Groups

The 4.1 jailbreak is coming what are your views?

So it was announced that the new 4.1 jailbreak is coming on the 10/10/10 at 10.10am from the chronicdevteam, for months they said it would break all idevices, but 2 days ago they announced it would only break the iphone4 and ipad4, a big disappointment for everyone waiting.

Today it has been announced that a new jailbreak "Limera1n" will be released on the 11/10/10 that will break all idevices, this release is coming from the author geohot the guy who wrote blackra1n, a respected hacker.

What are your thoughts on this?

17 Comments

Original Poster

barky

http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/is-iphone-3g-4-1-jailbreak-out/773378#comments

This is kinda different from the post you pointed out, this is about the the new jailbreak and the battle going on between chronicdevteam and geohot. Thanks for the link

Banned

mate its out now
    use redsn0w

Original Poster

redsnow for 3gs?

Banned

ahh 3gs ill have a look for one for 3gs

Original Poster

greenpois0n is out tomorrow for 4g and limera1n is out for a jailbreak for ALL idevices on Monday.

Banned

to be honest i havent seen anyone speak about limera1n so i would stay away and greenp0ison is only for iphone 4 and up

Original Poster

it was only announced today, limera1n is from the author of blackra1n

Limera1n

just a little off topic but is there a good jailbreak for the 3G that doesnt slow it dont like slug ****?? mine is awful now almost unusable.

SuperEd

fulkontakt

just a little off topic but is there a good jailbreak for the 3G that … just a little off topic but is there a good jailbreak for the 3G that doesnt slow it dont like slug ****?? mine is awful now almost unusable.

what firmware u on ?

Can anyone advise on how you will do this jailbreak?
    Will it be like blackra1n or Jailbreakme?

Original Poster

Both greenpois0n and Limera1n should be easy

Greenpois0n For 4G

LimeRa1n for all idevices

neither are out yet green will be out tomorrow lime on monday, so they say.

4.0.1. the basics are dump i cant even text this side of xmas.

Original Poster

I can report i have jailbroken my iphone 3gs 4.1 with limera1n and its working fine

Original Poster

@KinkDink thanks for your help in the previous thread

SuperEd

fulkontakt

4.0.1. the basics are dump i cant even text this side of xmas.

had the same probs on that firmware - text freezing etc - upgrade to 4.1 then jailbreak - mine has gone from a tortoise to a hare X)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…33
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1118
      3. Sad news about Barcelona26113
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764188

See more discussions