The 89th Academy Awards(Oscars) and the nth year for me here

65 replies
Found 14th Feb
theguardian.com/fil…ies
hardly seen any yet but what I have 'oh dear' so #NO SPOILERS# please
en.wikipedia.org/wik…rds
Can Jennifer make it three in a row ?

https://media3.popsugar-assets.com/files/2013/02/08/0/192/1922398/37b1b63542dc4e1e_lawrence_trip_2.xxxlarge.gif

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
65 Comments

Watched a lot of movies in the past on putlocker but haven't seen anything this past 18 months so no idea what any are like!. Any recommendations, wongy?

Original Poster

13norfolk

Watched a lot of movies in the past on putlocker but haven't seen … Watched a lot of movies in the past on putlocker but haven't seen anything this past 18 months so no idea what any are like!. Any recommendations, wongy?

Watched Manchester by the sea the other day thought it was awful drivel tbh
La la land was OK if musicals are your thing

The best acting is usually done by the losers X)

Original Poster

shabbird

Yeah you need to be careful with that Shab
theguardian.com/fil…ebt

thewongwing101

Yeah you need to be careful with that Shab … Yeah you need to be careful with that Shab :|https://www.theguardian.com/film/shortcuts/2017/feb/14/why-the-160000-oscars-goodie-bag-could-come-with-a-five-figure-debt

Thanks for that wongy. I won't be accepting any goodie bags this year then. (_;)

La la land sweep the board

Banned

Come on di caprio! Rack them up!

Original Poster

shabbird

Thanks for that wongy. I won't be accepting any goodie bags this year … Thanks for that wongy. I won't be accepting any goodie bags this year then. (_;)

Wouldn't want you to be in trouble with the tax man

thewongwing101

[quote=13norfolk]Watched Manchester by the sea the other day thought it … [quote=13norfolk]Watched Manchester by the sea the other day thought it was awful drivel tbh La la land was OK if musicals are your thing

La la land I don't know but Hollywood do love a selfie film.

As for Manchester by the sea, you must have watched a different film! Casey's acting was epic! Such a sad story, highly recommended from me at least!

Original Poster

rap451

La la land I don't know but Hollywood do love a selfie film. As for … La la land I don't know but Hollywood do love a selfie film. As for Manchester by the sea, you must have watched a different film! Casey's acting was epic! Such a sad story, highly recommended from me at least!

So everyone says guess I may have to watch it again X)

I've only watched three of the best picture nominees: Arrival, La La Land and Hacksaw Ridge.

Arrival was pretty good, and so was Hacksaw Ridge, but I found lala land to be a bit boring, but then again I'm not too fond of musicals. My OH dragged me to see it. It'll probably win the Oscar though.

Original Poster

Had another go at Manchester by the sea
so boooorrrring don't go there full of horrible people X)

Silence was pretty good far to much 'pain pron' could have been much shorter
Edited by: "Wongy110" 22nd Feb

thewongwing101

Had another go at Manchester by the seaso boooorrrring don't go their* … Had another go at Manchester by the seaso boooorrrring don't go their* full of horrible people X)Silence was pretty good far to much 'pain pron' could have been much shorter

*Don't make me correct you.

Silence was okay but as you say far too long. Not really a winner for me though.
I thought Hacksaw Ridge was really good. Surprised that Mel is still managing to find work.

Oh and I liked Arrival as well.
Hail, Caesar! was a strange tale and not really as funny as it should have been given the talent involved (if that makes sense). Overrated I would say.

I watched hidden figures earlier i really hope it gets acknowledged

Original Poster

archer1204

I watched hidden figures earlier i really hope it gets acknowledged

Yeah what I said on your thread

thewongwing101

Yeah what I said on your thread

off to see fences tomorrow and the great wall which i heard amazing visuals but unbelievably bad storyline and acting but the director Yimou Zhang did make Hero and house of flying daggers.

Original Poster

archer1204

off to see fences tomorrow and the great wall which i heard amazing … off to see fences tomorrow and the great wall which i heard amazing visuals but unbelievably bad storyline and acting but the director Yimou Zhang did make Hero and house of flying daggers.

