams throughout the night and a night sitter ... they are a God send right now they really are!

Sad to hear that AA, sending you massive hug

Not sure MISC is the best place right now Cloudy...

but sending you all my love 😻

cloudthecat47 m ago

I am almost speechless I really am...... It is horrific ..... The …I am almost speechless I really am...... It is horrific ..... The MacMillinan carers are doing a wonderful job - but - the small things like going to the toilet and ,,,,,,, My God I am just - I feel like i am in a trance myself.... If it were an animal it would be put down to stop its suffering - but as a human you have to watch it suffer.....He keeps saying "I'm dying - I am going to die!" HELP ME GET A Dr!!!! God this is sooo sooo soooo heartbreaking it truly is...

Hang in there cloudycat, it sounds to me like you are coping under the worst of circumstances. It might sound odd but a trance is what will get you through it. Please try to get some support for yourself.Sending you love and I'm around if you need to type x

cloudthecat41 m ago

Misc is the BEST place to be!.....Even if it is to be MISC-hevious! LOL!!! …Misc is the BEST place to be!.....Even if it is to be MISC-hevious! LOL!!! As if that isnt bad enough - the cat has just gone to the toilet... And NOT used her litter tray - or missed!!! LOL!! It doesnt rain it pours!!! (Puuurrrrs???) :-)

Oh I know that all too well, when things are crap and the cat literally craps on the carpet or the dog pukes at the top of the stairs etc.

Its like they take on your stress too and it affects them. I know that they are well aware that their 'gift' isn't appreciated but they still do it at the moment you think things couldn't get much worse.

Its what I call 'you either laugh or cry' moments and you just have to laugh as taking a step back it's kind of funny and just utterly ridiculous. Laughing is so much better than any other thing you could do!

And it's utterly ridiculous, and you'll still love that cat more than ever!
Edited by: "sicklysweet" 14th Oct 2017

I'm pleased that you have the Macmillan nurses, and hopefully a local hospice, that help and support your whole family.

It's good you've posted on here and can see how many people care about you and that we are here for you.

You are such a lovely person and hugs are important, that human contact and transfer of care & love. Take them when they're offered and also all of the help offered.

No words can really make it better, but we are here for you.

32253106-Fw7E4.jpg

32253108-n7tta.jpg

Lost mine last month to lung cancer, 6 weeks after diagnosis. The care he received from the nurses was amazing. They really went above and beyond.

Stay strong. You'll get through this.

Original Poster

sicklysweet8 m ago

[Image]

Awwwwwww!!!!!!!!!

Huge hugs sent to you.
Macmillan and Marie Curie Nurses are pure god sends!
Lost my dear grandad to the dreaded C almost 10 years ago now and it is just awful to everybody affected.
We are all here for you in misc 😘

Words are just words at this time. Spend every last minute by his side, its hard, but time will help. Sadly been there myself.

Original Poster

You guys have ALL ALL ALL cheered me up no end with the support and caring words and gifs and so on - THANKS SO SO SO MUCH! Its just little things that matter sometimes - not the huge..... Well you know! THANK YOU!

cloudthecat ~ Hi, nice to meet you. Glad you are reaching out at what can only be one of the hardest times in your life. I'm imagining you will be feeling a million emotions a minute.

Sending you Love & prayers ~ to you and your Father.

I hope the video is helpful to you, take what's meaningful to you & leave the rest

xox

Sending love to you and your family xx

Sending love to you and your family xx

Sorry to hear that. Hang on in there.

Can't really think of the words to say other than you have my sympathy, I can't imagine how difficult it must be. Best wishes.

@ cloudthecat & arcangel111 and anyone else going through the same

You have my utmost sympathy and respect

I can't sit and watch the suffering, the changes. I've seen it two times and it destroyed me but that's me. I'll cross oceans and climb mountains to help and support but I cannot watch the destruction.

Here's another hug if you need it

My Mum found out she has terminal Cancer in her lung and other parts of her body and it’s hard to watch someone who was once the life and soul slowly deteriorate, she is currently having maintenance Chemotherapy once every three weeks to try to give her more time but sometimes you wonder is it worth it to see her go through what she is going through. A quick message to Cloudthecat, I completely understand what you a going through but the only thing you can do is to stay strong for your Dad and also you must look after yourself. Are you getting any help through the MacMillan Nurses or Marie Curie they are worth their weight in gold and they should all be given medals for what they do.
Edited by: "Sprograt" 15th Oct 2017

Mod & Ed

So sorry @cloudthecat it's so hard to see someone you love so much suffering, I lost my beloved Dad 2 years ago on Christmas Eve, word's never seem enough in a situation like this, but take time to be kind to yourself, keep talking to anyone & everyone, take any help you can get.
If you need to vent, feel free to PM me
Edited by: "wishihadadonkey" 15th Oct 2017

Original Poster

Thank you ALL ALL ALL so so much..... I am deeply humbled by your comments - and by the sound of some of them, this horrific disease is more common than I envisaged ... ... . Its horrible it really is watching ..... And YES those carers or nurses..... OMG!!!

The ***t they have to clear up! And ALL with a SMILE....

God bless them.

Purrrrrrr

32255002-woQCC.jpg

32255009-Pe0wd.jpg

32255028-gNFmL.jpg

I get the feeling that these little clips will make you smile, like they do me.

Sometimes it's the little smiles that get us through the day in one piece

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{cloudthecat and family}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Edited by: "shabbird" 15th Oct 2017

Very sad to hear your dads current condition and we hope your dad attains relief from the suffering as it is surely agonising.

I would like to suggest if you do not mind a little research into the use of bicarbonate of soda as a use of treatment for cancer and other diseases of the body. Baking soda is a natural ingredient and has many benefits and uses. It may be of some benefit to improve you fathers symptoms at least, reduce the pain and suffering.

thetruthaboutcancer.com/bak…er/

Light use of it as instructed in the article is recommended but please medical advice first.

All the best and i hope you find this of some use.

What you are going through is horrible. Lost both my parents to the C, mum 34 years ago, dad 5 years ago. I know what you are going through. Best wishes x

Lost my dad to a grade four tumor of the brain , over 5 years ago now .

Got my 6 year old little boy now who's got bone marrow failure and dependent on blood and platelet transfusions all the time .
Very sad when people get it .

Original Poster

OMG - I can't believe how common (for want of a better word) this sickly disease is.... ... .. .. Its terrible..... To read all of these comments. I am seriously humbled by the support and comfort you are all showing me I really am....

Its just so, so, so sad it really is......
((((HUGS)))))
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions