Groups

That old chestnut. . . Xbox 360 or PS3

Hey all - I know this has probably happened many times, but I want a console. I have had both XBOX and PS3 but not for a while now, thing is, which is the best for the gameplay? I would also love the media center bit but I know the ps3 has bluray while the 360 hasnt, but is that much of a problem?

57 Comments

It is a big problem if you want to play Bluray discs lol

Xbox for gameplay!

Banned

Can't say I've come across a thread of this nature before.

http://nerdapproved.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/ps3_xbox.jpg

do we really need this to be asked again?

At the end of the day it's you that is going to be using it and having owned them before it can't be that hard to decide

Xbox has more games but you have to pay to play online.
    PS3 is more expensive but online play is free & also you have bluray.
    PS3 wins for me...

Have both myself. 360 gets most my time for the games alone. But PS3 has been getting some attention lately with the Move, also used as my main system for COD as most my mates have the PS3 so online gaming is a bliss and free! Also used as my bluray player.

Both are good but comes down to individual preferences which only you can decide!

Banned

Syzable

now that made me laugh

Oh this is easy. Get the console with the most friends you want to play with.

Original Poster

LRGM

Oh this is easy. Get the console with the most friends you want to play … Oh this is easy. Get the console with the most friends you want to play with.

But I don't have any friends. . .

Banned

Games on both..... xbox wins.

exclusives are better on ps3 in my opinion.

Original Poster

The really annoying thing is I sold my PS3 because I havent been using it, but I have been trying to play games on my stupid computer which really does not work, even tho it has a not too bad gpu, it still sucks.

Get a PC, oh wait you already have one......well my work is done.

I had both 360 and PS3 at one point, but got rid of xbox as i hardly used it. PS3 has better exclusives and free online play.

BUY BOTH

If I was you I would either use the search feature or have a look on Google........just of novelty idea instead of making yet another 1 of these threads.

Do you know why it is called the Xbox 360? It is because when you see it you turn 360 degrees and walk away...

Playstation 3 for me.

daninacan

Do you know why it is called the Xbox 360? It is because when you see it … Do you know why it is called the Xbox 360? It is because when you see it you turn 360 degrees and walk away...

Would that not have you walking towards it??!!

Any how, Suggest both (altho I prefer the 360 for gaming:)

OMG, this has been asked time and time again.

Playstation is always the final winner/thread.

I've owned both consoles. I had my Xbox 360 for 4 years and would stick by it no matter what. I bought myself a PlayStation 3 Slim last December and after owning it for just 1 week, I finally saw what I was missing out on. So I sold my Xbox 360. In my opinion, the PlayStation 3 is the finest console ever made. And like I've said, I have owned both machines.

Banned

Ps3 also has my vote. A. the blu-ray drive And B. the gameplay

weedo1967

Ps3 also has my vote. A. the blu-ray drive And B. the gameplay

C. Have you used this site before under a different user name.....

360 is for peasants

daninacan

Do you know why it is called the Xbox 360? It is because when you see it … Do you know why it is called the Xbox 360? It is because when you see it you turn 360 degrees and walk away...

So you end up walking towards it?! . . . . .
    Anyway i'd say both. I think like me the majority of people on here have both anyway.

Wotwot123

360 is for peasants

You're starting to sound like F&F now, lol

XBOX 360 ALL DAY LONG!!

http://www.slipperybrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/ps3grill_2006-11-21.jpg

daninacan

lol at you having a head thats back to front

Original Poster

Well I bought the 360 and I don't like it. And Argos won't take it back what do I do now lol.

aircanman

Well I bought the 360 and I don't like it. And Argos won't take it back … Well I bought the 360 and I don't like it. And Argos won't take it back what do I do now lol.

Get a psp

Had a 360 from launch cos i couldnt afford a PS3 when it first came out.
    Then i got a PS3 slim when they came out, and the 360 hasnt even been switched on since.....no lie.

Actually ridiculous the difference between them, and since the PS3 price has come down, they are close to being on par pricewise so PS3 wins for me.

CollateralDamage

XBOX 360 ALL DAY LONG!!

http://ui11.gamespot.com/618/xbox_2.jpg

I chose the xbox 360 simply because the exclusives it had were more to my liking then that of the PS3's. I also prefer XBOX Live I find it so much more attractive to use. Blu ray player doesn't really cut it for me, I have about 5 of them anyway loool. I'd expect most people to have one buy now anyway. Just ask yourself which exclusives do I prefer more and then you have your answer.

PS3 as a media centre,
    Xbox 360 as a games console

/thread

hypnoticstate

PS3 as a media centre,Xbox 360 as a games console/thread

Nah, you mean:

PS3 - Gaming, Media centre
    Xbox - Gaming

Seems a lot of people forgot what the most recent game of the year was.

I would go with an XBOX 360.

I had a PS2 and Ps1 and both broke time and time again with overheating and lens problems.PS3 might be different, but i wouldn't get one for that reason.SONY's consoles always seem to be designed badly.

Doc1978

I would go with an XBOX 360.I had a PS2 and Ps1 and both broke time and … I would go with an XBOX 360.I had a PS2 and Ps1 and both broke time and time again with overheating and lens problems.PS3 might be different, but i wouldn't get one for that reason.SONY's consoles always seem to be designed badly.

No, you have just had bad luck or what you are saying isn't totally true.

I had a launch day PS2 and it still works flawless and everyone I know their PS2s still work.

Wotwot123

No, you have just had bad luck or what you are saying isn't totally … No, you have just had bad luck or what you are saying isn't totally true.I had a launch day PS2 and it still works flawless and everyone I know their PS2s still work.

I wouldn't call replacing a PS1 and PS2 about 3 or 4 times "unlucky", i'd call it bad design.You're clearly a "Fanboy" looking at your previous comment.

There have been many faults with Sony's equipment, including the PS3.I'm not saying they're the only ones, but they're by far the worst of any company around today that build them.

I'm far from a Sony Fanboy......i prefer the 360 and my PS3 is just a glorified Blu-Ray player. However i never had to replace my PS1 or PS2. They had very low failure rates and could take all kinds of punishment.............it's only this generation, both 360 & PS3 which have suffered high failure rates.

360 for me.

I have a PS3 but haven't owned a game in a while as none of the exclusives really appeal to me and I'm the only person I know who owns one so online is pointless. That isn't to say I don't use it as it's my main BD player and if my PopcornHour is being used it can play a handful of file types.

Doc1978

I would go with an XBOX 360.I had a PS2 and Ps1 and both broke time and … I would go with an XBOX 360.I had a PS2 and Ps1 and both broke time and time again with overheating and lens problems.PS3 might be different, but i wouldn't get one for that reason.SONY's consoles always seem to be designed badly.

Yeah you are just unlucky, the main fault with the PS2s were the disc read errors. Never heard of any overheating consoles from any people i knew with PS2s.

chelskii

BORINGAnd was the game of the year called "Jailbreak" or something like … BORINGAnd was the game of the year called "Jailbreak" or something like that ?.

Nah Microsoft released that game yearsssssss ago.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What would be HELL to you?3460
      2. word association Game74044584
      3. New TV,Film & Ebook Releases 2407244
      4. FREE Odeon cinema ticket45

See more discussions