That Was Hell! The Micro AV Virus!

Posted 30th Sep 2008
I've just been a**e-ridden by one hell of a virus. Been fighting it for about 3 hours now but i think (touch wood) i finally beat the little sod. The virus was the Micro AV virus so watch out for it.

If all of a sudden a virus scanner program called Micro AV pops up telling you that you've got viruses, keep in mind that the only virus IS Micro AV, the supposed "virus scanner". Using AVG, Spybot search and destroy, CCleaner and spyware doctor, i got rid of it so make sure you get these programs yourself.
Community Updates
New Comment

13 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    one of the best programs for dealing with it is from malwarebytes

download.com/Mal…tml

I find that this finds traces that the other ones don't. I always run this first (I fix PCs for a living) :thumbsup:

It is still worth running it on your PC to mop up anything that is left on there.
    what website were u on that made the popup pop up?
    REDRANGER86;3086321

hukd..................................:whistling:

:oops::w00t:
    Author
    REDRANGER86;3086321

It wasn't a website pop up, it was that the virus had installed itself on my pc (still trying to find out how) and gave a pop up from that installation telling me i had lots of viruses and i had to act quick. in reality the only virus was that program.
    alnbowes;3086332

hukd..................................:whistling::oops::w00t:

Dont even joke. I bet there would be a really good deal for Norton anti virus then we would all be infected and end up buying the anti virus software
    I like the melodramatic OP making it sound like you are fighting some raging inferno. :-D
    Author
    Syzable;3088890

I like the melodramatic OP making it sound like you are fighting some … I like the melodramatic OP making it sound like you are fighting some raging inferno. :-D

You should have seen it. A raging inferno would have been easier to handle.
    dbilsborough;3088834

one of the best programs for dealing with it is from … one of the best programs for dealing with it is from malwarebyteshttp://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.htmlI find that this finds traces that the other ones don't. I always run this first (I fix PCs for a living) :thumbsup:It is still worth running it on your PC to mop up anything that is left on there.

Nice one, have some rep, i've had the "Smart AntiVirus 2009" virus for a week and tried all sorts to get rid of it, but couldn't, but this program did :thumbsup:
    Author
    dbilsborough;3088834

one of the best programs for dealing with it is from … one of the best programs for dealing with it is from malwarebyteshttp://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.htmlI find that this finds traces that the other ones don't. I always run this first (I fix PCs for a living) :thumbsup:It is still worth running it on your PC to mop up anything that is left on there.

Trying it now.
    Author
    Pandamania;3092653

how do you fight a virus i thought they work quite fast being computer … how do you fight a virus i thought they work quite fast being computer programs?? sry if that sounds dumb im no good with computers

by "fighting" it i meant that i was working at a hundred miles an hour to get rid of it while it was working at a hundred miles an hour to destroy important files from my computer. More of a race than a fight.
    Author
    Pandamania;3092992

boy you must be able to use a computer really fast if you can give it … boy you must be able to use a computer really fast if you can give it instructions than an executable file :?

lol
's avatar
Top Merchants