Groups

the ashes *YAWN*

how boring

why all the excitment

21 Comments

i have to agree with you boring

sure, boring . .

if you're not a cricket follower then it is.

worst head of the day

1*

If you don't follow/understand Cricket, the Ashes will be boring.
    If you don't follow/understand Football, the 2010 World Cup will be boring.

If you don't follow/understand [insert sport here], the [insert event] will be boring.

You're kinda stating the obvious, but thanks for sharing. Me - I can't wait.

Xb0xGuru;5692021

If you don't follow/understand Cricket, the Ashes will be boring.If you … If you don't follow/understand Cricket, the Ashes will be boring.If you don't follow/understand Football, the 2010 World Cup will be boring.If you don't follow/understand [insert sport here], the [insert event] will be boring.You're kinda stating the obvious, but thanks for sharing. Me - I can't wait.

nice, couldnae be arsed doing it :thumbsup:

i dont follow/ understand cricket - but im still lookingforward to it!
    i think it might be a man thing. esp without any football on at the moment.

I've just had to put it on for workmen in the house. So now got to watch it to make sure I get the work done right. :cry:

it goes on for ever at least football and rugby is only about 2hrs

jamespir;5692104

Test cricket goes on for a maximum of 5 days (2 innings per team) and can still end in a draw (hence why it's called TEST Cricket).
    ODIs (one day internationals) go for a maximum of 50 overs per team (1 over = 6 deliveries or bowls).
    Pro40 goes for a maximum of 40 overs per team.
    T20 (Twenty20) goes for a maximum of 20 overs per team. (approx 1.5 hours per innings)

It must seem forever if you don't understand it or your attention span is limited to 45 mins each way... :whistling:

jamespir;5692104

akin to chess

You've opened a thread to debate how boring cricket is so that you can bore yourself even more???

jamespir;5691969

i have to agree with you boring

totally agree,boring, what a waste of HD TV!!

i hate cricket with a passion

Original Poster

i understand rules of cricket

im asking why the fuss over it its not like the world cup that decides the best team in the world, its just 2 teams playing each other

Come on England a decent start

jamstaruk1972;5692855

i understand rules of cricket im asking why the fuss over it its not like … i understand rules of cricket im asking why the fuss over it its not like the world cup that decides the best team in the world, its just 2 teams playing each other

the ashes = oldest rivalry in sport

Original Poster

myaser88;5692875

the ashes = oldest rivalry in sport

its not even oldest rivalry in cricket

Original Poster

usa v canada playing since 1840's

We have just had two weeks of people hitting balls over a net, now that was boring.

jamstaruk1972;5692855

im asking why the fuss over it its not like the world cup that decides … im asking why the fuss over it its not like the world cup that decides the best team in the world, its just 2 teams playing each other

Oh I hope you can see the irony of that statement, seeing as you're a Tim ...:whistling:

I've stopped listening to talksport while its on and I'm now enjoying radio 2 with thankfully hardly any wicket updates.

It's just posh rounders.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?33197
      2. Rest In Peace Jerry Lewis.66
      3. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?66
      4. Are these two things distinctly different to you?99

See more discussions