Have fun loved flying daggers

thewongwing101

Have fun loved flying daggers

did you see Hero yet

Original Poster

archer1204

did you see Hero yet

I expect so
thought you meant this for a minute
might be worth a watch
imdb.com/tit…22/

thewongwing101

I expect so :|thought you meant this for a minutemight be worth a … I expect so :|thought you meant this for a minutemight be worth a watchhttp://www.imdb.com/title/tt5655222/

nah this one
again some amazing visuals
heres the trailer
imdb.com/vid…v_1

Original Poster

archer1204

nah this one again some amazing visuals heres the trailer … nah this one again some amazing visuals heres the trailer http://www.imdb.com/videoplayer/vi1190108697?ref_=tt_pv_vi_aiv_1

Yeah that is what I thought you meant
it was fifteen years ago

thewongwing101

Yeah that is what I thought you meant it was fifteen years ago

The bigger the screen the better to experience it

snow18

I've only watched three of the best picture nominees: Arrival, La La Land … I've only watched three of the best picture nominees: Arrival, La La Land and Hacksaw Ridge.Arrival was pretty good, and so was Hacksaw Ridge, but I found lala land to be a bit boring, but then again I'm not too fond of musicals. My OH dragged me to see it. It'll probably win the Oscar though.

My kids like the look of Arrival when the trailer was on before Dr Strange, is it any good for teens?

haritori

My kids like the look of Arrival when the trailer was on before Dr … My kids like the look of Arrival when the trailer was on before Dr Strange, is it any good for teens?

i would say arrival is good for any age group again really enjoyed 95% of it
Edited by: "archer1204" 22nd Feb

haritori

My kids like the look of Arrival when the trailer was on before Dr … My kids like the look of Arrival when the trailer was on before Dr Strange, is it any good for teens?

Arrival is not an action film like Dr Strange, more a serious take on alien visitors, a serious drama, I found it great, but I really like Amy!

archer1204

off to see fences tomorrow and the great wall which i heard amazing … off to see fences tomorrow and the great wall which i heard amazing visuals but unbelievably bad storyline and acting but the director Yimou Zhang did make Hero and house of flying daggers.

Now fences looks a bleak affair.... probably great performances but a grim tale of woulda, coulda, shoulda, but not allowed.

Hacksaw ridge, way better than I think it would be!

Original Poster

Morning rap
I think you are all right there but added no spoilers to the description

Loved Hacksaw Ridge and Patriots Day
normally the artsy fartsy movies win the gongs though ...

Original Poster

Patriots Day dunno
liked the bit at the end the the real people

Original Poster

Deeky has been banging on about hacksaw ridge forever
what a movie 9.1 if the rating thread had not died
https://media.tenor.co/images/2fb66a9a400f581e30f4c2052ee45e07/raw
hotukdeals.com/mis…285
Edited by: "Wongy110" 26th Feb

Whos staying up to watch

Do people still watch this baloney?

Original Poster

archer1204

Whos staying up to watch

Was planing a nap at some stage if you real must know archie

Original Poster

CookinBat

Do people still watch this baloney?

you really must watch hacksaw ridge
Edited by: "Wongy110" 26th Feb

shabbird

There may be a lot of truth in what you wrote, Oscar is an establishment thing, right now, around the world, the establishments have been caught out for not delivering to the populace,

thewongwing101

Was planing a nap at some stage if you real must know archie

yeah just got back from work had an early start so might have a quick nap and then start watching at 1.30am

thewongwing101

Deeky has been banging on about hacksaw ridge foreverwhat a movie 9.1 if … Deeky has been banging on about hacksaw ridge foreverwhat a movie 9.1 if the rating thread had not died http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/rate-last-film-tv-show-watched-1301285

Yeah definitely my film of the year, from the ones I've seen.
The thing is though, do we really want to give Mel Gibson any reason to go out and "celebrate"?! oO

Original Poster

Nearly post frock o'clock
http://bpc.h-cdn.co/assets/16/08/980x490/landscape-1456710675-oscars-dress-lookalikes-2016.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Computer upgrades89
    2. Invisalign dental braces in London22
    3. Whey protien629
    4. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...811

See more discussions