The Amazon Add-On Item Trick?

Posted 19th Nov
In the olden days (2018) you could add an item that wasn't currently available (i.e. PC game) to your basket, so you could buy items that was classed as Add-On products.
Does the trick work any more? I tried it today, but it didn't work for me.

Thank you.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
Most peeps use Alexa to order.
No sadly they figured it out, now when you cancel the item that never comes or never releases it charges you for the postage you had.
Recently did this with a blu ray preorder and no matter what I couldn’t cancel online I had to ring up ..wont be doing it again
Can I ask someone or anyone a question?

What's to stop someone from ordering the item they need and something else that takes the total to over £20. Then returning the additional item they didn't need?

For example; need a clock (£15), free delivery if over £20 so they buy a power bank for £10. Total now £25. Both items arrive. Return power bank keep clock.

What to stop people from doing that?
notalwaysright1919/11/2019 23:37

Can I ask someone or anyone a question?What's to stop someone from …Can I ask someone or anyone a question?What's to stop someone from ordering the item they need and something else that takes the total to over £20. Then returning the additional item they didn't need?For example; need a clock (£15), free delivery if over £20 so they buy a power bank for £10. Total now £25. Both items arrive. Return power bank keep clock. What to stop people from doing that?

Nothing, do it a few times and they will close you’re account, cant say I blame them
I used to buy toiletries to top it up...
Thank you all very much for your help
notalwaysright1919/11/2019 23:37

Can I ask someone or anyone a question?What's to stop someone from …Can I ask someone or anyone a question?What's to stop someone from ordering the item they need and something else that takes the total to over £20. Then returning the additional item they didn't need?For example; need a clock (£15), free delivery if over £20 so they buy a power bank for £10. Total now £25. Both items arrive. Return power bank keep clock. What to stop people from doing that?

You can do it once maybe twice but if you return percentage goes over a certain threshold you get a warning and any more returns result in account closure.
I had no idea about this either until I read someone’s post here who’s account was closed due to that.
Edited by: "RealOldMonk" 20th Nov
snoopy1819/11/2019 23:44

Nothing, do it a few times and they will close you’re account, cant say I b …Nothing, do it a few times and they will close you’re account, cant say I blame them

RealOldMonk20/11/2019 13:54

You can do it once maybe twice but if you return percentage goes over a …You can do it once maybe twice but if you return percentage goes over a certain threshold you get a warning and any more returns result in account closure. I had no idea about this either until I read someone’s post here who’s account was closed due to that.

Thanks for that information both of you
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions