The beast v black box v spinz on kodi

Found 31st Jan 2016
what one have you and why do you prefer said one.

p.s have tried the beast and spinz and found the beast not so good to navigate
Community Updates
AskKodi
21 Comments
Spinz appears to be the best' no doubt others will say differently' the beast and the black box are ok' but most streams play on spinz and not so much on the others.

I also find spinz doesn't freeze up as often as the others' but maybe that's just me.
there's just too much on builds lately a lot of stuff doesn't work why Carn't we have just a few movie addons sports and TV they do look good though appreciate the work and time it must take
i use Rigbys build and its cool. Much better than the Beast and Blackbox.
i use Rigbys build and its cool. Much better than the Beast and Blackbox.
stream all the sources (salts) is a good addon
steevojohno

there's just too much on builds lately a lot of stuff doesn't work why … there's just too much on builds lately a lot of stuff doesn't work why Carn't we have just a few movie addons sports and TV they do look good though appreciate the work and time it must take

I agree - of all the builds there's just far too much content which lets face it won't get watched ever - appreciation all the same' it must take months to gather up all the info.
I've used all 3 and would say spinz is my favourite but each to there own I wouldn't really complain about any as all have there positives and negatives
Thanks having just tried the beast and spinz prefer the spinz also but just wondered what black box was like

running them on 2 firesticks and a firebox
Cenovo? £55 and a cracking device
Used all 3 but still went back and used TVMC .
Blackbox is no more....
I'm running Spinz on my RPi2 and on my Firestick (with Firestarter) . Nice and lightweight. No complaints here.
I have installed a few add-ons via Fusion Add-on, they all work ok, get my films, TV series and Sports, i would not need anything else
J
thanks i had tvaddons but now have spinz as tvaddons is not so up to date
what about these two head to head what is best and why

p.s i have tried them both but only a limited time have i had spinz so cant yet judge
when i installed the beast it froze a few times and that put me off but maybe because that was only on a firestick
Edited by: "madmax666" 1st Feb 2016
philmitchell

Used all 3 but still went back and used TVMC .

can you tell me why or was it just personal choice or maybe you just did not like change?
bobdylan

Blackbox is no more....

Its now found at "http://paradoxwizard.co.uk/repo". Alot of the "wizards" all went down at the weekend for fresh installs including TheBeast and Ares Wizard. New Kodi 16.0 due out "Jarvis" they all had issues with getting anything to work on it so most where scrambling do get things working over the weekend.
Personally I install a build that I like the skin on (TBB or Spartan) and has most of the addons that I would use already there just to save myself time in and out of different repos. Uninstall any addons that I would never use. Set all to only update upon demand. Those addons that I use most spend a little time configuring them removing any sources which I know never work (normally due to UK isp blocks), giving priority to those that sources that I prefer myself so that they always appear at the top of the list. Nearly all addons will search lots of sources, each takes time so removing those that you know never work saves processing time and the bother of even having them on your list of sources. Kodi in general can get itself into a twist if you are in an addon as it is trying to update same addon (regardless of the device you using) or another so best to update yourself once a week or so when you not in dire need to watch something straight away!. In other words wizards etc are not going to do everything for you. Kodi works best when you put a little work into it yourself.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 2nd Feb 2016
madmax666

can you tell me why or was it just personal choice or maybe you just did … can you tell me why or was it just personal choice or maybe you just did not like change?

It's got everything in it that I need, it loads faster than the other ones, and if I want another addon I just add that when I want .
tried all 3 and all have there good bits and bad bits. my next is the animal build. youtu.be/JyB…15s I will let you know how it is.
Ive never tried beast / black box or spinz but currently have animal build which seems fine. Has tabs for genesis and phoenix along with movies / tv shows / live tv / sports and a few more but not had time to check all add-ons
radders112

Ive never tried beast / black box or spinz but currently have animal … Ive never tried beast / black box or spinz but currently have animal build which seems fine. Has tabs for genesis and phoenix along with movies / tv shows / live tv / sports and a few more but not had time to check all add-ons

On a slightly different note. New Genesis fork called "Specto" out now as Genesis has been abandoned so to speak. Instructions in below link.

filmkodi.com/en/…is/
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 2nd Feb 2016
I made my own build... it is not hard
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions