Groups

The bathstore. Is it any good?

Evening. We need to buy a new bathroom. Been round several stioes and the prices vary wildly. I quite like the look of some pieces in the bathstore but they are nearly the cheapest I have found and massively criticised in terms of quality etc by other bathroom shops. Has anyone bought items from them more then 5 minutes ago and are they all still in one piece? Thanks

9 Comments

I think their stuff looks nice, but haven't bought from their in the past. Given today's climate I would pay by credit card as I suspect they are on borrowed time (just personal opinion).

Have a look at B&Q they have quite a good selection of bathroom items these days and I have purchased from there and all seems ok.

Good luck

We bought a few weeks ago a new toilet and washbasin for the downstairs loo from them, price was good and they threw in free mixer taps (worth £135.00) we haven't fitted them as yet so can't comment as to how they will last.

Only pain we had was upon collection the delivery wasn't complete so had to wait a further week for next delivery for missing part (the toilet pan !) wasn't a problem for us luckily as it happened.

Hope this gives some sort of guidence ? I found them jto be very helpful and knowledgable.

I have been looking at the very same thing and thinking the very same thoughts as I need a new job lot! (ooooh errr Mrs) I have seen the interest free dealson at B&Q, but I STILL like the Bathstore bits - its just that the plumber man doesn't seem too keen on fitting it or whatever?

Hmmm?

As for on borrowed time? I dunno - Credit Card is only a good option if you can afford the repayments though.... With Credit in its state a circa 26% APR on my Visa isn't appealin to me at the mo hun.

xxxx

cloudthecat;3938647

I have been looking at the very same thing and thinking the very same … I have been looking at the very same thing and thinking the very same thoughts as I need a new job lot! (ooooh errr Mrs) I have seen the interest free dealson at B&Q, but I STILL like the Bathstore bits - its just that the plumber man doesn't seem too keen on fitting it or whatever?Hmmm?

I can see why your plumber is not keen, fitted a few of bath stores wares myself and found them to be an absolute pain, the pipework for waste and water were different to uk fittings so it was a bit hit and miss. Looks nice when its in though.

got my new bathroom suite from the bathstore when we moved into our house approx 5 yrs ago.
    All still looks fab and lasted well. We got a D shape jacquzi bath, basin & loo.
    They were also v helpful when we broke the towel rail on our curved shower screen - got sent a new one no cost.

Original Poster

cloudthecat;3938647

I have been looking at the very same thing and thinking the very same … I have been looking at the very same thing and thinking the very same thoughts as I need a new job lot! (ooooh errr Mrs) I have seen the interest free dealson at B&Q, but I STILL like the Bathstore bits - its just that the plumber man doesn't seem too keen on fitting it or whatever?Hmmm?As for on borrowed time? I dunno - Credit Card is only a good option if you can afford the repayments though.... With Credit in its state a circa 26% APR on my Visa isn't appealin to me at the mo hun.xxxx

Isn't the point that if you pay on credit card and pay it straight off (i.e. no interest payment on credit card) but goods fail to arrive you get repayment from credit card company? Not sure, may be wrong about this.

We have used
    plumbworld.co.uk/
    and had excellent service, go via quidco for 5%

We got our bathroom suite from Jewsons and they were alot cheaper than anywhere else.

have used plumbworld, there quality is excellent
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      2. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      3. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33
      4. DICKINSONS REAL DEAL £25,000 COMPETITION22

See more discussions