Found 26th Mar 2011
How does everyone feel about completing the 2011 Census forms bearing in mind the various times Government departments have been reported by the media as losing consumers information?

Looking at the volume of questions id say there is a lot of un-necessary info and probably a lot of info that could be used to say apply for credit in someones name if it got into the wrong hands

Seems like a bit of a waste of money when you consider how much in debt the UK is.

Interested in views of other users

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
20 Comments

I was very happy filing it in; didn't even take 10 minutes online...

(_;) left mine on the train....so a government snooper/spy can fill it in

I didn'tthink it was meant to be filled in until tomorrow. What do they actually use the information for anyway? Surely they know who they've got in the country or they couldn't have sent them the forms! Obviously they don't know about people here illegally but they're clearly not going to fill in a form anyway.

I was expecting it to be more comprehensive, there wasn't much information requested at all!

Original Poster

chas76

I was expecting it to be more comprehensive, there wasn't much … I was expecting it to be more comprehensive, there wasn't much information requested at all!

How many pages were in yours?

Im in Scotland and it has 28 pages which I thought was OTT, just wondering if its those SNP idiots wanting to know more than the rest of the UK supplies

chas76

I was expecting it to be more comprehensive, there wasn't much … I was expecting it to be more comprehensive, there wasn't much information requested at all!

Turn the page! X)

jase.2

How many pages were in yours?Im in Scotland and it has 28 pages which I … How many pages were in yours?Im in Scotland and it has 28 pages which I thought was OTT, just wondering if its those SNP idiots wanting to know more than the rest of the UK supplies

sure it is just the same as the english ones......all 28 pages don't have to be completed.....u answer a question and then it tells you to jump to page 20 etc....takes 10 mins

Little Munchkin

I didn'tthink it was meant to be filled in until tomorrow. What do they … I didn'tthink it was meant to be filled in until tomorrow. What do they actually use the information for anyway? Surely they know who they've got in the country or they couldn't have sent them the forms! Obviously they don't know about people here illegally but they're clearly not going to fill in a form anyway.

its supposed to be back to them by the 28 or u could face a fine

vicknanth

plus prosecution...

quote=karagh]

jase.2

How many pages were in yours?Im in Scotland and it has 28 pages which I … How many pages were in yours?Im in Scotland and it has 28 pages which I thought was OTT, just wondering if its those SNP idiots wanting to know more than the rest of the UK supplies

I didn't take note of the number pages, but as far as i remember it was just how many in household, ages, and work details!

vicknanth

on the front page it says Please complete your census questionnaire and then in bold on 27th March 2011 or as soon as possible afterwards. It doesn't actually have a clear date on the front when it has to be back to them although I know there is a cut off date. The info you're meant to provide contains details about any visitors that may be staying overnight on 27th so they can't expect you to fill it in before then...you may get lucky on your sat night out and have an unexpected overnight visitor

Most people have more personal information on their Facebook page than the census asks for!

Storm-tea-...

just big brother looking for more info

posted mine just now, doesnt take long if you know hoe to skip

Banned

It's census day.

Just filled mine out online! Hubby had filled the form out but toddler had scribbled all over the envelope and im too tight to buy another So online it was!

Banned

DLM

It's census day.

Is it today? Typical! The same day I have my annual dinner party! I've got the Harlem Globe trotters, the pope, Del boy (the character), Prince Harry,a couple of lamas and Dirty Den attending this evening - and they're all staying over! Should make for an interesting census.

Edited by: "JonnyTwoToes" 27th Mar 2011

Banned

I'm doing my step-mum's census for her on-line.

She has only filled in half the form.

I am sure she thinks I have a crystal ball X)

what happens if you talk rubbish on your census?

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition52481
    2. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)22
    3. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!33
    4. Win a Blink home security and monitoring system, worth £269.99 @ Netmums11

See more discussions